What to look for when finding the dream car?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbyder
'Mr. Lemon'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy an aristo with a body kit, get them to jack the car up (if it has adjustable coil-overs), or have them remove the kit and ship it seperately. If no kit, and not dumped roro is the go. Otherwise, i'd be going container for sure!

Ben
RCN Compliance Centre
East Coast Compliance

....Website coming soon....
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Bens talking about Suprised Suprised

4k worth of damage from memory because of a battery & alot of poeple who couldnt be bothered getting it started !

Container for bodykitted Aristo for sure !
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:
Lets just say i had no drama's with his service. Cant speak for other people just my own experience Wink

I think its the same Geoff we're talking about Razz

I agree Rampant next time as has a very good reputation and will go out of his way to helpout bigtime !

At the end of the day aslong as everyones happy thats all that matters, most thing annoyed me was the extra costs that i wasnt informed about Sad

BTW what drama's did you have Nick ?

I found that generally Geoff was less than helpful. Basically, the only thing he did is organise for me to buy the car and send me an e-mail with the contact details for every person I need to contact. I guess he also had previous relationships set up with all these people, which must be worth a few bob.

I needed to contact him when I saw the car I wanted. You would think that since I gave him a list of the exact specifications I wanted, he could contact me when he is posting a matching car on his website. My car waited in Japan for 3 months and I had to call him up constantly to get updates. He never once took it upon himself to contact me. He said he will lend me stock wheels for compliance. When he found out where my compliance was occurring (which is something you would think he should have known already), he reneged on that offer because apparently the workshop doesn't like him.

There are a bunch of other reasons I am not going to go into which make up why I will not be going back there. To be honest, compared to some of the stories I have heard, I was lucky and at least it has turned out OK. I just never felt loved and struggled to find 1k worth of value in him.

BTW, I would appreciate it if this stays within this forum.
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbyder wrote:
If you buy an aristo with a body kit, get them to jack the car up (if it has adjustable coil-overs), or have them remove the kit and ship it seperately. If no kit, and not dumped roro is the go. Otherwise, i'd be going container for sure!

Ben

Speaking of bodykits, how does compliancing work with them? I thought the body would have to be stock?
Not sure if this was answered in another thread, i couldn't find it.
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenmick - how's regan going these days? Razz he did mine as well.

geoff FTL.
Geoff sent me a threatening email with legal stuff thrown in to scare me into deleting a post I made on toymods once.
If you're reading this geoff, i still think you're a fuckin' wanker. Smile
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
greenmick - how's regan going these days? Razz he did mine as well.

geoff FTL.
Geoff sent me a threatening email with legal stuff thrown in to scare me into deleting a post I made on toymods once.
If you're reading this geoff, i still think you're a fuckin' wanker. Smile

I don't think I am using Regan, at least I haven't come across a Regan yet. I am using RAAWS a guy called Nigel. No real worries so far. Except it has been a struggle to get a few components (such as LHR power window regulator assembly). But I have that on the way as of today.

I like people that threaten lawsuits (actually no I don't, but I think they are funny). Do they not realise that then you will just post about the lawsuit, thereby making it even worse.
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, are you referring to Regan Whitby from Distinctive?

That's where my girl was born......
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greennick - my apologies.. i figured you were getting it complied in perth. Didn't realise you were going thru QLD.

vearingj - that's who im talking about yeah. him and geoff have bad vibes. Given the low number of compliance places in perth, i figured greennick was talking about the same guy too :p
how do you like regan?
Scarcmi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers fellas, that is bolloks how damaged your car was when i showed up, is that sort of thing insured? im quite sure is will be using a container now and if i can i will be the one taking it out of the "can" for sure
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
greennick - my apologies.. i figured you were getting it complied in perth. Didn't realise you were going thru QLD.

vearingj - that's who im talking about yeah. him and geoff have bad vibes. Given the low number of compliance places in perth, i figured greennick was talking about the same guy too :p
how do you like regan?

Nope, I am getting it done in Perth (happening at C-Red). He wanted to send it through Qld, but I was a bit uncomfortable with that. I imagine this will be the last time he uses RAAWS, considering his dislike for the workshop RAAWS uses to do the compliance work and take the non-stock items off.

In regards to Scarmi's comments about insurance, it is pretty much impossible to get insurance for damage done in transit. You can only get total loss insurance typically. Although, you would think you must be able to get insurance if it is in a container.
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? but C-Red don't have compliance plates for the aristo...

Unless... they owned by RAAWS or something?
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
? but C-Red don't have compliance plates for the aristo...

Unless... they owned by RAAWS or something?

Sorry for the confusion, this should clear it up:

C-Red is returning it to stock. RAAWS is doing the compliance. I am taking it over the pits myself. C-Red is putting the mods back on.

Cheers,
Nick
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greennick wrote:
I found that generally Geoff was less than helpful. Basically, the only thing he did is organise for me to buy the car and send me an e-mail with the contact details for every person I need to contact. I guess he also had previous relationships set up with all these people, which must be worth a few bob.

I needed to contact him when I saw the car I wanted. You would think that since I gave him a list of the exact specifications I wanted, he could contact me when he is posting a matching car on his website. My car waited in Japan for 3 months and I had to call him up constantly to get updates. He never once took it upon himself to contact me. He said he will lend me stock wheels for compliance. When he found out where my compliance was occurring (which is something you would think he should have known already), he reneged on that offer because apparently the workshop doesn't like him.

There are a bunch of other reasons I am not going to go into which make up why I will not be going back there. To be honest, compared to some of the stories I have heard, I was lucky and at least it has turned out OK. I just never felt loved and struggled to find 1k worth of value in him.

BTW, I would appreciate it if this stays within this forum.

Didnt mind myself doing abit of the work as got myself involved in the process and i learnt alot in organising a few things. I found the complier arranged most stuff compared to Geoff in anycase as thats who i mostly dealt with believe it or not i prefered it that way instead of going thru Geoff everytime if there was a drama etc,etc.

Found a few cars that i didnt really suit my needs as found the one myself in the end & im happy enough with it.

Hehe...mine waited late December to leave Japan as purchased it in late Sept. as had few dramas with de-rego as Jap owner had only just put 1 yr on the car & had a few delays there.Missed the boat because of that would of had the car to me by Chrissie time but waited until mid-Feb before i recieved the car which i wasnt to fussed with so allup around 5 months for me which in that time saved alot of money and started tracking down parts for the car.

Regan from Distinctive hate each other with a passion hence why myself got reccomended to Bruce at RAWS in QLD as knew of this before i purchased the car as Geoff kind of dodged the question why dont get the car complied here in WA ? I knew the real reason of which i wasnt to fussed. As you can prolly tell im a fairly laidback character as have no qualms with Geoff at all as he did the right thing by me during the process.

One of the reasons why i want the forums hidden in the 1st place is to keep all the un-registered users browsing all the threads without being signed up.

Like fight club 'what happens in Aristo club stays in Aristo club' Cool

Quote:
If you're reading this geoff, i still think you're a fuckin' wanker.

Tell us what you really think Rusty LOL
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greennick wrote:

C-Red is returning it to stock. RAAWS is doing the compliance. I am taking it over the pits myself. C-Red is putting the mods back on.

Cheers,
Nick

Ahhh makes sense now Nick, cheers!
Yeah, you could do that stuff yourself if you wanted to save some dollaroos? Depends on how much needs to get done I guess. I'm a big fan of C-Red though so nice choice with the workshop!! Smile hahaha

I guess Geoff's beef with the people here means he tries to get you guys to get compliance done in Qld. The benefit of doing it here means all the returning-to-stock and borrowing-of-parts for rego check were done at the same time for me. I picked it up from compliance ready to go, took it to rego, cleared, straight back to the compliance shop where they put all my stuff back on, then i'm outta there. Easyy Smile

Aristoman wrote:

Tell us what you really think Rusty

Could i get any more obvious? :p LOL.

Before i chose who to go through I went to visit in person a few of the fellas running a few of the import places. This isn't exactly common practice as a lot of places they prefer to have no face to face communication at all. But me being me, i prefer not to give anyone $1k to be my agent unless i know who im gonna get first.. anyway, the point is, Geoff from prestige was quite possibly the most dickhead of them all. He was just downright rude. Made it clear he didn't give a rats ass about my business and strode around like he was gods gift to importing. From there i decided i wasn't exactly a fan, and i would definately be taking my business elsewhere.
And that's before i heard about the cars prestige imported being cubed cos they weren't good enough to pass rego in aus. importing financial writeoffs? yeah no thanks. Not worth the risk. :p
I took my business elsewhere, and havn't regretted it at all.

And that's my story :p I may even be able to find that email he sent me somewhere... I love it how some people automatically assume that everyone who posts on car forums MUST be a dumbass who hasn't had legal training at all. Rolling Eyes
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty, I had very little to do with Regan but I was very happy with the transaction. A little bit of background though, I went up there to look at his cars as I'd never seen one in the flesh and ended up buying one with an engine miss (low compression on numbers 4 and 6). This was all out in the open and I paid a much lower price as you can imagine. Car was/is complied but needs an immobiliser which I am now about 75% through (putting alarm in at the same time).

Why buy one with issues ?, well it was the right colour (Silver), it was a '93 model (no back bumper bulge, hate that look), it had a grey interior (not a fan of the brown one), it was here in WA (no waiting) and it was immaculately presented. I don't need to drive it right now as it is my new toy, so I can spend as much time as I need fixing/replacing the engine.

Regan was openly apposed to importing the cars yourself as he runs more of a yard than an import facility. He complies them himself and I believe he was the first in WA to be able to do that.

Each to their own.

Jay (nearly ready for rego)
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe....no probs Rusty as i went yeah here's 1k and that was good enough for me Razz

Jay: sounds like you got a real cheap one thru him if he was happy to give it away as suprised he'd a brought one thru that had a dodgey engine to begin with but sounds like his loss and your gain champ.

Any luck tracking down a spare Aristo engine with ancillaries at all ?
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, you brought that one??

Ahhhh yeah i was checking it over earlier.. sat in it once too :p
He wasn't too happy it had a miss, but he priced it accordingly, and for the condition of the rest of it, it was definately a bargain !!
Nice pickup Wink

Good luck with picking up the replacement 2JZ for it too!
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No progress on fixing the engine just yet, the house build and the weather still have me in their grips.

I was thinking of starting a thread to see what the opinions of the rest of the users are as to what the issue could be. Sort of a "this is the compression numbers, now what?" kind of thing. I'm still in 2 minds as to whether I should rip the head off for a look (fingers crossed its burnt valves or head gasket), or just source a good 2JZ and swap it out. I have the money there to do it but not the time at the moment.

The most suprising thing is how well it still runs, not that it's giving any decent power though. I'm still very happy with the buy as I want to tinker with this girl for a long time yet, and with the engine issue I'll be learning a lot along the way.

Jay.
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, now I remember Regan.

I am borrowing (actually "renting") his spare suspension. The compliance place had originally been using JZX100 suspension with spacers as the stock rears for the Aristo. But now the compliance sheet says it must be stock as a rock, not stockish.

He said he would lend it to me for free if I didn't get the car through Geoff. Haha, I believe he actually referred to him as "that parasite".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: