Introduction thread - this should be your first post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DD97
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone.
I'm Darby, I'm 18 and I'm from the Mandurah area.
I just graduated high school and I'm looking to go to uni for electrical engineering and currently I'm a sound tech that does live sound Smile Been into cars for a long time but when I got my first car at 14 (Old unregistered HJ47 Landcruiser) I really started getting interested and hopped straight into the DIY side of things and started doing services and maintenance. I just have a general interest in audio, cars, electronics and photography. I was originally in the 4WD scene but got addicted to power and luxury when my mum got a 3.5L Maxima... a stepping stone that lead to the aristo Smile

My current car list is as follows:
1. HJ47 Toyota Landcruiser ute (resto project)
2. Land Rover Series 2A (Paddock basher/mild resto)
3. 1994 Pearl Toyota aristo (FMIC, Exhaust, Tein coilovers, boost controller)
Phil_lip
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome mate! good to see another young fella coming in like myself (21). what are you plans in the future with this beauty?
DD97
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_lip wrote:
welcome mate! good to see another young fella coming in like myself (21). what are you plans in the future with this beauty?

Thanks man Smile
For now, I'm just doing a resto mod I guess. The paintwork is a bit sad so I'll be fixing that up and like a lot of aristos, the back C pillar trim is cracked so I'll be getting some better condition pieces to put in. As for mods, most of the stuff is already there but I'll be putting an LSD in and eventually I'll be doing a full stereo upgrade (Polk or focal) since I've only got a pioneer 12" in the parcel shelf and a monoblock powering that and the rest of the stereo is stock. Maybe some day in future I'll be chasing more power so either steel wheel and hiflowed turbos or a big single Smile
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another perth member, good to see, maybe, just maybe there might be enough aristos running next year that we can do a cruise! (ill be moving back to perth early next year)

To be young again, i remember picking up my aristo when i was 18, youngest member on here i was...that was just over 6 years ago now...wow time flys...

welcome, and i look forward to meeting you sometime next year!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
DD97
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
Another perth member, good to see, maybe, just maybe there might be enough aristos running next year that we can do a cruise! (ill be moving back to perth early next year)

To be young again, i remember picking up my aristo when i was 18, youngest member on here i was...that was just over 6 years ago now...wow time flys...

welcome, and i look forward to meeting you sometime next year!

A Perth Aristo cruise sounds good! And sounds good Smile Will be looking forward to it all!
Gazman
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would appear that Perth is becoming over-populated with Aristo's haha!

Hi i'm Gary and have just bought my first import vehicle being a 1997 Aristo in dark blue. I'm 28 and work as a foreman in a large cabinet making business. I am also pretty hand with computer/laptop repairs and did that for a side job for a few years.

Previous cars for me is a short list:

'05-'14 - 1991 Toyota Corolla GTi hatch. If you are buying a first car and find one of these in good nick I can not say enough good things about them, got me into working on cars and driving for fun. Never broke down in it, ever!

'14-'16 - 1986 Toyota Corolla Twincam. Needed a car to get me through for a couple of years and it did exactly that. $500. Loud as f#%k (headers back exhaust, token muffler) and made bugger all power until about 4000 rpm so it just begged to be revved Smiley

About 12 years ago my high school mate Ash took me for a drive in his modded s13 and since then I have always been into imports but never been placed to buy one. I have 4 kids and a mortgage so you can understand how there have been other priorities!

So long story short I finally purchased the Aristo the other week and REALLY enjoying driving an auto to work and the 2jz power. I do have some work ahead of me however with the car needing it's 200k timing belt service which I will use as an opportunity to do the water pump, cam and crank seals, probably all vacuum lines and hoses and perhaps even the harmonic balancer if that is something long term owners would suggest? I also have a brake booster system that the pump runs on almost constantly and can clearly hear a leak from when pressurised. And finally the coil-overs are not for me (too hard and noisy) so I am going to put the factory items back in place as soon as I get a chance.

Really looking forward to meeting other members and a cruise at some stage or a meet up at the Wednesday drags or something like that would be awesome (I only live 15 mins from the motorplex Razz)

Gaz.

PS. How do you post images? Do I really need to pay for an imageshack subscription because all of my uploads seem to fail and "my trail period has ended" :/
Gazman
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Try this for photos?

http://1drv.ms/1S4rvor
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Gaz, good to see another aristo owner in Perth, my barge will be returning to Perth shortly!

I would recommend going for a smaller wheel over going back to stock suspension, i have coil overs in mine, and it had 19s on it when i bought it, wasnt a very nice ride, i then switched the wheels back over for a set of factory wheels, ride was awesome, with the coilies. that was a 35 profile 245 section tyre. stock suspension is pretty horrid in these with after market wheels (since ur going to increase the ride height with the bigger wheels any ways, it becomes very 4x4), ive driven one, quite scary.

The noise, am assuming is a knock? that will just be swaybar end links, which can be brought new form chassiskingpro i think it is on ebay for 80 the set.

Harmonic balancer wise, if you feel it needs replacing, do it, i've inspected mine periodically (since i am always underneath my car any ways) and its fine, theres no delam occurring and with it running theres no vibration from it

I personally use tinypic.com for my picture uploads, then just grab the img link and drop it in here.

92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Gazman
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the weekend I actually managed to find an ex-owner of the car through a sticker on the back window and the matching facebook page "kaos garage" which is a small private workshop in Mandurah as far as I can work out.

Found out one useful bit of info about the car too which is that the nitrogen canister is only a year old and was purchased as a brand new item so my brake booster problem is getting narrowed down already Smiley

I probably should have said in my last post I have also been thinking about getting some factory supra wheels when the tires on the sebring's have worn out although that will be a while as they are brand new tyres. If that and the swaybar end links don't get the car to ride like a luxury vehicle again then I will pull the coilies out. For now my focus is on the brake booster and then the 200k service.

Long term I am very keen to weaponise the beast in the form of a cat-less down pipe, restrictor ring and full exhaust to start with and progress onto Munro Racing's stage 3 high flow turbos, water-meth injection, safc, fuel pump, FCD, boost controller and either an ARC side mount if they are still around or front mount if it is even required, the water-meth should help a lot with intake charge temps on its own.

Anyhow enough rambling for one night.

Cheers.

Gaz
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news on the brakes!

Am about to sell my Munro Racing Stage 4s mate, give me a call 0405 067 013! selling the full setup, intakes, exhaust!

And, am about to move back to Perth, so can help with the install, have got it down to a couple hours now!

92 r32 gtst daily

Mudgy
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: 93? Aristo Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm Mudgy from the central Coast of NSW.

I don't actually own an Aristo, rather I have some bits I thought I'd share.....

A mate of mine picked up (I believe) a '93 Aristo, to power an older Cressida Grande.

I picked up from him the 2 x front seats (grey) and the harness.
Maybe I should put up pics of the parts in for sale?

Basically the 2 x front seats, and all of the modules (except engine ecu)

I was going to use the seats in a 1937 hot rod, but now my trans tunnel will be wider, I can't use them.
Mudgy
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Mudgy again.. I just want to test if photobucket works here like other places....

here's my OT car.

Kinda lame in the engine department compared to turbo'd 6 cyl rockets... but it's my cup of tea hey.

Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big fan of the old school man, that looks like a big project! def start a thread in the members rides area if u plan on sticking around, there will def be a few of us interested in watching ur progress!

and, welcome to forums!

92 r32 gtst daily

Mudgy
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. If I have some time on the weekend I'll get some photos of the two front seats for you guys.

I'll do something in member's rides if you're interested. Been plugging away for 5 years so far, I can't see it on the road for at least another 5. Oh well, at least the Mrs. knows where I am !!
boosted6
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone Reply with quote

Hello to everyone here at jzs147.

Just registered for i'm getting ready to buy myself a new car, and after a lot of searching i have humbly decided to search, find and buy myself a standard Aristo, 95/96 model.

I live in Melbourne and currently drive a Toyota Prado 4wd, so really looking forward to getting a boosted car again and eventually doing the single turbo conversion once i've owned the car for awhile.

I've joined to get as much information as i need before i dive in, so will be reading many posts before i buy my first Aristo.

Many thanks to the creators of this fourm, looking forward to getting as much knowledge as i can. : )
Fanel
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Hi there from FNQ Reply with quote

Names Nathaniel, 26, Fitter so plenty of tools available to me for mods!

Thought I would join as I am currently in search of an Aristo as a daily/future project car. So thought I would jump on for research and see if I could find any for sale

Currently located in Townsville, QLD.

Current Vehicles I own are:
2008 Lexus IS 250 - Stanced out (hoping will sell soon)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
1979 Ford F100 - Project car.

Previously owned a R32 GTST, 84 VK commodore, bagged Hilux and a brief stint with a JZA80 Supra.
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome mate, plenty of good info round here, so ull be able to get clued up on these bad boys in no time!

92 r32 gtst daily

boosted6
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hi there from FNQ Reply with quote

Fanel wrote:
Names Nathaniel, 26, Fitter so plenty of tools available to me for mods!

Thought I would join as I am currently in search of an Aristo as a daily/future project car. So thought I would jump on for research and see if I could find any for sale

Currently located in Townsville, QLD.

Current Vehicles I own are:
2008 Lexus IS 250 - Stanced out (hoping will sell soon)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
1979 Ford F100 - Project car.

Previously owned a R32 GTST, 84 VK commodore, bagged Hilux and a brief stint with a JZA80 Supra.

All the best mate, just make sure you inspect the car if your buying from interstate, a lot of dishonest people out there.
Good luck and hope you find something great, loving mine at the moment, smooth as.
GS-guy
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, my name's Fred,i'm 34 years old, in the US Army and currently stationed in Germany (being a native german,immigrated to the states, its nothing special for me being back).

I just bought a grandpa-owned 1993 Lexus GS300 to be my daily driver.
Grandpops messed up the GS pretty good, trying to get in and out the garage. Other than that its in a mechanical ok condition, and drives really smooth for such a old car.

Im planning on fixing the car up, and maybe improve the looks of it.
I still have another car that is actually my play and mod toy so that's why im trying to hold off on to many jzs147 mods (we'll see how that ends)
rev0lt
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks.

I'm Trent. I'm in Perth and I've got a '94 Aristo. Been just getting it up to scratch over the past year and accumulating parts for a big single turbo conversion. Love the car. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: