Front grille? Also first time poster

 
   JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Front grille? Also first time poster Reply with quote

Hey guys first time poster here. Bought a black 93 jzs147 a week ago. Upgraded from my na jza80. Very happy with the aristo! Name is Taylor.

Okay I'm looking at changing my grille. I want to know if the gs300 grilles are the same fitment as the jzs147. I'm leaning towards this one if fitment will be fine.

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view?url=http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x261902945&thumb=http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/f38batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/3/2/8/6/sakurasaku_parts-thumb-1328692166474534.jpg&title=16%2016%20GS300

Thanks,
Taylor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll look for a grille with thinner vertical lines but yeah I'd still like to know if the gs300 grilles fit the jzs147
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TurboMoehican
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Grille the Lexus badged One I took a Series one Grille Removed the Horizontal fins and then filed, sanded, primed, and Painted with a Clear coat took few hours plus drying time



JZS161, jzs160 gs300 grilles on ebay dont Fit!!!! only jzs147 grilles fit because of bonnet locking mechanism and I also believe the size is different.
Back to top
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"


Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 1726

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em
_________________
"The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaddux
JZS147 Junior


Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 126
Location: Victoria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!
_________________
We Wont Die Defeated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 4387
Location: Banora Point/ gold coast NSW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"TAYLOR"......the grill you posted up fella........is for a ..(160/161 GS300 !! ) it WILL NOT fit into a 147..!!

carefull bloke...a lot of "jap yahoo" auctions will say "gs300 lexus"....but will not define WHAT MODEL.. Nervous
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaddux wrote:
taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!


Haha that's creepy. I'm in love with my aristo now. Did a full detail, Wash > Clay bar > Polish > Wax.
Just purchased tein flex coilovers too, can't wait! It looks mint after the detail.

Nick, thanks for the advice.

OGAristo, I've messaged junction produce australia about a grille. Thanks for the source Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'


Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 3845
Location: townsville,qld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
jaddux wrote:
taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!


Haha that's creepy. I'm in love with my aristo now. Did a full detail, Wash > Clay bar > Polish > Wax.
Just purchased tein flex coilovers too, can't wait! It looks mint after the detail.

Nick, thanks for the advice.

OGAristo, I've messaged junction produce australia about a grille. Thanks for the source Razz

PHOTOS Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhetto wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
jaddux wrote:
taylor i just sold my supra na and baught an aristo just waiting on her to be shipped Wink haha how mint !!!!!


Haha that's creepy. I'm in love with my aristo now. Did a full detail, Wash > Clay bar > Polish > Wax.
Just purchased tein flex coilovers too, can't wait! It looks mint after the detail.

Nick, thanks for the advice.

OGAristo, I've messaged junction produce australia about a grille. Thanks for the source Razz

PHOTOS Razz


I'll have photos up in a weeks time or so. I usually steal my mothers camera to take photos haha. After using the setup she has, I don't settle for less Razz

Warning though, the wheels aren't so hot. Type of wheels you'd find on a commodore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woggin
Site Moderator


Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 4240
Location: per SOR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
Warning though, the wheels aren't so hot. Type of wheels you'd find on a commodore.


u better change that shit up, we dont do commodore spec here! Smile
_________________
JZS147 CLUB STICKERS
http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13060

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
Ae111r BZR levin daily

Old rides: 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Warning though, the wheels aren't so hot. Type of wheels you'd find on a commodore.


u better change that shit up, we dont do commodore spec here! Smile


Haha yeah I'm working on it. What I'm looking at should be real nice. Just have to save now. Working weekends it is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em


Didn't get a response from junction produce australia on facebook. Tried the japanese website, it's 404'd?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry I haven't put up any photos! 3 days after having the aristo a coolant hose under the intake man split, I replaced it and many other hoses I could get to with silicone ones. Had a mate helping me putting everything back on, and when it came to the iacv he put the check valve the wrong way around and ended up squashing it flat. Now it won't hold idle, so I now have to wait 3 weeks to get a new check valve from toyota japan Sad.

Anyway, I'm STILL looking for a front grille. Im after one pretty much identical to either one of these. Anyone know?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8127/99jparistojzs147front2.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9549/grille1l.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em


I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"


Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 1726

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em


I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.


ok this is iffy but the junction produce site has upgraded/closed down il explain:

the usa website i can no longer find/google search like before and the jap site its totally redone and not the same as the last time i was there but i found a reseller that does sell em here you go bro:

http://autostyle-usa.com/?pkey=item_info&i_code=JPD11211150001&car_url=jzs147
_________________
"The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karlcho88
JZS147 Rookie


Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone clarify which grill is on my car... Its different to the usual ones with the chrome ring around it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 4813
Location: Perth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlcho88 wrote:
Can someone clarify which grill is on my car... Its different to the usual ones with the chrome ring around it.


Stock standard..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
prolancaster
JZS147 Member


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 292
Location: Zillmere, Queensland. Brisbane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em


I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.


ok this is iffy but the junction produce site has upgraded/closed down il explain:

the usa website i can no longer find/google search like before and the jap site its totally redone and not the same as the last time i was there but i found a reseller that does sell em here you go bro:

http://autostyle-usa.com/?pkey=item_info&i_code=JPD11211150001&car_url=jzs147


The connection to their site is timing out. I'll try in the morning, thanks though! You're a legend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OGAristo
"Captain SS Aristotanic"


Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 1726

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
OGAristo wrote:
prolancaster wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know of where I can get a grille that is like the one in the link I posted, but with thinner vertical bars? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one


yes junction produce sell em


I had a look but couldn't find if/where they sell them. I tried the Japanese site but it doesn't look like they sell them anymore? Is there a link you might have?

Thanks, Taylor.


ok this is iffy but the junction produce site has upgraded/closed down il explain:

the usa website i can no longer find/google search like before and the jap site its totally redone and not the same as the last time i was there but i found a reseller that does sell em here you go bro:

http://autostyle-usa.com/?pkey=item_info&i_code=JPD11211150001&car_url=jzs147


The connection to their site is timing out. I'll try in the morning, thanks though! You're a legend


Yeah i tried again and its working for me try it again Very Happy
_________________
"The biggest failure you can have in life is making the mistake of never trying at all."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum









Faq   |   Search   |   Memberlist   |   Usergroups   |   Register   |   Profile   |   Log in

Powered by phpBB Copyright © phpBB Group, 2005. All Rights Reserved

Hosted by Fluffyduck Internet Services - Supraforums.com.au Partner