"that child restraint thing is gay fk that"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah the inner half of the left and right main lights.

What is the reason for this anyway? Sure 'only one center brake light' is fine.. but to me, they're not 'center' lights,... theyre the inner half of the left and right lights..
It's pretty dumb.
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. First of all the child restraints are no GAY! They save lives. I must admit, I have three kids, only one child uses the restraint, however it comes in handy having 3 as we can place the seat in whatever position we like. Secondly, if my wife picks up my neice, we obviously can use two at the same time.
Can we use the argument that why do we have to have seatbelts on every seat? I am single and I only drive everywhere by myself. They should be optional to save money. Or why do I need brakes, I hardly use them? Seriously, This would have to be the most ridiculous thread of all time! It is a law introduced to save lives whether you have kids yourself or not! What about the next person that buys your car?

These anchors also come in handy if you are transporting something heavey in the back seat BTW.

My 2 cents. Stop your bitchin and moaning cos you don't have children. You should have bought a goddam Supra! Very Happy

After all that, I do think the brake light thing is gay though!
Very Happy
Chris
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Enough said !
sbyder
'Mr. Lemon'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
yah the inner half of the left and right main lights.

What is the reason for this anyway? Sure 'only one center brake light' is fine.. but to me, they're not 'center' lights,... theyre the inner half of the left and right lights..
It's pretty dumb.

I agree 10000%

To me its just stupid. Im pretty sure the reason was something along the lines of having one centre brake light, but in our workcard we have to disconnect both boot lid lights and the LED stop light.

I'll try and find out in a few weeks and let you all know.

Also, regarding the child restraints, last week we completed testing on the V35's stock child restraints. Had to put in excess of 500kg of force on each one. Passed with flying colours so now we dont have to fit aftermarket ones, just keep the factory fitted items.

You must realise that in the next 10, dare i say 15 years of the cars life, you might not be the only owner and installing child restraints must be completed in accordance to strict guidelines. Its not something you can do in your backyard and hope for the best.

Ben
RCN Compliance Centre
East Coast Compliance

....Website coming soon....
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbyder wrote:
thommo wrote:
which brake light ? the one on my parcel shelf works....

the boot lid lights.

Also the outer brake light assembly, they disconnect the very outer ones. ADR's say that the rear brake lights must shine rearwards. Our cars have brake lights that wrap around the back a little, so those must go too.

So out of 3 pairs of brake lights, 2 are disconnected. I can understand that whoever made up the evidence kit was making the car meet ADR's - but who in their right mind (government included) thinks that reducing brake lights by two thirds is a good idea?

My VP Calais, and my VX SS both kept the power windows active, after the key was removed, until I locked the car with the remote. So why disconnect this feature on Soarers & Aristos?

My old man just bought a Discovery. The mirrors are convex. They have a sticker 'objects may be closer than they appear'.

So why not just put the same warning sticker on an Aristo? Why stick a $2 flat mirror on with double sided tape?

Not going through making a demo car ready for compliance test / building an evidence kit I wouldn't know - but I suspect that rather than arguing sense into DOTARS or whoever administers this, they just take the easy way out, "chop, sick, chop - there it now meets adr's!".
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG - i cant believe i am reading this.. Confused
You guys whinging about 'child restrants' being put on a car for compliance.. Sad
Does it really matter? Does it really effect what you want to do with the car?
I dont mind having them there - not that i'm going to have kids anytime soon... is just handy to have should i want to or need to pick up my nephews at times!
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep child restraints don't bother me at all, it makes sense, just some of the other things don't.
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just the fact that its a legality to have them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: