dashboard replacement

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHuddo
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: dashboard replacement Reply with quote

hey guys, just wondering... how hard is it to replace the dashboard? as in the main thing that houses the aircon, intrument cluster etc etc... mines been sun/moisture/something damaged and is cracking/lifting, and imo ruins the look of the car... it's really the only thing wrong with the entire car, and it bugs me...

anyone done it before or seen it done or anything? i can easily source the dashboard, it's the taking out/putting in that's stopping me. if i got a dash cover, i could prolly make it out of sight, out of mind, but still... would like to fix it if possible

sorry abt the annoying angle of the pic, sister took it, and it's the best one i've got so far that shows the lifting dash, coz idk where my camera is...

cheers Smile
Bengy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a major pain in the ass job but its definetly possible if you have the time and inclination

All I can say is good luck!
lincoln
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah good luck mate, can be done, but the wiring looms are clipped to the back underside of it, and theres plenty of screws/bolts... tis a total pain in the ass...

i just pulled the dash out of a supra, i wasnt taking all that much care with it and it still took a good couple of hours...
Greeny
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 cunt of a job, even with the window out.
bignasty
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've replaced mine before. Mine had holes from an aftermarket dvd screen or something when it arrived from Japan and it annoyed me.

I will take photos of my old dash to give you an idea of where all the bolts and screws are. Once you know where they're all are, its pretty simple.

-Dash cluster needs to come out
-centre console (shifter surround) needs to come out
-stereo, astray etc.

There are 4 main big bolts.

Large wiring looms, from memory, 3 on drivers and 2 on passenger.

I didn't have to remove the doors, windows or front seats. And it came out fine...but the steering wheel was in the way when i put the new dash in. Cause i had to go in at a different angle and i scratched the wheel - that was my only problem.

Anyways, i will take pics and post in the morning...hope it will help you
BigHuddo
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be really really awesome hey Smile i've gotta install my stereo at some stage, so i may do it all at once... would prolly make it easier to feed cables through that way, i would think.
cheers! Very Happy
marwanatalib
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not as bad as everybody is saying.. its time consuming yes but its pretty straight forward.. i did it when my car was broken into and the idiot cut through my dash to get my DVD player out and such.. here is a link of the photos

http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19678
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: