Guard Rolling

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greeny
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Guard Rolling Reply with quote

Was just wondering if anyone's seen http://www.nengun.com/nengun/fender-roller and knows if its a decent one? Looking @ getting one since its like $50 a guard to get em rolled. If i get one, and charge people $50 a car, soon pay for itself Smile Assuming its not crap.
SMOKEY
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate of mine has/had one. he bought it under the same pretence, that it would soon pay for itself. he rolled 2 cars and then on the third it failed. but the car was a pig. he was really reefing on it, so i think it is definitely a case of slowly softly, gradually pushing the metal out.

so yeh, be worth getting one if you have a few mates willing to pay for the service.

Lexus paint is pretty good, and will respond to some stretching well - but everything has a limit. i guess, at the end of the day, you got to back yourself to be working on other peoples cars because if you crack the paint, then it could quickly work out more expensive for you in the long run.

if you are just looking to use it to lip gaurds, then thats a snack - go for it!
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ben was looking into getting one and was going to do the same..
but lend it to people out at a cost, so they then do it to their own car and he doesnt have ANY responsibility over it if it causes damage...
it was ordered, and then was on back order, so i think has since said dont worry about it.. and got over it..
was buying it to do his car mainly.
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin is the 1 buying (not the one that just bought an aristo, his brother) so if he ruins any cars, his fault Smile
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - thats why i wouldnt be the one doing the rolling..
i'd lend it to them at a cost (obviously cheaper then what it'd cost to get done) and they can do it themselves..
therefore, you have no responsibility over the damage that is caused if anything happens..
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good plan to me.
2jcya
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a guard roller, be very careful! ESP WITH ARISTOS, the rear guards kink very easily
BMWTurbo
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were $150 or something from repco when I was going to get one... Took the forever and in the end I gave up, and rolled the guards with a hammer/dolly and heat gun...
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one too. Watch out when doing the rear of the Aristo. Where the stock gauard have the screw on black strips it tends to dint in where the holes are on the lips, if that makes sence. The thread tend to be the first thing to fail on the cheep gauard rollers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: