boot struts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edds147risty
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: boot struts Reply with quote

has any 1 ever changed over there boot struts? whats the trick to un hooking the back bit of both boot struts?
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a trick. Just need the right sized spanner..
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah just undo them then replace with new units pretty easy like the fronts
edds147risty
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: not that ezy Reply with quote

yer its not like the front that was ezy.. on the back i undid the one bolt in the boot but its not that ezy its hooked in and has a plactic cap im not sure if is needed again. do u just battle the hooks and slide it off?
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to move the strut around until you are able to remove it off the hook. Suggest you would need to lower it and then disconnect.
edds147risty
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

thanks mate yep a little jiggle got it just thaugt ide ask cos didnt wana break anything shutting it un bolted, but was ezy.... to bad they dont make my boot POP OPEN like the dude i got them off told me...ahh well
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cheers Reply with quote

edds147risty wrote:
thanks mate yep a little jiggle got it just thaugt ide ask cos didnt wana break anything shutting it un bolted, but was ezy.... to bad they dont make my boot POP OPEN like the dude i got them off told me...ahh well

did you get brand newies or second hand?
edds147risty
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: brand new Reply with quote

got all boot n bonnet struts brand new (strongarm) was the brand..... but no pop action on the boot i can nealy hang off my bonnet tho before it pulls down haha
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: brand new Reply with quote

edds147risty wrote:
got all boot n bonnet struts brand new (strongarm) was the brand..... but no pop action on the boot i can nealy hang off my bonnet tho before it pulls down haha

hmmmm weird i cant really comment when i pop my boot it opens but i gotta lift it open after all you have to think about it the boots are preetty heavy so maybe thats why no pop action but my bonnet on the other hand pops open quick smart but the gas struts are set up different there
BR@D
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: brand new Reply with quote

edds147risty wrote:

Where did you get the new struts from in Adelaide? I need to look into this as both my boot and bonnet struts are rooted.
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is any help here for new members guys.....? called into (STRUTS R US ) in my area the other day
being my bonnet has decided to ...."DROP" ...on me when i am not looking... Nervous Nervous

took 5 mins......$88....and drove out...!! Very Happy they done the boot ones years ago...and still spot on !

need to climb on the bonnet now to bring it down.....!!!! LOL nick . Wink
silversleeper
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Nick. Got my bonnet struts replaced by ones from struts r us. It's like doing lat pull downs at the gym to get the bonnet down lol
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edds147risty well I "CAN" comment on the the Strongarm struts because Those struts you got off a SA ARISTO member was from one of our Group Buysin our club and I Made sure all struts were tight and stiff to move before sending them out.....so they should be Good to go They will defs lift the aristo heavy boot lid no worries My car is living proof. Razz

They are piss easy to install However I did noticed that on my boot ones after installation it took 2 to 3 even 4 full Up and down movements to get the gas to Work and now They lift everytime perfect as maybe try that!!!........Smile Bonnet Ones Dont lift straight away because of the angle the strut sits on but they do lift quite well and hard to put down. Smile

here are the links again I have these installed in my car and I was very impressed I have a video if anyones interested to see my boot going up by itself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/StrongArm-4382L-4382R-L-R-2-Rear-Trunk-Gas-Lift-Supports-Boot-Lid-Struts-/330817405392?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGS300&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d064101d0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/StrongArm-4381-L-R-2-Front-Hood-Gas-Lift-Supports-Bonnet-Struts-Shocks-/230871235725?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGS300&vxp=mtr&hash=item35c0ff7c8d
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, my boot could do wit new struts, how hard are they really to pull down? I dont want stupid hard, theres no point in that, I just the lid to stay up! If theres enough force, it could potentially bow/bend/crease the boot lid, over time of coure, cheap tho!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELLLLLLLLL.....SOTI....!!!!! Suprised Suprised

they had to get the "blow torch" on my boot ones..!! and heat the suckers up..!!
was told the "japanese bloke" that fitted them had gone mad with the "perma tex" and could NOT get them loose.... Nervous Nervous
if i had in my hands a "swear" jar, on the day.....i would be worth a futune....now..!! Dunno

and they can "never " be stupid hard mate....cause the size of the tubes that hold gas..!! (only small ) Very Happy
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
Mmmm, my boot could do wit new struts, how hard are they really to pull down? I dont want stupid hard, theres no point in that, I just the lid to stay up! If theres enough force, it could potentially bow/bend/crease the boot lid, over time of coure, cheap tho!
here is the link to the video i took Imageshack rotated the view vertical unfotunately tho. but ya get the picture they work sweet.....take into account also in this video the front of the car is Jacked up Quite High

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/4suztukogklpkawzpeviwz.mp4/

These wont bend,crease or bow ya boot need a serious amount of force to do that not to mention they are on hinges............However you may have something there with the Bonnet I could see that doing this over time if you were not generally gentle when closing it, Since its a longer thinner panel than the boot lid
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, thats right, i forgot the boot struts run on the hinges!!! thats a pretty gud vid! wouldnt mind new struts, $50 odd posted...may do it!! my bonnets pretty gud, just the boot pretty weak!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
ahhh, thats right, i forgot the boot struts run on the hinges!!! thats a pretty gud vid! wouldnt mind new struts, $50 odd posted...may do it!! my bonnets pretty gud, just the boot pretty weak!
Im thinking chuckin in some incar media in the boot so when it pops the lid opens all by itself and shows off the goodies maybe a monitor mounted in the boot lid Lining. Smile
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboMoehican wrote:
Woggin wrote:
Im thinking chuckin in some incar media in the boot so when it pops the lid opens all by itself and shows off the goodies maybe a monitor mounted in the boot lid Lining. Smile

welcome to 2008...... hahaha
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lachlan_vlt wrote:
TurboMoehican wrote:
Woggin wrote:

welcome to 2008...... hahaha
Well you know us Backwards Hic SA Radelaidens, can't keep up with you trend setting Queenslanders Razz Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: