where to hide all my stuff. where did you hide yours?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillysparks77 wrote:
i would find it a little difficult checking boost levels whilst driving looking down at the ash tray......

not at all...only a gauge...try lookin at an safc readout whilst on boost!! Very Happy thats slightly harder!! but its got peak recall, so all gud!!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenztt wrote:
hey all. i found a boost gauge small enough to fit neatly inside the ashtray only visible when ashtray is open.
but ive hit a snag with running the vac line into the cabin. ive tried attaching to a coathanger and feeding through the plug where the main loom runs, and it goes in a fair way but no amount of manouvering gets it far enough in for me to see/grab it. im a bit concerned about bashing around blindly in there ive had to chase bad connections behind a dash before and its no fun.
ive also tried feeding it through the passage in the passenger guard with the same issue. so whats the trick guys? need to get the plug for a boost control siolinoide through somehow also. i was under the impression you could easily see and grab the coathanger with the glove box removed. looks like i might have to partly remove some of the stuff behind the glove box. dam jap hands is what i need:rant:

keep pushing on, youll eventually get it!! remove the glovebox, unfortunately, theres so much crap there, it doesnt help too much, but still better than it being there!! i'd use a electronic sender type gauge, chances of the line gettin pinched are quiet high with the movement of the ashtray!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Gillysparks77
'Big Daddy'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mechanical boost gauge probably wouldn't have a peak boost memory and no warning light, so if your not monitoring the boost from time to time you wouldn't notice a boost spike. Imo
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to unbolt the bulkhead rubber boot and thread the lines thru that first then try pushing the lines the rest of the way. Otherwise you will be there all week and butcher the boot.

Mechanical/non recall boost gauge needs to be mounted at eye level to be of any use. I put mine on the dash between the bluster and b-pillar. Can't see it from the side or front but easy for me to monitor.
karlcho88
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got both a SAFC and AVCR boost controller in glovebox. Is it possibly to buy a electrical connector so I could have 2 mounting locations, just unplug from dash and mount to the dash for example?
Anyone done similar?
I'm thinking of havinga temporary mounting point infront of the lower half of the stock sterio.
Sentry
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single DIN stereo and a single DIN dual gauge plate, used the factory dash plate. AEM truboost and Innovate MTX-L wideband.

350whp 320ftlbs - Mines ECU, ARC airbox, catback, GReddy intercooler, 16 psi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: