Wash, cut, polish, waxing techniques; whats your style?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seNpaii
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Wash, cut, polish, waxing techniques; whats your style? Reply with quote

Hears my pictures that resolved with Meguairs; wash tech 2.0, detailing spray, window spray and wax tech 2.0.

Took me almost 2-3 hours with breaks in between. Manual hand and elbow grease effort!
Whats your style and product?
radu
'El Traficante'

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh mate , it looks really good. I used to do that as well , until one of my mates told me to go to Laser carwash and i gotta say for 10$ the car looks brand new and stays like that for 2 weeks
Davidian
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orbital sander with lambs wool pad. Good polish (I use PPG Pro 1 because it was free). A water bottle and 2 cloths. Do it like this:

1. Squirt a fine mist of water over the area to be buffed.
2. Blut out a bit of polish onto your finger, then wipe it on to the panel are you just wet.
3. Buff with lambs wool pad.
4. Wipe off buff remnants with cloth 1.
5. Wipe clean and polished with cloth 2.

Then move on to the next spot.

Once you're done put down a sealer/glaze with another cloth then wipe off with cloth 2.

Been doing that for years, it was taught to me by some good mates in the industry. Of course if you have scratches and shit to get out you will need some 2000 then 4000GRIT sandpaper on your sander before you buff.

I use mothers sealer/glaze, but almost any of the top-brand products out there will do the job pretty well. Brand means little IMO.
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidian wrote:
Orbital sander with lambs wool pad. Good polish (I use PPG Pro 1 because it was free). A water bottle and 2 cloths. Do it like this:

1. Squirt a fine mist of water over the area to be buffed.
2. Blut out a bit of polish onto your finger, then wipe it on to the panel are you just wet.
3. Buff with lambs wool pad.
4. Wipe off buff remnants with cloth 1.
5. Wipe clean and polished with cloth 2.

Then move on to the next spot.

Once you're done put down a sealer/glaze with another cloth then wipe off with cloth 2.

Been doing that for years, it was taught to me by some good mates in the industry. Of course if you have scratches and shit to get out you will need some 2000 then 4000GRIT sandpaper on your sander before you buff.

I use mothers sealer/glaze, but almost any of the top-brand products out there will do the job pretty well. Brand means little IMO.

I do a Similar process Except I do my polishing by hand and I use Black polish awesome stuff for dark cars makes all little swirls, scratches and the like disappear the black just fills it in and then ya polish it up also use a carnuaba wax at the end to keep it dust protected and water beading nicely Very Happy
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never seen 4000 grit paper, highest ive seen is 2500 or 3000....that was pretty hard to get.....just like paper at that grit!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Davidian
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find someone who stocks MIRKA abrasives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: