Who here has HID fog lamps?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iNS0MNiAC
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Who here has HID fog lamps? Reply with quote

Just curious who here has upgraded their fogs to HID. Reason I'm asking is because I'm sure you guys know if you want to put HID to your fog lamps you need to make a hole on the rear cap for the bulb wire to come through. My only concern is weatherproofing it. At first on the install it looks great but after time condensation started to build. I just wanted to know if anyone here can post up pics of their setup and what they did to keep air and moisture out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the fallen
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would hot glue or clear silicon work? should seal it nicely, but still be soft enough that if you need to you can pull it out later on.

nice bright spots would look so cool *goes and tinkers with car...*
iNS0MNiAC
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fallen wrote:
would hot glue or clear silicon work? should seal it nicely, but still be soft enough that if you need to you can pull it out later on.

nice bright spots would look so cool *goes and tinkers with car...*

See the thing with that is, what if for some reason you need to change the bulb? then you have to take all that glue/silicone off and redo it again.

But I think I just found a solution. Some kits come with a rubber grommet attached to the wires. As long as you drill the hole in the back the proper size the grommet should just plug it up and easy to pop out if you need to change. Here's an example

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going to suggest a rubber grommet but there you go. you would just have to try and make sure it is a tight fit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: