Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me? Reply with quote

Hi guys

I'm quite new here, looking for an Aristo these days caz the 2JZGTE is my favourite engine! Also 4 door, 7 or 9 factory speakers ( I'm not sure abt this one), not cops attention and comfortable, which I think it should be better than a skyline as a daily!

So here are some questions I wanna know abt this car:

I dont know this car much so I read some topics here, and everyone loves their JZS147! But is it actually real reliable on quality overall? Its almost 15 years old for most of them ( I dont want 91~93 model caz they dont have cupholders... Razz ) I dont know if the car has been rooted before, and even its a Lexus, I still heard a lot of people told me that Aristo would always have lots of electronical problems here and there..... Or quality on parts are not good and VERY expensive to repaire or replace.....

So, what u guys think? Hows ur guys' Aristo? I need people's suggestion and experience to tell me what u feel abt this car, and is that possible I keep this car for long term using? ( at least 3 years without problem)

Sorry for my bad english though.... Last but not least, I'm looking for an 2JZGTE around $10~11K, black or sliver, less than 80000km, sunroof, stock, great condition (maybe leather interior if its possible) is it possible to buy Aristo like this? If not, is import one going to make it easier?

Cheers
Richy
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Welcome to the forums!

I recommend looking at this first http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2042

After you've had a squiz at that. check out the cars for sale on this forum.
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richy wrote:
Hey, Welcome to the forums!

I recommend looking at this first http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2042

After you've had a squiz at that. check out the cars for sale on this forum.

Hi mate, thanx for ur super fast reply!

I have read it before I post that topic, caz I just wanna more people reply in my topic and tell me what they actually feel abt their JZS147. Their real expericen if anything wrong happened to their cars before, how much they spend on fixing the problem such such.....

And I start to relise that it maybe much more difficult than I thought to get a low kms, sunroof Aristo for that price......
Miggy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things WILL go wrong, things WILL break but saying that they are very reliable cars just many of them have had a hard life in Japan because they are not too keen on getting there cars serviced and they have been driven hard. My advice to you is get a 97 model completely stock just one that has been used as a family car and with a full service history would be even better! If you can find one like that you will have no problems at all like I said they are very reliable when looked after just like any Toyota. And you can not get a car with this many features and power for a better price, no way at all. Parts don't have to be expensive if you know where to look and by being on this forum we will be able to tell you the best and cheapest place to find parts, we also have an aristo parts guru aka Aristoman that will probably have what you are after or tell you where you can get it.

Right now is not a good time to import and the Aristo price in Australia has dropped allot in price so i would try to find what you are after here first, then only import as a last resort. In my opinion an Aristo is MUCH better then a skyline but it really depends what you are after and by the sounds of it an Aristo would suit you're needs allot better. Also allot less likely to have been thrashed. I would like to see how many skylines are making 500+ reliable engine hp with out any problems like us on unopened engines Very Happy
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two seperate things you must consider here.

Firstly, as far as these cars go, if you wish to just keep it as it is, maintain it and get it working the the way it should, I don't believe that they cost any more than any other Japanese Toyota of its age to own. The problem is though, most of them are not kept in great condition in Japan, mechanically wise. This means that you will most likely find yourself spending a bit getting it up to scratch. This is not the cars fault. Most of the stuff on these cars has never been touched. Which leads me to another point to make, never believe the amount of km the car has done unless it has the service books to prove it. Even then, age still comes into it and an old car that has not been looked after will still be the same no matter whether it has done 150,000km or 300,000km. I hope that makes sense???

Secondly, most people here that talk about the large amount of cash they have thrown at their car have spent it on day to day mechanical stuff and on top of that performance improvements etc.
Don't get this mixed up.

Very Happy The problem is that once you make the decision to enhance your car, both points go hand in hand and blur somewhat in the process.

Chris
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell Miggy! I must learn to hit the Submit key quicker or not bother!!!! Very Happy
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christodav wrote:
Bloody hell Miggy! I must learn to hit the Submit key quicker or not bother!!!! Very Happy

I'm so happy to meet u guys on this forum! and thanx to u guys giving me very helpful suggestion on my topic! Is any of u in SA? I may need to ask some questions when I get my car~

So, is there any web link I can source to buy Aristo, either OZ web or Japanese auction! I try hard on carsales but just cant find things that meet my requirement Sad which is:

Around $10K
Prefer black, but sliver is still ok
Grade 4 or higher
Close to stock
Sunroof
Less then 90000kms

if there is leather interior then its perfect!

Kind regards
ragex
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me? Reply with quote

obelisk0809 wrote:
Hi guys

I'm quite new here, looking for an Aristo these days caz the 2JZGTE is my favourite engine! Also 4 door, 7 or 9 factory speakers ( I'm not sure abt this one), not cops attention and comfortable, which I think it should be better than a skyline as a daily!

I dont know this car much so I read some topics here, and everyone loves their JZS147! But is it actually real reliable on quality overall? Its almost 15 years old for most of them ( I dont want 91~93 model caz they dont have cupholders... Razz ) I dont know if the car has been rooted before, and even its a Lexus, I still heard a lot of people told me that Aristo would always have lots of electronical problems here and there..... Or quality on parts are not good and VERY expensive to repaire or replace.....

So, what u guys think? Hows ur guys' Aristo? I need people's suggestion and experience to tell me what u feel abt this car, and is that possible I keep this car for long term using? ( at least 3 years without problem)

Sorry for my bad english though.... Last but not least, I'm looking for an 2JZGTE around $10~11K, black or sliver, less than 80000km, sunroof, stock, great condition (maybe leather interior if its possible) is it possible to buy Aristo like this? If not, is import one going to make it easier?

Cheers

I imported an aristo, cost me 10-11k 84,000 kms two tone, leather exhaust sunroof, sick rims, and coilovers

here it is here, this is when it was still in japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVzaGNvuaNU
Nigel no-car
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obelisk0809 wrote:

I'm so happy to meet u guys on this forum! and thanx to u guys giving me very helpful suggestion on my topic! Is any of u in SA? I may need to ask some questions when I get my car~

I'm in Adelaide mate. I'm still relatively new to this scene but have owned other imports/performance cars and have spent a bit of time learning what I can on here and happy to help out if I can. And Greenys here...and an alleged guru Wink

And I definitely agree with the above. these guys are on the money Thumbs Up

Last freaked with by Nigel no-car on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 pm; freaked 1 time in total
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me? Reply with quote

ragex wrote:
obelisk0809 wrote:
Hi guys

Cheers

I imported an aristo, cost me 10-11k 84,000 kms two tone, leather exhaust sunroof, sick rims, and coilovers

What a great car man!!! Could u tell me where or who u get it from??? It has everything I want as a JZS147! Cheers!
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel no-car wrote:
I'm in Adelaide mate. I'm still relatively new to this scene but have owned other imports/performance cars and have spent a bit of time learning what I can on here and happy to help out if I can. And Greenys here...and an alleged guru Wink

Thanx mate! Its so nice that u guys are very friendly here!!! The first thing I'm going to do I think its the headunit, will ask some opinion from u guys once I get it!

Best wishes
Greeny
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel no-car wrote:
obelisk0809 wrote:

Alleged Razz I've just had to fix mine, and others too many times.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me? Reply with quote

ragex wrote:
obelisk0809 wrote:
Hi guys

Cheers

Geez thats a nice score and in the perfect colour for an Aristo - two tone pearl Very Happy

Im going to have a crack at your mods:

Blitz Pod
Work Euroline KH Rims (pure sex)
Exhaust hinging my bets on a Apexi or Fujitsubo Legalis R.

Geez thats a nice pickup for the price.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Going to by an Aristo, what u guys can suggest me? Reply with quote

ragex wrote:
obelisk0809 wrote:
Hi guys

Cheers

Geez thats a nice score and in the perfect colour for an Aristo - two tone pearl Very Happy

Im going to have a crack at your mods:

Blitz Pod
Work Euroline KH Rims (pure sex)
Exhaust hinging my bets on a Apexi or Fujitsubo Legalis R.
Nigel no-car
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man you got kissed on the dick with that one! If it had LSD and 320KM dash there'd be almost nothing left to do...except inject 600odd horsepower into it of course Very Happy
Greeny
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genuine 202 Black
Series 2
Had 100,000km service
TRD 320kmh Dash
Mags
Tein Coilovers
Leather
Full Kit
Exhaust
Stereo
Nigel no-car
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeny wrote:

Genuine 202 Black
Series 2
Had 100,000km service
TRD 320kmh Dash
Mags
Tein Coilovers
Leather
Full Kit
Exhaust
Stereo
Yeah but where's your video Very Happy plus with the kit, you're down on points *runsandhides* Razz

But seriously, how good an idea is videoing a car you want to sell and throwing a youtube link or embed on the ad? Thats awesome...so simple, I can't believe I never thought of it...

/off topic rant

Last freaked with by Nigel no-car on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 pm; freaked 1 time in total
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeny wrote:

Genuine 202 Black
Series 2
Had 100,000km service
TRD 320kmh Dash
Mags
Tein Coilovers
Leather
Full Kit
Exhaust
Stereo

Hi mate, I think I told u that I'm coming to ur place and have a look of the stereo right? It should happen this weekend~ I will call u this weekend~

Cheers
obelisk0809
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel no-car wrote:
yeah man you got kissed on the dick with that one! If it had LSD and 320KM dash there'd be almost nothing left to do...except inject 600odd horsepower into it of course Very Happy

Yeah, I do think that car is sooooo cheap for its value! Any Aristo I can find with sunroof and leather in that kms would cost close as twice as that!
Warfare
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $13.5k complied. Add 800 stamp duty.

Silver Series 2
Sunroof
LSD
No leather, but it had cupholders at least!
56,000kms with books (and anti-tamper odometer Smile)
pretty much mint inside and out until it got put on a boat and dockies got shit on my seats
17" WedsSport rims

Hasn't missed a beat so far, but I am replacing various suspension bits. Change oil every 5000 kms - but that's a given for any car you actually care about. Spent 10k on random bits n bobs - a warning, it is very very easy to spend money on these cars because they're quite easy to mod and take to it very well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: