Should i reserve a Plate?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarcmi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Should i reserve a Plate? Reply with quote

Hey all i was wondering if i should buy a plate to make sure i dont miss out??? im new to importing and have heard that from time to time Camberra does not issue plates or puts the price up. What are yuor thoughts?? Cheers
Mike
Jezza
'Mr. No Aristo'

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends where you live. if you do live in canberra, then i dont see why not, because after spending the $ up front. it's like 1.2k for full custom plates or ~400 if you go for something that starts with a Y then 2 more letters, and then 3 #'s. the good thing about it all though is that you dont have any fees in subsequent years Smile so in 3 years, it works out cheaper than NSW for fully customised plates.

but if you live in NSW, you're better off to wait, because you pay fees every year for having custom plates, and imo, no point paying to have a plate that you cant use or own.

not sure about other states tho

seriously thats how they all dance... walk for a bit.. then viking that shit... walk... VIKING... WAAAAALK... VVVVIIIIKKKKIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Kineso

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's talking about compliance plates.
Jezza
'Mr. No Aristo'

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, oops.

i got nfi on that then

seriously thats how they all dance... walk for a bit.. then viking that shit... walk... VIKING... WAAAAALK... VVVVIIIIKKKKIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Ghostwalker
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your talking about compliance i'm pretty sure only the compliancer can arrange a plate for it after he has done all the work then they process his paperwork and if it all checks out they issue the plate.

You should ring someone who does compliancing for the aristo and see what they say.

I dont think you will have any probs, if anything it might get delayed a day or two...
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canberra you will be using a compliance place in another state anyway (I don't think there are any compliance places in Canberra), so if one is out of his allocation of plates (they all get 100, right?), then another will likely have some. There are not THAT many Aristo's around yet are there??
Scarcmi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEHE yeah i was talking about a Compliance plate!! cheers for the info, i just dont want to miss out seeing as im still inscotland and wont be home till July so just making sure if there is bases to be coverd i cover them!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: