Headlights and HIDs and stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic of them, in white, looks shite. But I have seen these in the flesh in black, don't mind them that much at all.

But then again, anything Ford is fraud / f*cked on race day, etc.
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a hid setup i just need ne globe as one is broken, where bouts can i buy them ?
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Places like Jshop should be able to get them?
Or if you want to get technical, I know a guy here who works for a HID shop.. pretty much all they do is HID's. I can get you his email/number if you like.
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh alrite send me the details Smile
Andypants
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome explanation of HID/XENON/HALOGEN lighting.

After reading this I know there is no reason to not get HID globes for my Aristo Smile

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/281/1629.html
Andypants
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although what I don't get is: With our Aristo lamps do we need to buy the whole conversion kit, or just the globes? Confused
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andypants wrote:
Although what I don't get is: With our Aristo lamps do we need to buy the whole conversion kit, or just the globes? Confused

Whole conversion. And like the Soarer, we only have projector style assemblies for low beam, so you technically can't do high beam.
Andypants
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay full kit - I think I'm gonna get a 4300K kit then. Hopefully with our low beam projector the light wont spill too much

Yeah I was only considering a low beam one. Which is cool
2Jornot2J
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we managed to land our HID kit ex ebay...the kits are fitted correctly however the lights dont equally have the same direction as each other. one disperses beautifully but the left one tends to shine sideways-ish more than forward. but outside the car if you look head on the light seems to appear perfectly head on from the headlights. dunno maybe i need to re-align the headlights or maybe machine the seats where the globes screw in. perhaps the lines in the headlights are what diffuse them...maybe i need to put the cracked clear ones back in...???? Confused
2Jornot2J
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok managed to find the screw that moves the low beam up and down. anyone know if there is one that moves the beam left to right?
2JZNOSHT
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristo wrote:
Andypants wrote:

Whole conversion. And like the Soarer, we only have projector style assemblies for low beam, so you technically can't do high beam.

Update for you all... Ive just put HID lights in my low and high beam. Makes a massive difference. I did have PIAA halogens in there but they didnt cut the mustard! The new lights are whiter and brighter. I used a 6000k HID. Ill try and get some pics up soon.

If anyone else is interested i can get kits with full 1 year warrantys and excellent backup support for $399 per kit.

Dave

Black...19's...Dished Hard... Slammed... Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leroy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a set of HIDs for my B/day a few weeks ago and they are awesome, Sooo much more light and they dont shine into peoples eyes, the rule is that you have to have them focusing on the bumper of the car infront of you at 20ft (6m) as per ADR's.
I got the 6000k kit for the HB3 bulb, Comes with 1 year warrenty and the company is in Melbourne.
I think they we're only $79 for the kit off Ebay. The bulbs last a life time and will never blow.
All the OEM HID lights from Honda, Audi, BMW, ect are all no more than 6000k (for ADR to pass as a While light to be classed as a head light). IMHO it's the best light range to get.
Cheers.

See it on the Dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP52UANtyXg
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HID's are the shizzle, 2.5 times more light.

Leroy wrote:
Sooo much more light and they dont shine into peoples eyes, the rule is that you have to have them focusing on the bumper of the car infront of you at 20ft (6m) as per ADR's.

The ADR's say they have to be auto-levelling. This is why they are a 2k option when you purchase a new car (if the option is available).

So even though you are putting them into the right housing (projector) and are aiming them right, technically they are still illegal because we don't have the auto-levelling.

Also your normal globes have two filaments, so 1 globe can do two levels of bightness. HID's can't do this, so on OEM applications they turn on a second light and raise the level of the main bulb to achieve high beam, aftermarket fitments you don't get this either.

Regardless, a really good upgrade when I jump in my g/f's silvia I keep trying to turn the lights on thinking they are off!
Angry
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Im at the moment asking permission from the admin to sell HID kits on JZS147.

ive sold over 80 kits this year to the R31 skyline club and local skyline/silvia/aristo owners around Australia.
All very pleased and happy with the results.

If you are interested in purchasing please PM. I can get them in at any time. Usually about a week to 2weeks lead time.. or i can order in bulk like i have previously if you members are cool to do so.

Prices at the moment start from $175 delivered with 12months warranty on ballast and bulbs, to anywhere in australia. Any K rating/Temp any bulb type. And also available in colours. Pink Blue Green etc.. ideal if u want to bling your Foggys.
Also have T10 LED parkers available to suit.

These are China Sourced. but as said. 80 + users and all VERY happy. I have them fitted to my Cressida .. my previous ride had them also ... will not have any other bulbs fitted to my car.

Although these are not ADR approved... being a direct replacement .. exchanging htem back to stock for RWC or otherwise is VERY easy and quickly do-able.

I wont say too much more until admin have given me the green light .. as i dont want to upset the apple cart.

Aaron, there is Hi/Lo bulbs available also. in 3 types.. Xenon and Halogen.. Xenon with Soleniod (i have these in my cressida) and Xenon and Xenon with uses 4 ballast packs.

Anyways.. Any questions just ask. happy to help

Matt
AngryIndustries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: