E10 100

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurboCrab
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: E10 100 Reply with quote

First off hi all first post. Just picked up my 94TT Aristo. Thought id get something more comfy then my 1990 mr2. I was running e10 100 from united in the mr2 what are people thoughts of running it in the 2jzgte its basically stock just a front mount and and exhaust and seems to be running about 14psi off boost.
karlcho88
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run it and had no problems.
Talk is that BP 98 is still a better fuel though.

If you use the car often its OK, but if you were going to park it and not do alot of K's for weeks on end I would avoid ethanol fuel as it not very nice to alot of older rubber hoses and the like.
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlcho88 wrote:
but if you were going to park it and not do alot of K's for weeks on end I would avoid ethanol fuel as it not very nice to alot of older rubber hoses and the like.

How does that work? There is still ethanol in the lines when the car is running, and also off.
TurboCrab
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm thats the problem with this fuel you have people on both sides and dont know what to think. Of course its all just here say and the thing about that is it mostly bs. Oh my fuel pump died and i started using e10 xxx ago must have been that... Well it could have gone anyway who knows.. Still I ran it in the mr2 turbo and it seemed to love it but i always had that worry in the back of my mind.
Dingus 147

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E10 is the equivalent of 95 octane. I haven't used it but I have used P100 a few times. Seems to pick up some torque however my car was tuned on P100.

Smells alot better over all.
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popcorn
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboCrab wrote:
hmm thats the problem with this fuel you have people on both sides and dont know what to think. Of course its all just here say and the thing about that is it mostly bs. Oh my fuel pump died and i started using e10 xxx ago must have been that... Well it could have gone anyway who knows.. Still I ran it in the mr2 turbo and it seemed to love it but i always had that worry in the back of my mind.

BS you say? Here's a good example of the difference between an ethanol compatible line and one that isn't - http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/06/piston-slap-the-corrosive-effects-of-ethanol-laced-gasoline/

It's also generally the o-rings that you need to worry about as they will fail much sooner than the rubber hoses.
Dingus 147

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont run it if you are to scared of it eating your fuel lines or "O rings".

http://www.fcai.com.au/environment/can-my-vehicle-operate-on-ethanol-blend-petrol-

Read that. "All models except the above". Wonder if that would hold up in a Lawsuit lol Razz
TurboCrab
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedrotski wrote:
Dont run it if you are to scared of it eating your fuel lines or "O rings".

http://www.fcai.com.au/environment/can-my-vehicle-operate-on-ethanol-blend-petrol-

Read that. "All models except the above". Wonder if that would hold up in a Lawsuit lol Razz

what i was thinking Razz. Thats also why I tend to think it should be ok. Why would petrol stations bother selling it with the risk of a class action or something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: