Aristo V8 owners

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulofthenauth
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Aristo V8 owners Reply with quote

After years of thinking about it for years I have recently bought a V8iFour. Have been in to imports since 1999 and keep looking for "new" and unusual projects. I have been browsing this forum for a while and can't find much on the V8s or experiences with the AWD system. Anyone out there got one or had one with any comments or experiences you'd like to share??
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frothing!!

that is awesome, super super rare, unfortunately, you will find near as makes no difference NO info on this car on this website, i dont believe there is much info in general on this car...

wat i can gather from my knowledge of toyotas.

air suspension components shared with crown/majesta, a341h gearbox shared with crown/majesta, as are the front driveshafts.

other than that, its pretty much the same as a turbo aristo.

supercharge it! please post some pics too

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz has a blue v8 aristo in Townsville running on 20's
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20s.... Sad

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 20's Smile ,she cool
paulofthenauth
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been trying to track down "Liz" in Townsvile with V8 Aristo - or anyone who has or had a V8 Aristo. Been working through problems and currently stuck on coilovers. Don't know whether JZS coils will fit or can be made to fit. Anyone know? Apparently it has been done but no one has provided any details. Appreciate any thoughts.
Paul
supranut
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I picked up one of these a little while back with no engine, some one had pulled it out to use in something else. What a waste!!!
As for the suspension it looks like the back are the same as the i6 aristo but the front are the problem. They are short and have a fork at the bottom (which bolts on) to allow the drive shaft through so normal shocks will not fit. However my daily at the moment is a altezza gita as300 4wd which has normal struts and the same type of 4wd, when i find some time I will pull a strut out and see if it fits in the aristo as it looks very similar.
I say this because a guy here in new zealand put struts in his altezza 4wd and had to get the front ones custom made to suit. So it is possible not sure what it cost, but there is nothing of the shelf available for either car. So I was thinking to send the altezza strut off if they fit and get the custom strut made from it.
I plan to put the 2jzgte or do a NA-T in it later as I have a I6 4wd sump to use and most of the parts. Some Russains have done it and it does not look that hard, so could be a fun project
paulofthenauth
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice and thanks for that. At least I'm not alone in trying to work this out. The JZS struts definitely fit the rear so I'm working on the fronts. I'll pick myself up a set of front forks from Amayama where they are not too expensive and see if I can find a pair of short front coilovers that I can somehow attach them to. My UZS project is coming along fine but discovering so many parts are unique to this car. I'd like to contact anyone who is parting one out. Also, let me know who you find to do the custom work on your struts as I'm finding it hard to find someone willing to take it on here.
supranut
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out you can see the altezza 4wd struts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-2JZGE-4WD-AWD-Altezza-Gita-Supra-Aristo-JCE10-2JZGTE-IS300-GS300-/321815254260
supranut
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i just replaced the stupid lowered springs in my altezza gita awd now it drives nice and does not bounce across the road. All i could get was good second hand struts. So the other weekend i jacked up the aristo and compared the struts with the altezza ones. It looks to me like they will fit but the top hat needs to be changed to an aristo one (which i have) as the bolt pattern is larger on the aristo. But every thing else measures up correctly. When a get time i will try and fit them in pace of the air bag ones.

Just a bit of research any way which may be of interest.

So a altezza gita awd strut could be used as a template for an after market strut for the aristo.
not sure if that would make it easier for them
supranut
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need any air bag parts i can probably help you out, like solenoids, pump etc may be even struts as i think i have 3 good ones
paulofthenauth
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I think my front struts might be problematic. Despite riding fairly high the front end seems to crash through dips in the road. I'll let you know soon if I need some parts. Just need to work out what I need. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: