boosting?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
180boi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: boosting? Reply with quote

from what i have read on this site it seems that boosting the stock aristo is not as easy as in other cars. so far i understand their is a boost cut so u have to deal with that first. also the boost changes depending on where in the rev range u are due to the sequntial setup and also things like fuel cuts etc. so what is needed to be able to choose ur own boost levels? in both sequntial and parallel. and is it possible to run both setups (with the switch to swap between) with individual boost levels (eg. 10psi on single and 13psi on dual. and in parallel say 12psi constant. jsut as an example)
what kinda controllers, mods etc are needed. cause i used to own a 180sx and it was simple as choosing any controller manual or electronic and jsut fitting it with or without a guage and setting any level u were happy with.
sbyder
'Mr. Lemon'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you want to?

just set it at 13psi and have them both boost in sequential and TTC modes.
RCN Compliance Centre
East Coast Compliance

....Website coming soon....
180boi
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the highest you can boost to on a stock aristo without any support mods before the boost cut interferes.
sbyder
'Mr. Lemon'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would set it to around 13psi. On a cold night you might get a pound or 2 over that so you've got a little to play with before boost cut kicks in.

BCD's/FCD's arent that expensive, so you could always buy one and run around 16psi all day long.
RCN Compliance Centre
East Coast Compliance

....Website coming soon....
xscape
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if this is the case for anybody else, but when i did the 5 minute TTC mod it put my EBC settings out of whack. i had to fiddle around with it again as it was boosting higher and spiking more in TTC.

180boi, i wouldnt worry about it too much dude. TTC is sh1thouse anyway. just run in sequential with EBC/MBC set to about 1 - 1.2 bar (depending on mods) and if you wanted to run less, just take it easy on the right foot..
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 180boi,

Boost cut & fuel cut are the same thing. When the ECU sees the boost going to high, it assumes a fault in the turbo control system (like a leaking hose) and cuts fuel.

In sequential mode you need two boost controllers, one to boost each stage of the system. The best route seems to boost the first stage of the system (3800rpm & below) to around 1 bar. Then boost the second stage of the system to 16-18 whatever you want assuming you have overcome the boost cut.

xscape wrote:
i dont know if this is the case for anybody else, but when i did the 5 minute TTC mod it put my EBC settings out of whack. i had to fiddle around with it again as it was boosting higher and spiking more in TTC.

This is normal. Your EBC learns how your turbos respond, and changing the way the turbos (and thus the boost curve) behave messes it up.

Boo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: