Chrome door trims

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAYNUK
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Chrome door trims Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience installing these? I reckon they look nice but my concern is with their quality. the last trim kit I bought was a woodgrain interior stick on kit for my JZZ30, one year later its cracking and starting to seperate from the adhesive tape Nervous

Id rather not put rubbish on my car, so I was hoping someone here may have had experience installing these products before.
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not moi.. piccies of the ones your talking about though?
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent found any yet. ive seen a few kits on ebay for soarers and they look nice in the photo but whether or not theyre any good in real life is another matter.

under a year ago I shelled out over $200 for a woodgrain dash trim for my 1991 Soarer. first time the seller sent was the wrong colour, the second kit they sent back had one piece which didnt fit, but given that I had waited over a month to recieve it I didnt bother returning it. I followed the instructions and stuck it on, not only were the pieces offcut and not matching, but 1 year down the track the plastic "wood" trim has started cracking all over the place and falling off the tape which holds it down.

so yeh im going to be a little more cautious from now on before buying these sorts of things. the chrome strips do look nice though

whether or not they will last under the weather though is another issue...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: