Introduction thread - this should be your first post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2JZNOSHT
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey my names Dave. 26 years old from Perth, single & no kids. Im currently Store Manager at Alberts Car Stereo Myaree. Been there for nearly 7 years now. Previous rides include:

1987 VL Calais
1997 VS Commodore
1987 VL Exec
1992 R32 Skyline (RB20 modified, 315hp, stock internals)
1988 VL Exec (current bunky!)

and now...

1992 Toyota Aristo - black, grey leather, ebc, exhaust...etc

Hope all us Perth boyz can catch up at some stage!

Black...19's...Dished Hard... Slammed... Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jboy1
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Jared, i am 23 married and live in Adelaide. I have been interested in anything with wheels since i was a toddler as my family have always been into cars and bikes.

Previous rides include:
LX torana hatch 333 stroker powered
1973 Chryler 2 door hardtop, hot 265 hemi
LX torana 4 door, mild 253

Current rides
AU Falcon ute(daily driver)
Toyota Aristo TT, December 1993 build, stock except for a set of 3 piece 18's and Bilstein's. Oh, by the way the Aristo is for sale at the moment and i am open to offers. I will post an add in the for sale section.
JZS747
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My name is Sang (from Melbourne) and my ride is a 97 Silver TT Aristo.
It was stock when I first got it, now its running 18' rim, cat back exhuast system, FMI and Blitz ECU makeing 197rwkw on 15psi. Big thanks to Aaron and his mate to get this forum up and running.

Previous rides include:

1987 VL Calais turbo
1996 R33 GTST Skyline
1995 RZ TT Supra
1997 JZX100 Mark 2

I will post some pic's soon.
polarbear
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my names scott, 20, single. first car was a '92 cressida and after realising the cost of doing the 2jz conversion, the aristo popped up and i now have a 1997 aristo. and i am now a happy boy, especially since waiting for this place to turn on, even found it in google lol.

will post pics when i get better ones Very Happy

Cheers, looks like it will be a great great forum.

p.s. i have a gs300 cd manual from u.s. for wiring diagrams that should be same as aristo jzs147, plus a cd manual from www.alljapanesecars.com coming out from russia that has all parts down to every nut and bolt on the aristo, when they arrive jus pm me if you want any info Very Happy
anglia
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: G'day from the new guy Reply with quote

Hello all.
My name is Tim I'm 29 I don't own a Aristo but looking for one at the moment.
I currently own a 1991 Celsior, 1991 Mazda Familia AWD Turbo, and a 1963 Ford Anglia with a turbocharged Toyota motor.
I have owned over 60 cars since I was 18 and I have about ten cars at the moment.
Its great to see a Australian site just for the Aristo.
I can't wait to get one just waiting to find the right car and I also want to sell my Familia.
Thanks and great site.
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gday all,

My name is Wayne, im 20 years old and current studying Civil engineering(previously mining engineeing but just transfered). Also working part time for Shell/coles express whilst im at uni. And im still on my P's! only 2 weeks to go Very Happy

Got my aristo about a month ago, its a :
1996 Toyota Aristo 3.0V with LSD.
Its Silver and with just under 79000kms

previous rides as follows:
1986 Toyota Celica SX (3S-GE)
1991 Toyota Soarer (JZZ30 1JZ-GTE)
1987 Toyota Corolla (AE82 with 100kw 4A-GE)
1991 Toyota Soarer (UZZ31 1UZ-FE)
2003 Hyundai Getz (has LPG conversion, 1200+km range with 40L fuel and 60L LPG), a car i share with my sister.

ran down the quarter bog stock with over 3/4 tank, spare in the boot and 225 rears.
best time is 14.243 @ 97.50mph.

my sig has a lil video on the night @ the plex
Blitz ECU and BPU, all cuts removed. 1.2bar! fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZSXocOxik <-BURNOUT!

1989 Kawasaki ZXR250 (ZX-2R)
19000rpm goodnesss
Roadside Tech
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Very Happy

How we all doing?? I'm Nick, 31 from England, currently an unemployed mechanic (no sympathy, was my fault :smile: ) have a lovely 1992 Aristo 3.0V my previous car list is too long to list, but I've been heavily involved with Toyota's for the last 8 or so years, mainly Supra's. I set up www.clubaristo.co.uk last September. Already spoken to Aaron, and hope we can work together between the forums to share the knowledge.

Speak to you all soon.
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

It is great to finally be a member of an Australian Aristo site.
Congrats guys on a great site so far.

I am a 33yo, Married with 3 kids, Account Manager for Canon, Melbourne boy all my life, who has always loved toyota's. Very Happy
I am the proud owner of a Silver 1996 model with sunroof and leather which I have owned since Feb this year.

The cars I have owned. (Don't Laugh!)

1. 1976 Toyota Corona complete with baby cack mustard paintwork
2. 1989 Toyota Camry Ultima
3. 1995 Ford Futura Wagon (about to sell it) I was a pro rock musician
4. 1989 Toyota Cressida Standard 7M (also about to sell)
5. 2002 Magna Wagon Company car that was written off (long story)
6. 2007 Mitsubishi 380 Platinum Company Car

So as you can see, I finally have my 'Sports car' that I have longed for. I was going to buy a JZX100, but this was more appealing with the 2J engine.

Chris

Last freaked with by christodav on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:02 pm; freaked 1 time in total
Tones
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, names Anthony and I live in Perth WA. Not married, no kids, that i know of and into cars for a long time. I currently work out of town on a mine site up north called Telfer.

Previous cars:

'79 rx7's 3 of
'89 rx7 - lightly modified
'93 Mazda cosmo 20BTT - stock

and thats about all thats worth mentioning.

Now own
'79 rx7 w/ 13B bridgeport turbo, hilux diff, microtech ect...
'73 Mazda 1300 coupe - Full Super Sedan spec drag car, currently at tenegah motorsports getting a new motor and a couple extra goodies
'93 Model Aristo
16" Volk rims like a couple others from auto wholesale in Burswood
JVC Head unit
everything else is stock. looking into exhausts, rims, and suspension at the moment, and getting the rest of the stereo finished off

will post up pics of most cars in members rides when i get around to it....

hope to see the perth guys on a cruise one day as there seems to be quite a few of us on here...
byteme
Had2have1
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G’Day All,

I’m Phil, married with one 7yo potential car enthusiast. At 44, I think I must be almost twice the average age of other members! Was tough deciding on a username, AristoPop may have been the go. Smile

I’m here to swell the ranks of the Perth Brigade.

Love cars, DIY electronics, ear bleeding clean sound with bass that rattles the eyeballs, (car and home Hi-Fi) designing and building stuff, hockey and squash and the challenge of blending all that with a harmonious family life.

I started working for myself 23 years ago fixing electronic stuff, then did product development, consulting and advising. I’ve been a full time inventor for 11 years now. So, if you have a great idea, I can help with Intellectual Property, Licensing and all the scary stuff needed for international commercialization.

Had some wheels over the years:

HG Holden (Original classic)
’81 Toyota T18
’88 VL Commodore
’85 Exa Turbo (thimble sized turbine worked very hard…..)
’90 MX6 Turbo Red auto (Good fun, but let down by self shifter)
’86 Pontiac Fiero V6 GT (Had the looks, but needed better brakes)
’90 Mitsubishi VR4 Black manual (Great car)
’90 VN 5L Calais white (My first new fuel injected 5 litre, “massive” 165kw, swore I’d never buy another)
‘78 tray-top ute (0–100 in 6 minutes, but dangerous to take shopping cause there’s nothing you can’t bring home) Very Happy
’90 Magna (It was a fill-in, so no comment)
’90 VN 5L Calais (Bought another one, disgusting mushroom colour, but it was cheap)
’91 MX6 Turbo white manual (Greater fun than the red one, torque steer heaven)
’92 Black Nissan Bluebird Attessa 4WD Turbo (highly modified, a blast!)
’92 Soarer T/T (Miss those doors) not!)
’97 Black Chaser JZX 100 (Best modified car I’ve had so far)
’92 Hyundai XL Sprint, complete with working tacho and spoiler (Slight misjudgment on Aristo arrival, so this is my temporary punishment Sad )
’94 silver Aristo arrival mid May. (Really wanted a black one, might still happen…..)

Great to see this forum happening!
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Phil / Anthony as still suprised at the amount of Perth Aristo owners ! Must be the boom we're having or had Razz

Anothony: see you've Hisham Ahrone looking after your car at tenegah m/sports....nice bloke but he's a Mitsi boy thru & thru Wink

Phil: Age means nothing mate as you're only old as you feel as comes age comes experince as we can guide all the young whipper snappers on here Mr. Green

Fair list of cars there mate as you've just about gone thru every car manufacturer in OZ Razz

Look fwd to hearing of the imminenet arrival of your Aristo soon pop Wink

Cheers Jamie
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Perth user, we're taking over... :smile:

Hi guys Jay here, finally got around to jotting down an intro.

I bought a 93' Aristo a few weeks ago that was complied but unregistered due to an engine issue (low compression on numbers 4 and 6). I have her in bits at the moment fitting the immobiliser and alarm but hope to get her registered in the next few weeks.

I am still very busy building the house at the moment so only have short bursts of time to get things going.

Myself, 33yo, 4 kids and live in a shed (sums me up pretty well). I have taken 6-9 months off work to build my pole home on 5 acres in Brigadoon and so far so good. When I am working I work as an Electronics tech, Communications rigger or Project manager for the mobile phone industry. I'll be going back to that when the roof is on my house in 2 months or so.

Previous rides, nothing worth mentioning. I got 80% through a 13B turbo conversion into a Corolla but sold the house and broke it up for parts. A few houses later and I've finally got a toy to play with. I have my XG Falcon ute, My GU Patrol and the wife's 99 Magna as daily drivers so the Aristo can be taken off the road as required when modifying bits and peices.

Anyway, I hope to be an active member and hopefully meet some of the Perth crew once I have my engine sorted. Anyone got a well priced 2JZGTE spare?

Jay.
Jezza
'Mr. No Aristo'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. my name is Jeremy, username is my nickname. I live in Canberra, almost 20, currently studying science at ANU (dropped engineering)

im not an aristo owner (sadly Sad) because i spend too much $ on food, my computer and my current car (been through 3 CV joints in 1 month for perspective)

my current car (and only one i've owned) is a 1993 WA ford festiva, and i drive it as if it was a wrc rally car (hence cv's among other things going bye-bye) but on the plus side, it does mad handbrakies, tyres are cheap (woo, 13"s) and i save money on fuel, cos i can run it on 91 ron, and it's 6.5L/100km (well, that's if i granny it. it's more 8.5L/100km) so on the whole, it's a good, reliable little car for a poor uni student for me.

begs the question though, why did i sign up here if i dont have an aristo...

well, as of probably September last year, it has been my dream car. never seen one in real life sadly (apparently there is 1 in canberra...never seen it tho)

i had taken 6 months off uni, and with the prospects of lots of money, i got the idea in my head to get a car by x-mas. i was mainly looking for a VIP style car (so, more cruising, and way less flogging, so i dont break stuff as i do now) and someone posted up a pic of an aristo. i was curious as to what they were cos i had never heard of one before, and after looking into it (basically, looking at some pics and reading that it had a 2JZ) i was hooked. as stated, i never got one, but im hoping to have one i can call my own some time in the nearish future when i'll have enough money to buy and maintain one.

if i get one, plan is to make it all cruisy/VIP, so to start, i'd be looking at a black or white aristo with leather and sunroof and hopefully TT (depends on insurance i guess). then get a kit (seen some i like, nfi on the names of em tho lol. someone here has the closest to what im after as their avatar) some nice deep dish wheels, decent ICE setup, lowered, possibly on bags, and afew engine mods (nothing extreme...im used to 31.5KW of fwd crapness. big power + RWD would prolly = me wrapped around a tree)

so um, yeah... that's my long winded post about me and my non-aristo ownership lol

oh, and if anyone lives in canberra and owns an aristo, i'd be most keen to have a squiz at it
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
begs the question though, why did i sign up here if i dont have an aristo...

Welcome Jezza, you are member #50!!

Don't have to be an owner to join Smile
Jezza
'Mr. No Aristo'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo, i feel special Smile ty for the welcome

forgot to mention major reasons i signed up here. 1) read up on/ogle/envy ppl with aristos, and also learn more about them. 2) im the sort of person that knows what i like and want, but has nfi on how to get there on my own, so also could be a learning experience.
Scarcmi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Hi my first post Reply with quote

Hi All
My name is michael and im 25, currently an Australian living in Glasgow scotlan on my way home in the next 3 months arriving home late July, after being here for a year. I work in I.T. (bit of a geek) but it does a good jo of paying the bills!
My previous cars in order.
-1981 VC commodore wagon (Blue 202)
-1987 VL Commodore sedan (RB30)
-1997 200sx modified (SR20DET)
-1988 VL BT1 mental car!! (RB30ET)
-1988 Toyota Bundera landcruiser (2LTE)

I have not bought my Aristo yet but the hunt is on for sure im hoping to have one by October, as my car history is vast formy age i have been burnt before so the research must be done this time(my poket wont take another hit!).
this looks like a pretty cool place and has the Aristo number get rolling i hope it becomes a wholy grail of hints and tips!!
anyway see ya around the place folks.
Mike
Milhouse
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! This is my first post on these forums!
My name is Simon and I am the brand new owner of a two tone (white on silver) 95 Aristo V. I have been waiting for this car since december 06 so it is awesome to finally have it in my possesion!
I live in Canberra and I have'nt seen another Aristo here yet, but I hope too soon.
I work for a bank as a mobile lender and have lived in Canberra most of my life. I am 31, married and have a beautiful 1 year old daughter.

Previous rides:

MX83 Cressida with 1JZ auto
MX73 Cressida stocko
Mazda 808 sedan 13BT
Mazda RX3 sedan 13BT
Mazda 808 wagon's X 4
Mazda 808 coupe 13BT
Mazda RX2 12A

So as you can see I am a bit of a rotary/mazda freak but have come to love toyotas now as well!
See you all around!

Simon
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My names Jon, 27 & from Brisbane & work in SAP (IT system).

Had too many cars in the past but some of the better ones were:

S14a 200SX
MZ20 Soarer
Laser TX3 4wd turbo
N12 ET pulsar (with SR20DET conversion)

And currently:

Lexus LS400
MY99 Subaru Impreza WRX
R31 Skyline GTS-X (VG30DET conversion)
Mitsubishi Challenger LS
1995 Aristo 3.0V

I guess i found out about aristo's around the year 2000 when a friend purchased a front cut, had been in the back of my mind for years that i'd probably want one at a later stage..... and here i am now.
1999 Subaru Impreza WRX - VF28, FMIC, exhaust - For sale
98SZR
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all!
My name is Dustin, I'm 20 pushing 21 Smile I'm not married but close to it! Have a 2yr old son. I'm a 2yr+ active member of supraforums.com.au and currently own a 98 toyota supra SZR which is soon to be a RZ with a 2jzgte conversion currently underway and almost complete!

I am using a JZS161 VVTi 2jzgte which I have converted to a supra spec engine (Sump, PS pump, etc etc) for my project and have spend some time getting it all together! So basically joined the forums as I have 2jzgte knowledge, have some aristo engine parts to sell and also looking at buying a 95+ black with leather aristo later this year or early next year depending on funds and supra mods!

I know a few guys/girls on here from supraforums and know Aaron (Nakedterror) personally, I must say he and who ever else have done a great job on the site so far and it was a great idea.

For anyone interested in the supra it is here: http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=24500
Also my huge project with plenty of pics here: http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=25065

Previous cars:
1979 TX Gemini manual green machine
1998 VS II 5.0 V8 Ute manual

Current cars:
1998 Toyota supra SZR/RZ Smile
1991 TR Magna run around
Yippykiay
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day all, Names Ben
I dont have an Aristo nor do i have one on order, but after my first test drive i know i have to get one... im just not sure when. Im an apprentice fitter and turner in sunny Adelaide. 20 years old. Ive had a few cars for my age including:

91 toyota corolla hatch
1987 s4 Rx7 13b turbo
2001 surbaru forester
and my current ride is a 2003 4x4 Hilux.

I do an arse load of driving to and from work, and im always driving fair distances to ride my motorbikes. The Lux is an awsome car but its turning me into an old man as it shakes my joints loose every trip. The idea is i get an aristo chuck a towbar and some rims on and im in driving nirvana.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 2 of 58

Jump to: