insurance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnlpfc
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

ok people i am having real problems finding a reasonable quote for my car so far im geting around $3k third party and $6k full comp and thats the car at $10k

not only do i wont my car insured for around 20-25. i think these prices are out of this world
DVS2JZ
'JZS147'

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pay 130ish a month through just car, insured for 13k

what are you trying to inc? understand stupid quote if that inc's your planned respray

20-25 is abit optimistic no matter what mods, insurance companys wont care just look at 'redbook' value more often than not
cnlpfc
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all ive listed is the
4k stereo
listed all engine modifications
the modified headlights
suspension

i can get insurance through sgio at stock aristo with sound for maximum value of 6k and thts a joke they sayin car only worth 2k wtf??
DVS2JZ
'JZS147'

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone trying to shaft you hard there

Sgio didnt even want to know bout my car, not alot of options

aaim, just car, shannons is all i can think of and shannons require the car to be garaged and over 25 or experience with fast cars/cams license etc

wouldnt have thought internal engine mods would throw it overboard price wise, try different quotes leaving things off see if you can pin point what is making it so expensive Razz
Risk10k
'Dark Intentions'

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGIO had mine on an agreed value of 13k, stock, for around 1k a year. Same as our 06 camry.

Shannons will look after it after its built, for less. Worth a shot, just need to be over 25 Smile
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you over 25 and have no claim history?

If you aren't and/or have made claims or lost your license than your quotes are about right.

I'm with Shannon's and insured for $25k. I pay just under a grand a year with every single mod listed as a daily drive. As a weekender it dropped by a couple hundred and it dropped a little more for 1-2 times a month.

My car is classified as a moderately modified car with stock motor but single turbo and everything else and as a highly modified with built motor.

I wouldn't bother listing a stereo if you got a big one because that doesn't raise the value of the car only increases the risk of theft in the insurance company view.
cnlpfc
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey em3s yer I have both now last year was bad year had a crash and lost licence
But yer crash I.did.fck all damage to other car
Lost licence for wreck less, evading and few charges which mabe me lose it.for points as well
DVS2JZ
'JZS147'

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just answered your own question of why your insurance quote so high

Insurance companies frown upon that type of behaviour
cnlpfc
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i wasnt expecting insurance over 6 times more expensive lol that seems lot but might just take one of the cheaper low inusred quotes
JasonT
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya'll
I'm new to this forum & would greatly appreciate it if you "seniors" can impart some valuable advice.
I'm currently looking into getting a 1995 Aristo, no major mods (as far as I kno) except for aftmkt exhaust, pod air filter & aftmkt wheels,... I cant seem to get any decent insurance quotes for the car.

I've looked through this forum and based on the posts, apparently there are just a couple of comps. willing to insure this vehicle, namely Just Cars & Shannons.

I got an online quote of $1050-$1350 premium with $550-$1050 excess for an agreed value of $10,800.

I am 40yrs, hold an international licence (no Aust. full lic), studying fulltime, with 2 speeding demerits (3 pts each: not sure how they/or police record this on my intn'l lic.

Can you guys help with suggesting any decent Ins. comps. for this vehicle? Also given the replies in some of these posts,... Just Cars appear to be quite a handful, even though the premium's slightly cheaper.

Thank guys for your time & feedback & I look forward to updating more details of the Aristo, once I can get the Ins. sorted out.
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shannons or Just Cars. Wouldn't even bother with anyone else..

Those quotes seem on par with the norm..
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid $900 full comp with nrma any mods covered under their new full comp insurance policy they have been hammering the tv/newspapers/media with u put down how much u want it covered for and it includes everything Smile
jrad
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shannons - quick/ easy, the dude new what an Aristo was to start with, and the premium was actually cheaper than both RAC & SGIO on both agreed & market

Always insured with them, with no worries
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.
JasonT
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx guys for your replies,..... much appreciated!
Will updated on forum once the car & insur, have ben sorted.
Cerium
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time to renew the Aristo insurance so I've been having a look around. The previous year I've been with Just Cars and the renewal quote is $1200. I got a quote online with Shannon's, $15k value, 26 year old driver, driving 1-2 times a week, kept in a locked garage with alarm, no finance and >$5k engine mods and suspension mods selected. $2600 Suprised And here I was thinking it'd be under $1k. Looks like I'll be sticking with Just Cars and hope I never have to make a claim!
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried nrma? everyone seems to be getting ripped off and paying over 4 digits
Cerium
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
have you tried nrma? everyone seems to be getting ripped off and paying over 4 digits

The NRMA website just offered me a max agreed value of $6k. Probably not for me haha.
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerium wrote:
OGAristo wrote:

The NRMA website just offered me a max agreed value of $6k. Probably not for me haha.

not online call up lol
Gillysparks77
'Big Daddy'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always find it strange that the filth can put you off the road for mods yet you can get insured with them Confused
how can you insure a car which needs an engineer certificate and hasnt got one:???:
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillysparks77 wrote:
i always find it strange that the filth can put you off the road for mods yet you can get insured with them Confused
how can you insure a car which needs an engineer certificate and hasnt got one:???:

like i previously quoted with nrma u can do any mods you want and its all covered u tell them i want it covered for 15k and everything valuing up to that will be covered they dont ask what mods are done and its all covered Smiley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: