DEFECTED and the BOL&#CKS to remove defects..!!

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: DEFECTED and the BOL&#CKS to remove defects..!! Reply with quote

ok members..."VENTING" here + some did not know info... Suprised (this IS my run in with the f&%kers that know S.F.A in my book..!!

as above. HOW hard is it to buy a stock exhaust when you want one....! Mad
got one (and paid the price ) Sad but it had the rear "muffs" removed and straight pipe fitted..!

I LIKED..! Smile super quite with a little bark to it .....................I thought...!!!

upon trying to clear my exhaust defect , was told the car had to be "REVVED" up to ....4800 RPM..!
and you guessed it.................... STILL over 90 db,s
so had to get some "hot dogs" fitted where the rear muffs were..... Rant and THIS just made the grade..!!
SOOOOOOOOOOO....because modded cars run around at and over 4500 rpm ALL the time ,you CAN be defected cause its to loud..!! BULLSHIT..!

POD FILTER .. I "enclosed this with a bit of kit from "auto barn"..? NO GOOD..! FAIL..!!
I had to hunt all over ozz for a stock air box..! (which by the way makes my car drink MORE fuel than the pod...! )

blow off valve :: I just disconnected this and refitted the plumbing to the stock bov..! NO GOOD..!
not sure why..? but although NOT connected the A/M bov was STILL venting before the stocker would do anything...
Confused so had to remove the f&%ker.

could NOT get enough lift on my bilstein adjustable shocks. so had to fit STOCKERS..! Mad

my turbo timer.......I just "turned off" as soon as "they" pulled me over..!

by all accounts ....."they" told me I HAD oil leaks..? I explained I did have . but was all fixed.
was NOT listening to me.... Mad and done me for this as well..!!
so I got the gurni out and de-greased the WHOLE engine bay. my thanks for this was a blown HID ballast.....and a blown ballast for my passenger light "rings" in my uk lights..!
and these WERE in plastic bags... Sad

I have been told I was "lucky" only because the car looked good..? and well maintained :: ie::
all lights worked/ good tyres / no rust / ect/ect...?
and "they" STILL had/ have no f&%king clue what make/ type of car it is/ was..!!!

NOW ::: the car does handle ok..! (maybe because everything under the car has been replaced )
stock air box WILL come back out..! pod back in.....drinks too much fuel..! Suprised

the BIG surprise here ::: the car IS QUICKER / more RESPONSIVE off the mark to 100 kys... Suprised with the exhaust that is on now..! I cannot play with the "TRC" button like I used too... Nervous

my car WILL be for sale fairly soon....at a "realistic" price..!! Very Happy all the best...nick .
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks major!

i remember i had a stock exhaust with the rear mufflers removed wen i first bought the car, was quiet as shit! i remember aristoman (jamie) had like 7 stock exhausts on his shed...couldnt give them away for free and on ebay they want 250 for them!

i thought they tested the noise @3500rpm with our motors.

bov will vent earlier because theres only a 7psi spring holding it shut, wen u have the line connected to it, you have say full boost (say 15psi) running through that line too, so u have 15psi and 7 psi spring, so u have 22psi holding it shut, by disconnecting that line altogether, u only have 7psi holding it shut. removing it is pretty much the only way of stopping it venting.

pod filter wise the ADR (australian design rules, wat we are governed by) says, pod filters are legal as long as they are fully enclosed and secured to the vehicle.

using a gerni in the engine bay is always a dangerous things, lots of very sensitive electronics.

having alot of bad luck there mate, keep to it, good luck!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS the aristo mr soti. I am building a R33 skyline at the moment..... Nervous

I know , should never have bought the f&%king thing but had a few in my younger years mate, and they ARE a fun car to drive... Very Happy
anyway..... bought a low ky motor for it . (should explain:: bought the CAR in country qld . owner blew it up in 2009 and stuck it in a garage ) then decided to sell it in 2013 ... Smile got under 80 kys on it !
so after fitting the donk and everything else, I noticed the overflow bottle on the rad filling up all the time..? Nervous yep...you guessed it mate, after a comp test.....no 3 piston was down on compression..!

sooooo..rip the head off and have a look see..? the gasket had let go into a water jacket on no 3 .
BUT....was ready to shit itself anyway because there was NO STEP WASHERS on ANY of the head bolts..!!! Confused engine had a warranty .... but don't ask what I got when I told "them" the head gasket was shot..! WILL BE staying clear of that shop in future Nervous

"kudos" motor sport HAS been very helpful with the build this car . by the way . have NO problem with using them at all..!!

so with ALL the shit I have had with cars just lately....am shifting both ASAP..! and buying the wifes pick ..? whatever she wants..... Nervous all the best...nick. Eeek Dance
Squeca
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that NSW police or QLD police?
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"they" were pulling BOTH in and over the pits bloke...!!!! Nervous NSW. & QLD reg cars...!
and were dishing out fines like smarties.... Mad
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunch of revenue raising cunts hey...am sick of police bullshit.

Ive got nothing against cops, ive got federal police and riot squad mates that i live with in my apartment building, both sick cunts, one rides a cbr1000r, the other a 317 maloo respectively, but fuk some of these traffic cops are just out to fuk ppls day up, theres nothing unsafe bout a a fukn pod, or a bov, get fukd!

wat bout the dickhead driving on chopped springs on bump stops with stockies out back and the belts showing? with 7 ppl in the car!

am sick of this anti-hoon bullshit, enthusiasts who legitimately modify their cars safely being targeted.

/end rant.

sorry, days been ok but just hate this shit!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
rhetto
'Mr. Meticulous'

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed X 2..!! Mad

ohhhh....and no points loss on licence .... JUST MONEY FINES..!! Banana Gay
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to rain on your parade mate, but you know the R33 will be 100x worse?

They get pulled over relentlessly, for no reason other than "ooo maybe I can get more money out of you!"
Not a smart car to drive these days, regardless of how fun they might be.
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed totally rusty...!!! but THIS is not a problem my friend on account once finished it IS out of here ....and sold mate..!! Very Happy (got a bloke watching the build and dribbling for the finish..? )

and for what its worth rusty ::: this POS has cost me a fortune in man hours / $$$ to date mate... Suprised

MOST of the parts I have needed I have had to buy / obtain from S.A. rusty , being where I live here peeps have (I am sure ) have forgotten to supply the one thing we look for when buying parts for a car ::::: SERVICE...!!!
no shit. you are treated like a "muppet "..!! as said before , I WOULD give "kudos motorsport" here in qld 10 out of 10 for help on this build..!! Very Happy

BUT....if one was to think you can re-build a R33 GTST on the cheap.........THINK AGAIN..!!!
all the best...nick Eeek Dance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: