good street tyre
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: good street tyre Reply with quote

It seems ku 36 tyre prices have exploded almost 400 for a 275 r18. Is anyone using any other brand other than kuhmo or federal the 595 rsr are reasonably priced at around 280 for a 285. Am after something with good grip in the dry or wet any other brands I should consider and any cheap type shop recommendations, currently look on st George types and option 1 garages. Car is a daily driver

Budget 400 each tyre for rear less for fronts
Sizes 295 R18 for rears and 245/255 R18 for fronts

Last freaked with by newbie on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 pm; freaked 1 time in total
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running on Hankook Ventus v12 evo k110 19inch tyres and they seem pretty good. (It's a very long name LOL.)
I got these coz they were VERY cheap and delivered to my door and I read alot on the internet and many said that they were a better tyre than the Khumo rival. Here in Japan, they cost about $600- for the set of 4. No idea what they cost in Australia?

Chris
Richy
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christodav wrote:
I am running on Hankook Ventus v12 evo k110 19inch tyres and they seem pretty good. (It's a very long name LOL.)
I got these coz they were VERY cheap and delivered to my door and I read alot on the internet and many said that they were a better tyre than the Khumo rival. Here in Japan, they cost about $600- for the set of 4. No idea what they cost in Australia?

Chris

I have a brand call linglong on my car. Theyre a pretty good tyre. I can't spin the wheels in the wet like I could with kmart tyres. And they were cheap only 200 for a set of 4 17"
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richy wrote:
christodav wrote:

Chris

I have a brand call linglong on my car. Theyre a pretty good tyre. I can't spin the wheels in the wet like I could with kmart tyres. And they were cheap only 200 for a set of 4 17"

rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuhmo ku31 wasnt bad
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal RSR's for the price are pretty good!!! Option1garage!!! other than that if ya in SA guys apparantly good Place in Murraybridge for tyres called DriftShed.......I normally get mine off ebay!!
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richy wrote:
christodav wrote:

Chris

I am certain you are taking the piss.....but not sure why????? Confused Confused
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christodav wrote:
Richy wrote:
christodav wrote:

Chris

I am certain you are taking the piss.....but not sure why????? Confused Confused

I see this all the time. Waiting for the next person to jump in and recommend wanli, nankang, austyre or whatever else is the latest cheap wholesale tyre that their tyre joint has bought in a bulk purchase.

Newbie what exact size and budget do you have?
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie what exact size and budget do you have?[/quote]

Rims are 18 x 9 +24 on front
18 x 10 + 37 rear

Budget around 350 for rears bit less for fronts. Don't think the KU36 are worth 400 a tyre though. Am looking at 295 in rear and 245/255 on fronts. I am considering Continental sport 3 or michelin sport. I am just unsure of the tread pattern on the 595 rs-r being crap in the wet as they have a semi slick tread pattern and figure semis might be a bit loud for a daily so looking for a good performance road tyre, the cheaper the better but not going roll on nankangs just because they are cheap, tyres are quite important
DVS2JZ
'JZS147'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Ku39 (replaced ku19 as kumho's performance tyre)

I piad $250ish for 235/18's IIRC so 275's may be abit more than your budget (although this was when they were first released so unsure of what they are worth now)

Really have to try to be able to spin the wheels in the wet and only ever get a little chirp on 1-2 change in the dry (im running 320ishhp with 3.5k stall / built box / t04z)

BUT

Im not confident of how long they will last, only had them on the car for 3,000k's
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 595 rsr's on the front awesome in the dry and they feel pretty good in the wet. I previously had ku36's on the front and couldn't fault them as a steering tyre.

I have old 275 ku36's on the back and they are pretty good in the dry and not bad in the wet. Get power down well unless doing something stupid.

Noise? can't honestly comment as its not a concern to me.

Another good tyre to try is Yokohama AD08 a bit more exy but heard lots of good reviews.
Richy
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ems3s wrote:
christodav wrote:
Richy wrote:
christodav wrote:

Chris

I see this all the time. Waiting for the next person to jump in and recommend wanli, nankang, austyre or whatever else is the latest cheap wholesale tyre that their tyre joint has bought in a bulk purchase.

Newbie what exact size and budget do you have?

I was being serious, I've had Nankangs, Diamondbacks and Linglongs. Linglongs are by far the better of the three.
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!

linglong Smile

Until I heard that brand I always though Triangle was the funniest name for a tyre brand Very Happy

Chris
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: tyre Reply with quote

any one heard anything about continential sport contact?
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a Cheap Arse dodgey brothers tyre ya want with no significant Brand Name Maxiss V1's are actually great on treadwear, great on Grip both Dry and Wet, handle very well, but are a little noisey. but for the price ya can live with a little noise no more than a Federal 595 street tyre Very Happy

I prefer the federal 595 rsr's tho but wish they did a Bigger width!! Sad
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: wheel Reply with quote

is 400 each for a rear tyre considered cheap? If so maybe I will have to adjust my budget, definately do not want a cheap no named brand of tyre
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
is 400 each for a rear tyre considered cheap? If so maybe I will have to adjust my budget, definately do not want a cheap no named brand of tyre
I normally spend about $1100-1800 on set of tyres depending
DVS2JZ
'JZS147'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think $400 a tyre is a very fair budget , I allow 300 for rears and less for fronts and aim to buy the best tyres I can for that money .... but my tyres only last 10,000k's / 12 months
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: wheel Reply with quote

TurboMoehican wrote:
newbie wrote:

What size and brand do you get, is that 1800 just for rears
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: wheel Reply with quote

newbie wrote:
TurboMoehican wrote:
newbie wrote:

What size and brand do you get, is that 1800 just for rears
No thats for the whole lot mate fronts and Rears!! I get my tyres online and get my mate who owns a tyre shop to but them on for me for free. I normally get Federal RSR but for wider tyres for rear Im looking at Nitto's, and Toyo Proxies online atm but i know plenty of guys running Kumho. as stated above Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: