Posting images on forum

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Posting images on forum Reply with quote

From early on we integrated image hosting with POSTIMAGE, which worked fine but in the last couple of weeks when you click on the image the window that opens with the image in it - has popups Rant

So I've ditched that & coded in image hosting with IMAGESHACK instead. It requires an extra step or two so here are some instructions.

1) Below the area where you enter your post, you'll find a box that refers to ImageShack. There is a spot for a filename with 'browse' written next to it.
2) Click the browse & locate the image on your local system
3) Click the 'host it!' button
4) A new window will open after your image has been uploaded to IMAGESHACK. This window contains the code you need to paste into your post to display the image. You have two choices:

5a) Post up a thumbnail of your pic, which is clickable to the full size image. To do this you want to copy all the code in the box 'Thumbnail for forum(1)'. When you click in the box it will automatically select all the code, you you just need to copy it, either via holding down CTRL on your keyboard & pressing C, or right clicking the code & choosing copy. Then paste that code into your post Smile

5b) Post the full size image directly into the post. Only do this if your image is not too large. To do this you want to copy all the code in the box 'Hotlink for forum(1)'. When you click in the box it will automatically select all the code, you you just need to copy it, either via holding down CTRL on your keyboard & pressing C, or right clicking the code & choosing copy. Then paste that code into your post Smile

Sorry to anybody who copped spammy type pop-ups from the last site, it certainly didn't do that when we first started using them Smile

Example of method 5a:

Example of method 5b:
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i noticed that, so i stopped using it and just kept with my photobucket account Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: