Introduction thread - this should be your first post!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Name's Jamie, 32 married (5yrs) have little girl (9 months)
Been in the car scene in Perth for a few yrs as started with a stock standard Raven mica 1998 VT SS 195i HBD went ok for a 5L but my calling was to be small 4 door turbo's. Had the addage that all turbo's were shit until i took one for a spin and promptly traded the VT in for 30k and got a 2000 WRX and finally wokeup to the good side of the force.
Got bored of that within 3 months and sold that to a 60 yr old who was having a mid life crisis and purchased one of the worst cars ive ever owned the Nissan Poosar GTi-R Sad Still dont know what i was thinking when i bought one of these but now that i think i prolly wouldnt be where im today Razz Next was my favourite car of all time the Mitsubishi Lancer GSR as loved this car the moment i first laid eyes on it and owned that for over 5 yrs and had alot of good and bad times with the car but overall still one of my fave cars ever. Then 1.5 yrs ago sold that and bought a few properties sold my exsisting house and after getting my act together decided on getting back into the car scene, and bloody glad i did as im very happy with the purchase of my 96 Aristo as best bang for buck car on the market by far.

Enough of my ramblings:

Work at a Print Copy Shop in the heart of Perth for the last 10yrs working on hi-end copies / offset machinery as piece of piss job but has its perks believe you me Wink Was a admin on disbanded Perth Performance Car Club that was sucessful in its own right and loved being involved in that.
Also admin on Galant VR4 forums aswell as loved anything Mitsubishi at the time.

Have two pure bred German Sheperds and are very loyal companions as wouldnt have it any other way....

ps: is that enough info. Aaron Mr. Green

Last freaked with by Aristoman on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 pm; freaked 1 time in total
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im Michael, im 21 yrs old and live in Perth.

my previous cars have been:

1990 vn s pack commodore
1988 R31 skyline sedan with manual rb25det
1990 toyota cressida ( still have this ) 2jz, TD07, microtech etc etc
1983 MQ nissan patrol thrasher awsome bunky for getting to work
2003 BA falcon ute, manual wohoo. purely for work (current car)
1994 Toyota aristo...

at the moment i work as a sub contractor installing balustrading and pool fencing for Balustrading WA

also have a german sheperd hehe

Last freaked with by thommo on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:18 pm; freaked 1 time in total
rob_85
'Mr. Cool'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thommo wrote:
Hi im Michael, im 21 yrs old and live in Perth.

my previous cars have been:

1990 vn s pack commodore
1988 R31 skyline sedan with manual rb25det
1990 toyota cressida ( still have this ) 2jz, TD07, microtech etc etc
1983 MQ nissan patrol thrasher awsome bunky for getting to work
2003 BA falcon ute, manual wohoo. purely for work
1994 Toyota aristo...

at the moment i work as a sub contractor installing balustrading and pool fencing for Balustrading WA

dam you got a good list:p

cept for the vn :p
VIP300
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys i'm Ryan, i'm 23 and reside in sydney, i work part time in the hospitality industry and am a full-time student studying product design.
I've been into modified cars since i was 14 from the "fast & the furious" look to drifting but more recently been into the VIP style scene of tuning. I'm up to my 7th car being the aristo and the best thing i love about this car is it meets luxury VIP with big hp performance.

Previous rides have been:

1. 1996 Mitsubishi Mirage
2. 1989 Toyota Celica
3. 1990 Nissan 180SX
4. 1993 Honda Civic Sedan
5. 1997 Nissan Pulsar Hatch
6. 1993 Lexus ES300
7. 1995 Toyota Aristo

Great to meet you all on the forums!
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My turn now i guess...

I'm Jodie, well - mostly known as Jodes:)
I'm 23 - and work for the Dept. Justice in Brisbane doing IT...
Not something i wanna be doing forever - but pays the bills for now Smile

I have been into cars for some time, and love learning more and more about them...

I run an all girls car club in QLD called 'Drivn by Heels'.. It originally started in perth and has since grown all over Australia... i love it... get to meet some awesome girls who also share a passion within cars! Smile We've been running in QLD for over 2 years now...

Previous cars arent anything to spesh - but i've had:
1st car Mazda 626 '83.. Had this baby for 3 yeears and she copped a flogging but still looked mint.. sold her for more then what i even paid for it in the first place.. score...
then bought a brand new 2002 Nissan Pulsar.. was in this one for about a year until my obession with wanting a Supra got too stong and finally started looking around.. found the one i got and then i had that baby for about 3 years, until i sold her about 3 months ago.. and was then on the look out for an Aristo.. which should be arriving in the Country this weekend... so then it can come to me once complienced Smile Cant wait... i'm going insane not having a car at the moment, and its even worse since i know whats coming! haha

Hopefully will get to meet some of ya'll...

Jodes!
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im Brad, 23 years young, not married and no kids (thank god) but have been living with the gf for the past couple of years.

been into cars for as long as i can remember - which probably stemmed from my old man (i have memories of him doing stupid manuvers while driving me to primary school in his old V8 VB commodore).. i started driving almost 6 years ago but unfortunately still a p plater due to an unfortunate incident in 2004. in this time i've owned a few cars:

- 1988 Mazda Mx6 turbo
- 1994 DC2 Honda Integra VTI-R,
- 1990 SW20 Toyota MR2 GT
- 1994 VTi Honda Civic (still have this shitter, the mrs drives it most of the time)
- 1995 Aristo.

I really want a bulldog or rottweiler but cant get one until the gf's 14 year old, blind, angry mongrel kicks the bucket.. so in the meanwhile i've gotten into keeping fish.. I work full time for the government (department of human services) but desperately trying to win tattslotto to change that =D
Smithius
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

names Matthew

21 years old and im an apprentice fitter and turner from adelaide (aparently the birthplace of drift is aus) my previous list of cars is fairly crap compared to some of you other guys but here it is

1981 Mazda RX7 series 2 (silver with red front bar and manual 12a stocko)
1975 Toyota Corolla KE35 Coupe (was auto, then manual with loud ass exhaust)
1983 Mazda RX7 series 2 (white with decomp s5 13b)

current ride is a 1982 Toyota Corolla KE55 Sedan with webber carby and full exhaust system (for sale for $1600 if anyone interested)

waiting for delivery on my Aristo (should be on the boat today)

Cheers Matthew

ITS FINALLY HERE...

I love boost...
aristo425
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey my name is Sergei. I'm 21, almost 22. Originally from Russia but been living in the US for almost 18 years. Haha ya I know this an Aussie site but I'm in the process (should be done in about 2 weeks maybe less) of bringing in a 1991 Toyota Aristo into the states. I got into cars at 16 and started out with a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix. Actually not that bad of a car. It had some great options for its year. But then I quickly moved up to my Toyota Tundra truck. That was my car before I sold it to try to get a Supra but then the oppertunity for an Aristo came along and I grabbed it. Me and a couple of my friends recently left a car team we helped start up here called Team STFU. Lotta drama I won't bore you with but the guys I'm with now are who I first started showing with. I've always been a huge fan of the Aristo, especially after taking out my moms Lexus GS430. I hope this is cool but I'll post up some thumbnails of my Aristo and a couple of the cars I roll with. Since leaving the team I have 2 really close friends and between the three of us we have an Acura NSX, two Skyline R32s, WRX STi, a Supra, and soon to have the Aristo. Since there are no US based forums for the Aristo really I hope to share ideas with you guys and also frequent the UK aristo forums. Heres some eye candy:

My old Tundra

Friend's cars

Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aristo425 wrote:
Hey my name is Sergei. I'm 21, almost 22. Originally from Russia but been living in the US for almost 18 years. Haha ya I know this an Aussie site but I'm in the process (should be done in about 2 weeks maybe less) of bringing in a 1991 Toyota Aristo into the states. I got into cars at 16 and started out with a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix. Actually not that bad of a car. It had some great options for its year. But then I quickly moved up to my Toyota Tundra truck. That was my car before I sold it to try to get a Supra but then the oppertunity for an Aristo came along and I grabbed it. Me and a couple of my friends recently left a car team we helped start up here called Team STFU. Lotta drama I won't bore you with but the guys I'm with now are who I first started showing with. I've always been a huge fan of the Aristo, especially after taking out my moms Lexus GS430. I hope this is cool but I'll post up some thumbnails of my Aristo and a couple of the cars I roll with. Since leaving the team I have 2 really close friends and between the three of us we have an Acura NSX, two Skyline R32s, WRX STi, a Supra, and soon to have the Aristo. Since there are no US based forums for the Aristo really I hope to share ideas with you guys and also frequent the UK aristo forums. Heres some eye candy:

My old Tundra

Friend's cars

Great to have you on board Sergei Smile Nice car too!
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

My name is Gabor, I'm 27 and recently single. I could make some joke about candle lit dinners, etc, but Rob's already done that Smile

I'm in Perth and I work for an IT outsourcing company called Alphawest.

My history of cars is probably the worst out of anyone on here and includes such "classics" as a 79 Toyota Corona and a 91 Ford Laser. I did own a 73 Toyota Crown in great condition, up until one of the pistons seized Confused

I'm currently in the process of importing an Aristo 3.0V and am really looking forward to it.

What else... I suppose my claim to fame is representing Australia in water polo, although I don't have time to take the sport seriously anymore. Still love watching it and now when I yell at the referees I don't get in trouble Very Happy

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and my new car.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Perth boy ....woohoo !

Any particular year / model Aristo you're looking at Gabor.

Welcome once again.
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate.

I'm looking for a 96 tt model, black, sunroof, leather. Geoff at Prestige is finding one for me, although I didn't get the auction emails this morning... Nervous
It's the only reason I look forward to work in the mornings!
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah rare combo but not impossible as there's a few in the members rides area that have them !

I imported mine thru Geoff with minimal fuss but remember to always add-on another 2-3k then what he quotes you as you get reamed with custom charges and other hidden things.
xscape
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice taste - its supposedly rare but in actual fact it hasnt proved TOO difficult to find (if you wait long enough they'll pop up - just depends on your budget).... as you can see, many members here have gone for late model black with sunroof and leather, myself inclusive..
Dazwaaah
'Mr. 60mm'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heya guys...

Daz here... 24 years young from sunny sth east melb...

previous cars include 1980 toyota corona, '91 SR20det 180sx, then '81 toyota corona and now my aristo... my not so famous claim to fame was loosing my licence 3 hours after i got it... GO TEAM!!! haha

i can see myself going WAAAAY over the top on this car as i bought it stock... always wanted to do something from the ground up.. next project is a sr20 powered corona... OR if i use the aristo as a daily, a twin turbo'd 1uz powered corona wagon... *drools*

looking forward to being an active member of the forum...

Flutter Crew '08
Patch Crew '09
Contiki Crew '10
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forums everyone..
Seems like we're getting together a good lil community!
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazwaaah wrote:
my not so famous claim to fame was loosing my licence 3 hours after i got it... GO TEAM!!! haha

Do tell!
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should probably intro too!

Name is Russell, i'm 21 and this is only my second car! :p
Have been driving a 1989 Celica for the past 5 years - it just keeps going!
I study 5 or 6 days a week, all bloody day, so don't get a lot of time to do any money earning. That's Medicine for ya.
That said, in another few years i'll have money coming outta ma ears to spend on cars, so I will catch up =p

When i heard Aristo's landed on the SEVS list I was sold, and started saving money since. Started import process around november and struggled to find one I really wanted. Ended up buying around mid December, but didn't take delivery til mid Feb (I'm not even going to start on the Customs people.)
Took another 2 weeks to get it on the road after fiddling with stuff and getting it complied, then she was mine Smile

The compliance guys got a 1994 date from the brake lines or something, but it was supposed to be a 1995, and when looking through some sales brochure stuff i found ex-japan, the options list I got weren't available til 95, so I'm not sure exactly what year it is! :p
But it's Black, lowered on 18' Gartmeier Rims with Sunroof, yadda yadda
Clock says 64,000kms and it's in pretty bloody good nick could almost be true.

Plans for it are not huge, due to the limited budget.
But in the works is some ECU tuning, steel wheeling the turbos, FMIC etc. Just opening it up a little, leaving it on stock twins for that cruiser feel.
Plus of course a fair decent AV setup will be going in.

Anyway, that's me. You Perth ppl will see me around the streets, or in the hospital carparks :p
Wolfie
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction thread - this should be your first post! Reply with quote

My name is Robert, I'm 23 and engaged to a wonderful/understanding women...I dont actually own an Aristo but the heart of my supra is from an aristo and joined here mainly cause there are aristo engine specific stuff that differs from the MkIV 2jz so be good to get help from those in the know and possibly find parts that i may need that are aristo specific (such as transmission).

I havnt been into cars my whole like, kinda fell into it despite trying not to...back in the 70's before i was born my dad used to pro-drag race and circuit race as well back when it was more affordable with less rules hehe so i kinda unknowingly too a similar path...except his into building street customs and i'm more into street rodding on the classics spectrum of things.

Currently I have a MkIII supra with an aristo 2jz conversion running the aristo trans which is being built up by MV when i can get another good box...it made just shy of 300rwhp with a tonne of issues which is impressive for just an exhaust and cooler (i doubled my HP ripping out the 7m). I also have a 1948 morris 8 which is currently in the state i found it in and i have a second one to salvage body parts off, thats having a 340ci mopar with 2 x GT35R's strapped on it with an aim for over 1000hp in a car that weights 1 tonne or less, i'll be using it for drag and salt flats to try and go over 200mph. I'm also looking for a good condition manual RA60 as a daily driver...

For money i'm a fitter and turner and in 2 weeks i will be a tradesmen!!! i seriously cant wait...and in june/july i'm taking off to alaska to spend time with my fiance and her family/friends. Hobby wise i love photography and just got a fuji s6500, i also am seriously into hotrodding and taking rusted piles that no one looks twice at and building a monster of a vehical.

thats about it, down the line i intend on getting an aristo once i'm hitched and my fiance gets preggers hehe...supra isnt too good for a baby seat.

1990 Toyota Supra (aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion)
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm Nick, 24 from Perth.

My '93 Aristo is sitting in a workshop awaiting a new LHR power window assembly for compliance. Just sorted that, so should be on the road in the next few weeks.

I wanted this particular car because it is black, with black leather and sunroof. In terms of mods it has much of the usual already on it, coilovers, HKS SS BOV, dual twin tipped mufflers, etc. Main problem is it has done 130k.

The list of what mods I am going to do gets longer every day, so I won't get into it now, but I'll post my mods as they get done. Will also post the car when it's legal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: