check out the offset on these ...wheels..!!!

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: check out the offset on these ...wheels..!!! Reply with quote

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n108343611

came across these blokes. and want your thoughts...? not the sharpest tool in the shed with offsets for a 147...? but THESE....hell harry..!! am i right in thinking these MAY need guard work to fit..?
and could / would big brakes fit behind these suckers....?

or are they what dreams are made of in regard to the near perfect fitment on a 147..?
your thoughts........PLEASE..! nick Smiley
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think 18s are tooooo small for a jzs147 but each to their own their very similar design of the ssr im selling
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.! got to remember "OG" i am an old fart bloke....! and have had 20s on my cars , and did not like them at ALL..!! max...i suppose i could live with now is 19,s . so happy with 18,s with slightly more tyre wall than 20,s..! Very Happy
but....do agree. 18,s do look a tab on the small side on a 147.... Wink
LewyTheFly
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These would fit nice on an Aristo

I would prefer them in 19's tho as I reckon 18's look just a touch small

Depending on how high your car sits you would need to minimum roll the guards and stretch tyres to get them to fit. Probably looking at 215 or 225 tires unless you get the guards pumped out a bit more which means you'll damage paint!

One other thing to be careful of is clearance on the front brake calipers, not sure but they may come close depending on what disk they are
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewyTheFly wrote:
These would fit nice on an Aristo

I would prefer them in 19's tho as I reckon 18's look just a touch small

Depending on how high your car sits you would need to minimum roll the guards and stretch tyres to get them to fit. Probably looking at 215 or 225 tires unless you get the guards pumped out a bit more which means you'll damage paint!

One other thing to be careful of is clearance on the front brake calipers, not sure but they may come close depending on what disk they are

I'm not sure if nick is the kind of bloke that wants his wheels to sit 25 odd mm outside of where the factory rear guards are. These wheels would be pretty aggressive fitment on the rear Nick and would be poking out on the front as well, prob about 10odd mm.

Then as lewythefly said, front caliper clearance to your big supra 4pots will prob be an issue as well. I cant really tell but that pic with the "18x9 J 19" on it which would be the front pair, doesn't look to have a lot of room from the hub mounting face to the back of the "disc" hard to really tell from that pic though.
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed ...mate... Sad i have pumped my rear fenders anyway so NO biggie there....but..

i did have a set of "fabulous" rims on my car way back when...similar type of wheel . and no fkn way could
you put the fronts OVER ...big brakes.... Mad Sad

i would assume....the same problem with these...? ..........................PITY... Sad Nervous
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just run spacers Very Happy
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:

And then have to pump out the front guards..
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Chappo"]
OGAristo wrote:

And then have to pump out the front guards.......................................................... A LOT...!!!! Nervous

it just will not work with these rims blokes....evan brand new rims like this you can buy in japan all say................LOW DISC..... Sad Sad oohhh well shit happens...!
they are there if any member wants them anyway...good luck. nick Smile
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah basically if there is enough spoke clearance for the brakes then the fronts will fit beautifully on an Aristo. Mine are basically the same sorta size on front. If you need to spacer them to get them to clear your brakes then you will need some minor guard work to get em to fit.

The rears ... I think are a bad size. They are too skinny to be sticking so far out the guard. You would need stretched tyres and a good pull/roll of the rear guards, and even then they probably arn't going to fit brilliant without some camber dialled in.

For reference:
Front 18 x 9 +19:
in: 133mm
out: 95mm

Rear 18 x 9 -7:
in: 107mm
out: 121mm

Measurements are from the hub face in/out to the edge of rim. Basically I use these as a guide to how they will sit. So the 'In' measurements are fine. Plenty of room before they hit anything on the inside (you need more like 150+ on front and 180+ on rear to run into room problems). The 'out' measurements are how far they will stick out the guards from the hub. Going outwards, F or R up to about 100 are fine, beyond that you will need stretched tyres maybe out to 120 or so. Beyond that you start needing serious guard work. There's a touch more room on rears than fronts, but it's more on the 'inside' that there's more room before you run into clearance issues.

So yeah.. these rims.. will sit fine up front except if you need spacers, then you will need stretch to fit, and rears you'll needa stretch for sure, or seriously pump your rear guards, or both. Smile
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks rusty... Smile i am going to put these in the "too hard" ...basket fella..... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: