EBC Q?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanok
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: EBC Q? Reply with quote

Hey guys, my mate just gave me a Greedy Spec 2 EBC ( Eeek Dance ) and i was just curious how EBC's work with the 2jz's?

As obviously their are 2 turbos, with a EBC, will that only control 1 turbo? is their a way to make it where i can use the EBC + & - boost pressure on both turbos or is it better on the first turbo?

Its has intructions that came with it, which is easier enought to install, i just just wondering would i just buy a Manual T boost for the second turbo?
'
Aslo where is the easier way to thread the line and wires through the fire wall....? Through where the ECU is some where? or is their another place oi can thread this through when i install the EBC. Confused

Hope makes sense.

Hope some can help me out with a bit of info on this.

Cheers heaps. Very Happy
OBX-R TOMCAT Aftermarket Shifter,
Air Intake system + Pod, Blue silicone hosing all round & Saas boost gauge.
18inch HKS racing Chrome rims.
L.E.D day running lights installed which give my ride that extra mean look : Grrrr
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: ebc Reply with quote

I have a profec B as well. I used a MBC to control first turbo and my greddy to control the second/both turbos. This allows overall boost to be controlled electronically through low and high settings. Where you run the wires is up to you and will be dependent on how much wire you have and where you want to install the control unit. There is more info in how to section
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: EBC Q? Reply with quote

Kanok wrote:
Hey guys, my mate just gave me a Greedy Spec 2 EBC ( Eeek Dance ) and i was just curious how EBC's work with the 2jz's?

As obviously their are 2 turbos, with a EBC, will that only control 1 turbo? is their a way to make it where i can use the EBC + & - boost pressure on both turbos or is it better on the first turbo?

Its has intructions that came with it, which is easier enought to install, i just just wondering would i just buy a Manual T boost for the second turbo?
'
Aslo where is the easier way to thread the line and wires through the fire wall....? Through where the ECU is some where? or is their another place oi can thread this through when i install the EBC. Confused

Hope makes sense.

Hope some can help me out with a bit of info on this.

Cheers heaps. Very Happy
if ya really need a hand Kanok Pm me and we can work something out... T-man Smile
Kanok
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey does anybody have a good view of a picture of where i can hook up the vacuum/hose to the second turbo? T Man advised me its towards the front of the engine for the second turbo as the first turbo is at the back.

Just getting ready to install my Greedy EBC Eeek Dance Eeek Dance Eeek Dance

Im pretty sure but I just want to be completed 100% sure i am hooking it to the correct one thanks.

Pictures if possible please, i tried googling it but not that detialed. (no pictures)
Plus i tried the "How to" side of things, but all the post has is somebody else telling the guy who wrote it to google it and thats it!!

Hope somebody can help please. Cool Cool
OBX-R TOMCAT Aftermarket Shifter,
Air Intake system + Pod, Blue silicone hosing all round & Saas boost gauge.
18inch HKS racing Chrome rims.
L.E.D day running lights installed which give my ride that extra mean look : Grrrr
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this shows you how to boost the first turbo!!! this shows ya where to put ya little Boost tee valve for starters- DONT hook ya greddy ebc to this bit
http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4048

Okay in this one this is where you connect you greedy ebc

http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=661

Read it throughly and hopefully it will help

;-) Smile Smile Smile Smile
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really understand how the boost acts if you have the ebc for both and tee for the first turbo. Say if you set the ebc to 18psi and the tee to run the first turbo on 12psi, does that mean when the second turbo comes online it will be running at 6psi? The difference between the two boost settings?
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U cant T both in, need 2 seperate boost controllers for both stages, or leave the first turbo to its own devices and increase overall boost, if u run them in parallel, ur still only using 1 boost controller to control the overall pressure.

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what he means is using an EBC to run the 'both' setup (ie. connect it to the second turbo)
Then using a separate simple boost T-piece (ball'n'spring valve or something) to the first turbo.

Regarding the 6psi question, it doesn't work like that. It's not that one is pushing 12psi and the other 6psi, and they add up to 18psi. Once both are online, all the valves are open and they are basically in parallel, so they are both doing the same (ie. half) the work of the combined system. So both are essentially compressing to 18psi, but only on half the air volume each.
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P wrote:
I think what he means is using an EBC to run the 'both' setup (ie. connect it to the second turbo)
Then using a separate simple boost T-piece (ball'n'spring valve or something) to the first turbo.

Regarding the 6psi question, it doesn't work like that. It's not that one is pushing 12psi and the other 6psi, and they add up to 18psi. Once both are online, all the valves are open and they are basically in parallel, so they are both doing the same (ie. half) the work of the combined system. So both are essentially compressing to 18psi, but only on half the air volume each.

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. Ah okay so you only set the ebc in this case to what max psi you want to put through your engine, Say 18. If you run the first turbo on 18psi, when the 2nd comes into play the total will still only be 18psi but each turbo will be on about 9psi?

I really need to study up on how the sequential system works
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means id also have to have a boost gauge so I can see what sort of boost is being ran before the 2nd turbo comes online right? Since the ebc with boost reading will only indicate what the boost is once the 2nd turbo comes into play?
stott69
'Flying Kiwi 147'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will depend on what ebc your using and how you end up running it. I run a Gizzmo which has its own presure line off the manifold to the cabin mounted unit, then has the solinoid plumbed in to the wastegate line. Im not sure if other units also do this.
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stott69 wrote:
That will depend on what ebc your using and how you end up running it. I run a Gizzmo which has its own presure line off the manifold to the cabin mounted unit, then has the solinoid plumbed in to the wastegate line. Im not sure if other units also do this.

Ah right, I was looking at a turbosmart 1/4 din one. I think it has the same, thanks Smile
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your money and buy 2 turbosmart boost tees and a quality boost gauge.

No need for an ebc on the stock twins, it won't work any better than good old boost tees. A closed loop ebc has its advantages on a conventional turbo setup but it will only work against the seq system and not add any faster spool or such.
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id actually go for the turbotech mbcs, ive got 4 that ive used, love them, was able to run solid boost, wit no spikes in both my starlet and risto. 2x for the risto, one for each stage, 16.5n both psi stages, ur just payn for name wit turbosmart, imo....am using a gfb g-force in the starlet atm, great lil unit, ive got a blitz spec s in the barge but it aint connected yet, so cant comment on it....but def go for the turbotech id say

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ems3s wrote:
Save your money and buy 2 turbosmart boost tees and a quality boost gauge.

No need for an ebc on the stock twins, it won't work any better than good old boost tees. A closed loop ebc has its advantages on a conventional turbo setup but it will only work against the seq system and not add any faster spool or such.

Oh great that saves me a lot of money. Thanks for that Smile. Love these forums. Id be lost without them
prolancaster
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
Id actually go for the turbotech mbcs, ive got 4 that ive used, love them, was able to run solid boost, wit no spikes in both my starlet and risto. 2x for the risto, one for each stage, 16.5n both psi stages, ur just payn for name wit turbosmart, imo....am using a gfb g-force in the starlet atm, great lil unit, ive got a blitz spec s in the barge but it aint connected yet, so cant comment on it....but def go for the turbotech id say

Ah yep I heard people talking up the turbotech. I had already bought a turbosmart mbc before you posted this so I guess I'll just get another. Oh well haha. If I have any problems with them ill be sure to send them back and get turbotechs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: