Front grille? Also first time poster

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Front grille? Also first time poster Reply with quote

Hey guys first time poster here. Bought a black 93 jzs147 a week ago. Upgraded from my na jza80. Very happy with the aristo! Name is Taylor.

Okay I'm looking at changing my grille. I want to know if the gs300 grilles are the same fitment as the jzs147. I'm leaning towards this one if fitment will be fine.

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x261902945&thumb=http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/f38batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/3/2/8/6/sakurasaku_parts-thumb-1328692166474534.jpg&title=16%2016%20GS300

Thanks,
Taylor.
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll look for a grille with thinner vertical lines but yeah I'd still like to know if the gs300 grilles fit the jzs147
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Grille the Lexus badged One I took a Series one Grille Removed the Horizontal fins and then filed, sanded, primed, and Painted with a Clear coat took few hours plus drying time

JZS161, jzs160 gs300 grilles on ebay dont Fit!!!! only jzs147 grilles fit because of bonnet locking mechanism and I also believe the size is different.
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one

yes junction produce sell em
jaddux
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"TAYLOR"......the grill you posted up fella........is for a ..(160/161 GS300 !! ) it WILL NOT fit into a 147..!!

carefull bloke...a lot of "jap yahoo" auctions will say "gs300 lexus"....but will not define WHAT MODEL.. Nervous
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaddux wrote:
taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!

Haha that's creepy. I'm in love with my aristo now. Did a full detail, Wash > Clay bar > Polish > Wax.
Just purchased tein flex coilovers too, can't wait! It looks mint after the detail.

Nick, thanks for the advice.

OGAristo, I've messaged junction produce australia about a grille. Thanks for the source Razz
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
jaddux wrote:

Haha that's creepy. I'm in love with my aristo now. Did a full detail, Wash > Clay bar > Polish > Wax.
Just purchased tein flex coilovers too, can't wait! It looks mint after the detail.

OGAristo, I've messaged junction produce australia about a grille. Thanks for the source Razz

PHOTOS Razz
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhetto wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
jaddux wrote:

PHOTOS Razz

I'll have photos up in a weeks time or so. I usually steal my mothers camera to take photos haha. After using the setup she has, I don't settle for less Razz

Warning though, the wheels aren't so hot. Type of wheels you'd find on a commodore.
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
Warning though, the wheels aren't so hot. Type of wheels you'd find on a commodore.

u better change that shit up, we dont do commodore spec here! Smile

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

u better change that shit up, we dont do commodore spec here! Smile

Haha yeah I'm working on it. What I'm looking at should be real nice. Just have to save now. Working weekends it is!
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

Didn't get a response from junction produce australia on facebook. Tried the japanese website, it's 404'd?
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry I haven't put up any photos! 3 days after having the aristo a coolant hose under the intake man split, I replaced it and many other hoses I could get to with silicone ones. Had a mate helping me putting everything back on, and when it came to the iacv he put the check valve the wrong way around and ended up squashing it flat. Now it won't hold idle, so I now have to wait 3 weeks to get a new check valve from toyota japan Sad.

Anyway, I'm STILL looking for a front grille. Im after one pretty much identical to either one of these. Anyone know?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8127/99jparistojzs147front2.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9549/grille1l.jpg
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.

ok this is iffy but the junction produce site has upgraded/closed down il explain:

the usa website i can no longer find/google search like before and the jap site its totally redone and not the same as the last time i was there but i found a reseller that does sell em here you go bro:

http://autostyle-usa.com/?pkey=item_info&i_code=JPD11211150001&car_url=jzs147
karlcho88
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone clarify which grill is on my car... Its different to the usual ones with the chrome ring around it.
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlcho88 wrote:
Can someone clarify which grill is on my car... Its different to the usual ones with the chrome ring around it.

Stock standard..
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

Thanks, Taylor.

ok this is iffy but the junction produce site has upgraded/closed down il explain:

the usa website i can no longer find/google search like before and the jap site its totally redone and not the same as the last time i was there but i found a reseller that does sell em here you go bro:

The connection to their site is timing out. I'll try in the morning, thanks though! You're a legend
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:

Thanks, Taylor.

The connection to their site is timing out. I'll try in the morning, thanks though! You're a legend

Yeah i tried again and its working for me try it again Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: