bad panel repair advice

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: bad panel repair advice Reply with quote

I had someone reverse into my car a while back and got some quotations for various places and selected one which seemed to have good customer service and was also known to Shannons. I picked the car up last week and it was the worst job I have seen in my life.

The colour split between the pearl white and silver was like a wave with silver overrunning into the white section and vice versa in multiple places, they claimed to have plastic welded the bumper however it was still split with the paint cracked. There are large gaps now between the panels where they refitted the bumper. They have informed me that they will need to send the bumper out to be plastic welded as imports have a different plastic. So it seems as if they didn't have the skill to do the job in the first place

I also got some private work done with the front upper section of the front bumper bar getting resprayed. There is massive gaps between the body and bumper now and the split between the colour is very poorly done, looks cracked and uneven.

I took the car back and basically got told they would fix it however would not acknowledge all the defects but just kept saying they would fix it, didn't want to explain to me what they would do to ensure they have noted all the defects down. Even rang the manager and got the same no care attitude and that they don't need to write anything down but they will fix it. The car was in worse condition than when it went in.

I am concerned that all the defects will not get fixed and want to get the repairs independently inspected does anyone know how to go about this?
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say to Shannon's that your not happy with the choice of repairer and it needs to be fix properly or it will have to go somewhere else
Tholakan
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhetto wrote:
Id say to Shannon's that your not happy with the choice of repairer and it needs to be fix properly or it will have to go somewhere else

+1
I had a repair carried out through shannons a few years ago and the shop filled my car with dust and scratched my wheels and did a terrible job of the repairs. i had an assessor come back in to check it out and made them fix it and now that particular workshop is no longer a preferred shannons repairer
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the front bar section was private work as I didn't catch the person that reversed into me that time. The rear bar however was insurance work. I took it back to the shop as I figure I should give them a chance to fix it however there crap customer service and lack to acknowledge the defects and write any of them down has made me lose all confidence in their ability.

I will just tell Shannons I want the repairs assessed and go from there
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Shannon's to advise you what to do,where to take it,just let them know your really happy with Shannon's but the douche bags don't give a shit and da shit job
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: panel Reply with quote

shannons have said to ring them if I am not happy with the repairs, after insisting that with no confidence in the shop I want the repairs assessed by someone who knows exactly what to look for I have a tentative appointment for assessment next week.

Any advice on what to do about the front bar. I don't think shannons will assess this work as it was private work and not insurance work. Will another body shop give me a letter saying it's crap paint?
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Shannons should be able to assess it, even tho it was private, crap work is crap work, that shouldnt bother them! it wont be covered by the claim, but theres no reason y they can assess it, it may even lead to them being removed from their repairers list!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: bad repair Reply with quote

Well the saga continues with the muppets from B and I paint and panel. Called up today to see how my car was tracking and what time I could pick it up tomorrow as they might need it for the whole week. They don't even have the rear bar back and can't give me an ETA on when they will get it back and too bad it's not their problem as it's out of their control. Tried to get the car pulled and taken elsewhere but shannons won't do anything until they assess the repair. Not a happy chappy, needless to say will never take my car to B & I apint and panel in geebung again.
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: bad car panel repair Reply with quote

after some more time on the phone with shannons have managed to get a hire car for the long weekend and finally got an eta on when the car will be fixed. Tuesday arvo next week supposedly, I am very interested to see the workmanship this time. Finally getting some traction
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: panel repair Reply with quote

well the saga continues so instead of picking the car up today as promised again. Apparently they are not happy with the repair (halo around the paint) and are going to have another crack at painting it. At least they noticed their crap job this time. Feels like it will never end. Supposedly tomorrow afternoon it will be ready now, only time will tell
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: panel pics Reply with quote

Thought I would through some pics up. I took a video of the car but unfortunately the car park was dark and it turned out crap Bawling

after pickup the first time
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm, well at least they saw the shitness for themselves this time.

92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
mmmm, well at least they saw the shitness for themselves this time.

Yep they must actually be looking. However when I called them to pick up the car this arvo they were still putting it back together and had to call me back if it would be ready. 4:30 this arvo get a call saying the paint is bad again and needs to be touched up. This makes the 4th time they will have had a go at fixing it ridiculous.
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: panel repair Reply with quote

Forgot to update this thread.

B & I paint and panel had 4 goes at fixing the car and still did a terrible job, the defects included still a terrible noticeable line with cracking/feathering in between the colour change of the two tone, they have cleared over paint sludge, still large gaps in the bodykit and they completely stuffed the boot panelling up, could barley open the boot without it scrubbing on the boot panelling. Plus they have lost most of the boot panel clips. Got no help from the shannons assessor in assessing the private work done so I will have to live with the crap job they did on the front. The assesor was terrible too, didn't look in the boot didn't bring a torch for an underground apartment carpark I offered to take it outside even and he said no don't worry about it. He also didn't inspect anything himself I had to point out all the problems I found. He said most people would be happy with the work done yet agreed with all the defects I found and when I took it to another paint shop they were shocked with the work.
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: panel repair Reply with quote

After I got that quote and went to put something in my boot a few days later I found even more poor workmanship. The boot was put back together by muppets, I am astounded the guys at B & I paint and panel are in business.

SO after finding this and getting in contact with Shannons again I had to go and get another requote to add all these items.
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: panel repair Reply with quote

Then I Finally got some movement out of Shannons after a few more calls. The assessor got back to me and said he had been trying to negotiate on the price of repairs as they were up there, thankfully had spoken to the bump shop and they had told me they would refuse to do the work if Shannons tried to cut money out as they want to do it properly. Shannons agreed with the quote when the shop would personally guarantee the work, in my mind all shops should guarantee their work. This was all authorised after continually calling shannons again and is now in the shop getting re-fixed so fingers crossed it si done well this time.
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope it gets done properly...

92 r32 gtst daily

Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howd you go with this?

92 r32 gtst daily

Captain Black
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is any help, but a painter friend of mine in Gympie used to work at Impact Panel Repairs in Marooka (however you spell that suburb) and he said his boss was one pedantic manager for quality who focuses his work on older Alfa's, Jaguars etc. as a specialty but does all models and makes.

I'm heading there for a quote within the next two weeks, so if you don't have any luck I'm happy to pass on my experience on what they're like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: