Who has delt with "Driftmotion"? how was the exper

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Who has delt with "Driftmotion"? how was the exper Reply with quote

Has anyone had much to do with driftmotion? Can tell me of experience dealing with them? ie; do they ship fast... Is shipping expensive?.... Problems you had if any?
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping is very expensive.

When ever I ordered through them I would use a freight forwarding company.
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you name a few Chappo? and is that hard to organize?
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shipito.com (who I use but you need to send them some ID)
priceusa.com

There's quite a few more if you google.
Cerium
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered $400 odd worth of parts from them. After many calls and emails and being given every possible excuse I gave up trying to recover my money or the parts and ordered replacements through other dealers. Wasn't worth the time and long distance calls.

Fuck those cunts.
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has delt with "Driftmotion"? how was the e Reply with quote

lachlan_vlt wrote:
Has anyone had much to do with driftmotion? Can tell me of experience dealing with them? ie; do they ship fast... Is shipping expensive?.... Problems you had if any?

What parts are you after?
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive used them many times never a issue and never a problem. Just what happens sometimes when you deal with Yanks I mean Ive had Reputable company like Mvpmotorsport totally fuck me over left, right, and sideways But ive learnt to use the Shipito.com frieght forwarding for everything in USA including buying stuff on the USA poopra Forums.

I dunno whether they think that im a Yank cause the mailing address is in USA so then they give me less Grief I dunno. But yeah as Chappo Said........Pricey, and yeah Best with freight forwarding....Smile
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboMoehican wrote:
I dunno whether they think that im a Yank cause the mailing address is in USA so then they give me less Grief I dunno. But yeah as Chappo Said........Pricey, and yeah Best with freight forwarding....Smile

What got me was the yanks and the need to send it to a "verified" paypal address. There is zero way for any one outside of the good ole 'Merica to get one..
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has delt with "Driftmotion"? how was the e Reply with quote

ems3s wrote:
lachlan_vlt wrote:

What parts are you after?

Cams, valve springs, cam gears and a few other service type parts required when doing that stuff... Ive asked them to quote me price ect; still just assessing options for purchasing this stuff...
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chappo wrote:

What got me was the yanks and the need to send it to a "verified" paypal address. There is zero way for any one outside of the good ole 'Merica to get one..

Still bashing up against that blockade?
Ahh the glory of signing up for paypal when it was possible.. no idea why it no longer works for Aussies..

Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
Still bashing up against that blockade?
Ahh the glory of signing up for paypal when it was possible.. no idea why it no longer works for Aussies..

That's completely different Russell. You may have a verified account but you need a verified or confirmed address for some of them to be happy.

In the US and Canada they can use a credit card to confirm the address that is signed up with it. There is no such thing for aussies.
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where it would say that then.. everywhere I click it says it's fully Verified.. :/

Edit: Nevermind. I read into it. Apparently the whole mailing you something then you put in the code on the website thing doesn't verify your address, just your account. ??
Because of this, australian paypal accounts don't list address confirmation anywhere, and don't tell you whether they are or are not confirmed, but it's impossible to confirm so for all purposes you have an "Unconfirmed Address" in their eyes. Seems ridiculous that they can mail you something to the address, you put in the code, and it's still not a "confirmed" address.
Apparently the *old* address confirmation system was based on the above ^^. The new 'address confirmation' thing is based on the (confirmed) credit card being billed to the same address as the item being sent. This is thus contingent on the banks/etc in Aus telling paypal where they bill you, something that is apparently against our privacy laws or whatever. (Plus some other crap about an AVS system?). But all in all, it apparently can't be done. Paypal needs to fix their shit really. No reason why they can't mail you something, you put in the code and have that be confirmation enough.
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Shipito.com address is in my paypal addresses and verified So I just use that when shipping in USA and swap back to Aussie when here never had a issue with Shipito.com yet and im not Verified ID wise on their Shipito site and they still send me packages all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: