HELP NEEDED IN BRIZZY, BRIZZY FOLK PLEASE READ! stock turbos

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: HELP NEEDED IN BRIZZY, BRIZZY FOLK PLEASE READ! stock turbos Reply with quote

Hey all brisbane folk,

Glenn Munro, head of Munro Racing Turbochargers needs help to complete his Aristo forward intake for his twin intake system.

These intakes are for aristos running twins (ct20s stockies) in their stock locations, high flow or not doesnt matter, as the turbos dont move position! The car needs to be used to mock up the forward intake, not sure how long the car would be needed for, but am sure a couple hours can be spared to help mock it up!

These are the remaining piece of the puzzle to get the high flows really breathing!

So please, if your in Brisbane, or the surrounding area, and are willing to help, please contact Glenn Munro at

munroracingturbo@gmail.com

or for those on fb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Munro-Racing-Turbochargers/191347344228870

Many aristo folk around the world will be very thankful, me especially!

The current prototype is near completion, but help is needed to get fitment and positioning right.

thanks
Sotiri

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
gmhigh flow
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use some help with the dual intakes by some engine bay pictures with the stock airbox. I need to get an idea od air box pisitionin relation to the front turbo. The plan is to make dual intakes for the aristo and having an airbox so it all looks stock but flows 500 hp.
The front intake is very tight so the test piece needs to be close.
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent you a message last night on facebook glen Eeek Dance that was me chatting to ya Thumbs Up
gmhigh flow
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

510ONE wrote:
sent you a message last night on facebook glen Eeek Dance that was me chatting to ya Thumbs Up

Thanks Neil.
That will be very helpfull for me and many aristo owners.
Bg payback coming your way after.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already made a dual intake stock air box that uses two internal 2.5 inch custom spun velocity funnels inside the stock airbox and that way the panel filter is kept too. Wink

The angles are pretty awkward and need almost a S shaped intake to the front turbo. But honestly you would never see it would look stock and stealthy.
gmhigh flow
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboMoehican wrote:
I already made a dual intake stock air box that uses two internal 2.5 inch custom spun velocity funnels inside the stock airbox and that way the panel filter is kept too. Wink

The angles are pretty awkward and need almost a S shaped intake to the front turbo. But honestly you would never see it would look stock and stealthy.

sounds interesting. Any pics?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmhigh flow wrote:
TurboMoehican wrote:

sounds interesting. Any pics?

Little Crude By using a ridiculous amount of sikaflex but its rock solid and has no leaks

Fits up to stock turbos if using a really curvy S style intake on the front turbo as the intake sits a little behind the Front turbo.

The Velocity Stacks are 2.5" in OD custom spun by JNT but given the design they would suck a lot of air and not be a restriction

I made it and gave up on the idea of twin stock air box intakes if anyone wants it they can purchase it for the cost of the custom spun velocity stacks

gmhigh flow
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I have seen those pics but any pictures indtalled?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmhigh flow wrote:
Nice. I have seen those pics but any pictures indtalled?
never installed it fully only mocked it up and measured to see if lower intake would clear which it does very tight though, needs a 90degree or even a 135 degree silicone bend on it to come back to being inline with the stock front turbo. Honestly it would have fit my current setup too but asthetically the pipes going to it on a high mount setup is retarded. Ill ask next time I see a fellow sa aristo guy if they dont mind dropping it in for some photos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: