Introduction thread - this should be your first post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt, noticed your profile when you signed on as that makes you my new best freind Very Happy

Any particular design of Aristo you're after mate ie: bodykit / stocker etc,etc.
1ARI570
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something dark in colour and with a decent set of wheels and no LEATHER!

not fussed with bodykits. looking to go big single eventually too.
Miggy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ARI570 wrote:
Hi all, Im Matt from Perth and Im about to turn 24yo.

Previous rides include;

1993 1.8t KH Laser S
1993 R33 auto GT25t coupe
1994 SR20det 180sx
1991 TT Soarer
1987 VL Calais RB30et then RB20det
2 x 1993 R33 GTS25t 4dr's

Now I am currently going through the motions of importing an Aristo through J-Spec Imports.

For a job, I work for Shannons Ins, Insurance for the Motoring Enthusiast! haha!

Look forward to getting my car and have a play with the 2JZ.

P.S Great site, so glad I have a reference point now and look forward to getting out to some meets when I get my Aristo!

Awesome, do you know where your getting your compliance done when u get one? J-spec might send you off to DCI and our cars might arrive at the same time if u pick one soon Very Happy.

so.....Any change of insuring an 18 year old with a TT aristo Very Happy
1ARI570
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah J-Spec have referred me to DCI for compliance, I am still undecided about them though.

And yes, Thommos car is very neat, but he will get a much better figure if he sells privately Smile

As for the factory Toyota leather...... Yuck

And lastly, 18yo + Aristo + Insurance @ Shannons = NO CHANCE! haha, sorry dude.
aristo2jay
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

its taken me a while to do an intro , sorry , read on and you will know why

names Jay and im 24 from nsw

previous cars

xd falcon , yellow 4 sp 4lt
vk on gas
mz21 7mgte soarer auto
jzz20 1JZgte soarer 5sp
jzz30 auto 1jz

and now my aristo 92 it has leather and sunroof
2jzgte
well my aristo was off to a rocky start when a few days before I was due to pick it up after compliance some talented theives got to it, it got its 18" wheels,hks intercooler ,very nice one piece hard sard piping probably with some kind of nice BOV,turbo timer , greddy oil catch can, boost controller (I think thats what it is in a pic) all stolen from it.

but im stocking up on some parts so its all coming back together betterer than it was haha
so far it has these that the theives missed/didnt have time for

-abflug twin exaughst
-mines ecu
-fairly low suspension
and these are my parts that I have eitheer on hand or on order

blitz 100mm IC and piping
t3 single turbo manifold -ebay but looks half decent
prof sheepdog BOV
blitz z1 18's

and im looking for

a gt3540r or similiar ,T51, T04Z with a small to mid size ex housing
large injectors
probly 044 fuel pump
bigger brakes discs and calipos
shift kit and mild stally
good trustworthy recommended workshop in syd , have a few in mind but if anyone has recommendations or recommends themselves PM me

ecu path , maybe el cheapo but el effective SAFC(sounds like some are getting awesomw results with this on this forum) but more than likely a micro or hal tech or even power FC or any other ecu that pops up

also have installed alarm and mild audio /video , ie indash screen etc, well almost, just got some finishin touches to do,

reason im so lazy- shattered my heel recently after a rather big drop and have had to have it recoed, that and work has kept me from doing too much

pics are from before stuff was flogged
[/URL]
[/img][IMG][URL=http://imageshack.us]
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ARI570 wrote:
Yeah J-Spec have referred me to DCI for compliance, I am still undecided about them though.

I've seen good and bad go through DCI. It seems mine was done right n proper, but others I have seen shortcuts taken. Your call mate.

Btw, I got quoted insurance with you guys, at i think $1300 or somethin... 21yo. Ended up going with Just Cars for lower, though I wouldve preferred your lot. You can't get us discounts can ya? HAhahaha.
infotechplus
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: The Ton - I'm Ready Reply with quote

Well after hitting the 'ton' in terms of posts I thought it might be time to formally introduce myself.

My name is Peter, I live in Parramatta (NSW). I'm married with three boys, two of which are just finished High School.

I work for NSWHealth as a Web Manager, and have been in IT since I quit teaching secondary school in the 80's. I've worked for Apple Computer, The University of Technology, Sydney, and my current job since then.

I'm currently on LSL for nine weeks, and enjoying a break from work, and looking for a new car (which will hopefully be an Aristo.)

I've held a CAMS national competition licence since 1995, and retired from racing this year. I started out with a Datto 1600 in Sport Sedans, then had a Mazda R100, and in 1995 I imported an EG6 Civic from Japan and built it into an Improved Production under 1600 club car.

I've been active on a variety of Forums, most notably Toymods where I am a member.

I finished a ground up rebuild of a Toyota Hilux not long ago, and enjoy working on cars.

My list of past transportation (not in any real order) includes:

Honda CB175 Twin
VW Beetle
EJ Holden Van
Toyota KE20 Corolla
Diahatsu Charade CR Sports
Honda City
Honda Integra
Honda Civic
Honda Accord Luxury Euro
Toyota Hilux
Mitsubishi Pajero
Toyota Prado GXL

That's about it.

Cheers,

Peter

PS. That's my Golden Retriever in my avatar (when he was a pup - he's just turned 3) Very Happy
Miggy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ARI570 wrote:

And yes, Thommos car is very neat, but he will get a much better figure if he sells privately Smile

As for the factory Toyota leather...... Yuck

hahahaha i expected that Sad...

Shame about the stolen parts up there^^^^^^ rims look really nice oh well time to upgrade to some DISH!
damosky
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

G'day guys and girls. I stumbled upon this site while searching for info Aristo's. Don't own one atm, but i am seriously looking into it. Just doing the homework first.

Gotta say, first impressions are that this site is a refreshing change from the majority of 'car' sites around - I havent seen one death threat on here yet!!!

Anyway, name's Damo, 30yo, reside is Brisvegas (almost, I am in the Redlands), married with 1, work as an engineer for a major beverage company (take a guess) and i can fix just about anything. In fact, my friends call me Macgyver. That said, I gave up working on cars about 7 or 8 yrs ago. I just wanna drive em now not fix em, LOL.

Long story short, I was gonna get a Skyline, but i have been copping a hard time from the Minister for War and Finance about her having to use it pick up kids from private school in a "2door hoon car", so when i first spotted a 4door cruiser with a supra engine, i thought, "heck yeah!!!". Never even heard of em till 3 days ago, but i'm sold already. Just gotta find the right one now.

Cheers all, and if you see any gooduns for sale, let me know.
Damo Very Happy
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Damo Smile
Best of luck with your search. Will you be importing one or buying one here?

damosky wrote:
Minister for War and Finance

LOL
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Welcome to the forums!
I think you'll be glad you chose the Aristo when you do finally get one - awesome cars! Smile

Goodluck with the hunt - there are a few around for sale - and they're even popping up more and more in different car yards around Brissy....

Keep an eye out on carsales.com.au too...

Have a good one

Jodes!
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forsaken, just looking to see what i can get locally atm. Never imported b4, and i kinda need to get one sooner rather than later.

Chikita, don't worry, I have been trolling all the net-based stuff. To my surprise, there are quite a few around. I have also noticed that they seem to vary wildly in price. I've only just started looking though, so I'll see what sells and what is still there in 4 weeks.

Cheers guys (& girls)
Damo
Trigga
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: intro Reply with quote

hey guys, im Matt, im about to turn 18, and im from Auckland, NZ.
pretty much the same as Damo, as in that im doing my homework before i buy an aristo but i have liked them for a while now and been interested in getting one. they arent very popular over here in NZ which is good because it can be the ultimate VIP sleeper Smiley

i will probably get a non-turbo one to begin with but when i start making cash go single turbo or sell and buy a twin-turbo. just a bit sick of turbos and the infamous reliability issues, at the moment.

cars ive owned:
toyota carib 1.8
honda accord 2.2
subaru legacy gt-b

have a nice day Beer
Midge
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm Rogie from Adelaide, 22 years old and just purchased my second car, a Silver 1992 Aristo.

The blend of performance and luxury is what drew me to the Aristo.

My Aristo is stock aside some new 18" wheels + rims. I was amazed with how neat the car was in and out and RAA gave it a great score.
The first thing I'll be doing is window tinting as I'm going to get melanoma from the clear glass windows at the moment Smile

Yet to arrange insurance but Just Cars gave me a quote of around $1300 which sounds pretty good.
DELUX2JZ
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gday folks, Im Gonz from Perth, i see there are afew from Perth which is excellent, Ive currently got my Ute 4Sale so once it sells ill be purchasing my Aristo.
Ive got a few questions on the model but ill look around in here and see if they can be answered before i ask, so ill read yas around and look forward to seeing some of the WA crew out n about, anyone who lives S.O.R and is willing to show me their Aristo so me and the missus can see one in the flesh that would be greatly appreciated, we live in Rockingham but we will travel to meet ya!!

great site too Very Happy

Gonz.

IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO ORDERING MY ARISTO, CANT WAIT YALL, CHEERS!!
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELUX2JZ wrote:
Gday folks, Im Gonz from Perth, i see there are afew from Perth which is excellent, Ive currently got my Ute 4Sale so once it sells ill be purchasing my Aristo.
Ive got a few questions on the model but ill look around in here and see if they can be answered before i ask, so ill read yas around and look forward to seeing some of the WA crew out n about, anyone who lives S.O.R and is willing to show me their Aristo so me and the missus can see one in the flesh that would be greatly appreciated, we live in Rockingham but we will travel to meet ya!!

great site too Very Happy

Gonz.

Welcome aboard Gonz...another Perth member.

We try and meet up every month or so but have struggled a bit to achieve this so far. Not aware of any members that live in Rocky but a few do live SOR.

Look forward to you getting rid of the ute and joining the club...got an importer/complier in mind?

JV
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gonz, if you can hold out i should be organising another meetup soo as im the one to get things moving over here as shame that my car never does Razz
Would be a good time to meet the people and go for a spin in a Aristo Very Happy

Any particular colour / year you're after at all ?

My sisiter lives in Port Kennedy as i'll PM if you when im up that way mate.

Cheers Jamie
2Jornot2J
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Gonz and welcome. mate i can empathize with you totally, just over 4 weeks ago we were aristo-less. now, we are grinning all the way. we dabble with the idea of importing one, but this is the wifes car essentially and she wasnt prepared to wait. i changed camps also as i used to have a GTR but sold it to replace it with the risto. black, 18s and not too low but low enough. you will be more than surprised with its deceiving looks, power and luxury. get use to people at the lights staring and scratching there head, much the same when you hose an R8 at the lights on take off. i am also a southern boy in vic park. meet up should be good. in regards to importing or buying one local, depends on budget and patience. importing is by far the most cost effective way, but if your looking for a local one, prepare to dig deep. the best way is through private sales. look forward to meeting up.
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if ur lucky u will get one locally with all the fruit and pay less than it cost to import and mod Smile
DELUX2JZ
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayVee wrote:
[Welcome aboard Gonz...another Perth member.

We try and meet up every month or so but have struggled a bit to achieve this so far. Not aware of any members that live in Rocky but a few do live SOR.

Look forward to you getting rid of the ute and joining the club...got an importer/complier in mind?

JV

yeh mate im looking forward to selling the ute to, put the 4sale stickers on it today, now just waiting for my new door trims on wednesday and shes ready to advertise, believe me its a reluctant sale but with the family expanding its the best move cause my lady enjoys her cruising too so the baby will have no choice hahaha
i think i will use Aarons buisness to find and import it for me, ive read nothing but good things from previous customers plus i like the thought of his one stop shop, that suit me cause im lazy and has everything ill need plus more lol!
as far as being able to meet up, i work away so being here for anything sucks but ill keep my eye out and if im here im there!!

Gonz.

Aristoman wrote:
Hey Gonz, if you can hold out i should be organising another meetup soo as im the one to get things moving over here as shame that my car never does Razz
Would be a good time to meet the people and go for a spin in a Aristo Very Happy

Any particular colour / year you're after at all ?

My sisiter lives in Port Kennedy as i'll PM if you when im up that way mate.

Cheers Jamie

thanks mate, well its defenitly looking like a good group is forming here in the west so im happy with that as my ute club is great so i hope to find the same type of thing in here!
yeh ied be keen on a two tone white/beige 95' or better as long as that colour comes with the grey interior, ied like to keep it looking as clasy as i can and with the right wheel choice i think i could have that, and im realy keen on the performance side of things so ill be working on that once i have the look i want!

yeh shoot me a pm when ya up this way and if im home ill meet up with ya, cheers,

Gonz.

Gday 2J and thommo, yeh i think i will take my chances and have one imported as ill be in no great rush untill it rains as i am a fair weather rider these days haha but we have another car we can use till then so im sure it will be OK!!

Gonz.

IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO ORDERING MY ARISTO, CANT WAIT YALL, CHEERS!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 10 of 58

Jump to: