buying an aristo

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobbzy13@hotmail.com
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: buying an aristo Reply with quote

hey guys im in brisbane and have been readin up on aristos the last 6months or so and have desided to get one in the near future, would just like to ask what the best way to go about it is? i was just goin to buy one already here but talking to a few ppl has got me thinking might be best to import, who are good ppl to go thru when trying to get a car from japan?
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's been a lot of debate about this in various random threads. Basically the short version is that importing constitutes some risk because you're relying on other people to confirm that the car is in good condition. And there's the delay, anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks, until you get the car. Buying local is more expensive for what you get, but you have the car almost straight away. And remember that buying the car local means someone has already gone through the import process and is more than likely looking to make a profit from it.

Rus wrote recently:

Rusty P wrote:
I think the takehome message is that EVERYONE says nice things about their import agent, unless they get burned.

The way to tell a good agent from a bad is to see how many people have been burned, not to go "hey, this guy said some agent was shit, but this other guy who i know and trust better says the agent was fine. ima trust this other guy, cos i know him better n he seems to have not had a problem"

If you're in that situation, you should probably take a step back and think hrmm.. maybe the service you get is nothing to do with you, and purely x% of the people get sidelined for whatever reason, and their shit goes horribly wrong. Do you wan't to risk that? I sure as hell didn't, so I went with a broker i'd heard nothing but the best things about.

I know my agent is heading to Japan in a few days to do a crazy M-F at the biggest auction places in the country and personally inspect and buy cars his customers want. THAT'S the kind of service I want to hear about from my future import agent.

An agent's job is to do everything. Find the car, buy the car, arrange the transport, arrange the papers, arrange the compliance, arrange more transport, arrange customs, arrange everything. If anyone has an agent who fails to do a part of the process, you could take him to the fair trading to get your money back for a service not performed. People don't do that for some reason, and these crappy agents just walk away from it.

Or you buy local :p

also check out this thread:
http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331&start=0
supamerc
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: importing vs buying locally Reply with quote

just remember before you buy at auction in Japan you must nave a RAWS workshop with the necessary endorsement for JZS147 compliance in agreement to comply your car once it arrives in Oz. You will be required to apply for an import approval thru the RAWS workshop and utilise their licence to import the R134A refrigerant in the car's airconditioning. If you do not have this lined up before your car arrives you will be refused entry into OZ.
Buying from a dealer, you will pay more however you get a car all ready to go, complied RWC and a warranty and you will be able to finance your purchase. Financiers will not provide finance for a car u wish to import thats sitting in Japan.

Peter
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: importing vs buying locally Reply with quote

supamerc wrote:
just remember before you buy at auction in Japan you must nave a RAWS workshop with the necessary endorsement for JZS147 compliance in agreement to comply your car once it arrives in Oz. You will be required to apply for an import approval thru the RAWS workshop and utilise their licence to import the R134A refrigerant in the car's airconditioning. If you do not have this lined up before your car arrives you will be refused entry into OZ.
Buying from a dealer, you will pay more however you get a car all ready to go, complied RWC and a warranty and you will be able to finance your purchase. Financiers will not provide finance for a car u wish to import thats sitting in Japan.

Peter

Correct although most people who import the car use an agent to do so, who takes care of all this for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: