Sold my Aristo?!?!

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Sold my Aristo?!?! Reply with quote

the one listed here:

http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ended up selling it with replacement valve stem seals (in the box)
New engine belt (alternator, power steering, etc)
chrome rims and stockies.
second set of front windows...
coilovers, but no stock suspension, and pretty much everything else listed in the ad!

had to put 3 months rego on it, and put $30 worth of petrol in it...

ended up getting $3750...

but it's GONE! (and this should help reduce the market value of all your other Aristos Razz )

I basically got $350 for the chromies, $230 for rego, and $30 for petrol, plus I'd spent $130 on valve stem seals and belt... also the second set of windows cost me $100... means I got $2900 for the car... screw you all!

It would have owned me about $16,000...
Forsaken
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprised Suprised Suprised Suprised

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold it to HIM!
http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11417&highlight=
Richy
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the? I don't even.
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm? what?

I had someone else come look at it, with a pricetag of $3500 with stock rims...

he then went a priced a replacement engine...

I had another guy wanting to buy it so he could cut it apart to fix his bent chassis...

And another guy who wanted to turn it into a drag car, which I would have loved, but never got back to me...

At the end of the day, it had been for sale since 7th November last year... 9 months...
I'd taken $5500 out of my "house deposit" account to buy my current car (2005 Falcoon wagon) and am currently living at my parents house, with three cars, nowhere to park them, and not enough house deposit yet...

so, it had to go... simple!
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No money in these cars can promise you, tho only if you get lucky like me about 4 times in the last 2yrs and buy some deadset bargains and bring the cars back from the brink.

House all the way can always comeback to cars at a later date.
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a house, I would have probably kept the Aristo and worked on it...
but my parents have been rather tolerant of their carport being full of Aristo off and on for the past year...

Now I can work on my Laser! Razz

Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should've kept the Aristo after all Nervous
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:
Should've kept the Aristo after all Nervous

the laser doesn't blow smoke, have faded paint, or attract the slightest bit of attention from police... Wink

And has been a lot more fun to work on!

christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, from that picture, it looks like you Aristo may have been a piece of crap compared to other examples - just by looking at the bonnet.

You can't just say that every Aristo is worth $x. There are too many factors involved.
Remember this. The newest JZS147 is 15 years old or there abouts - the oldest is 21 years old!
So, I guess, a car at over 15 years old really isn't something most people want to get too involved in at over $10,000, let's face reality for a moment.

My Aristo cost me $20k in 2007- it's now more than 5 years on.

Bottom line is that at the lower end, now I would guess $4k and at the high end, $12k? It's not rocket science.

Chris
Kenztt
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit paint doesnt mean piece of shit. with new vss, and a coat of paint, this aristo could be a very nice car. the interior is mint after some meguiars action, and inside the rocker covers is as clean as ive seen, which we all know is a good indication of servicing once the sludge is there its almost impossible to get rid of without a screwdriver and vacuum lol. the engine has no rattle or mechanical noises. with the dodgy trc now sorted it hauls big time. the trans shifts perfectly and the 3k stall is a tight bonus as is the factory a01b. you never get your money back for the work you put in. james done a good job installing the lighting and various cables through out the car, you would never guess the dash has been pulled. the engine bay is very tidy.
i originally bought the car for the engine, to do a conversion from 1j to 2j in my jzz30 but after driving the car 500+ i decided theres no way im ripping it up. ill get another 2j for the soarer. the paint really gives a faulse impression of the car, it seems to drive very nice and tight no rattles or bangs, surprising considering the coil overs. ive been playing with and modifying cars for some time, and i know when you get over a project the shine comes off what was your pride and joy you just get sick of it. but anyway james, its gone to a good home bud, shes getting some tlc now. ill keep you posted.
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, you got a great deal then. As I said, too many factors and finding the right buyer. Best of luck with it all, I think you'll have heaps of enjoyment with it.
Non-mainstream cars are always gunna be more difficult to sell when it come time to sell.
As far as the bonnet goes, well dude, to get it re-sprayed is gunna cost a minimum $500- at a spray shop? It's a BIG consideration when buying a car for most people. I was just saying that it would turn alot of people off purchasing the vehicle.

James, just because you spent a heap of money on a car does not mean that the Aristo in particular is a bad car. It's basically boils down to a decision you made turned sour. 99% of the time, a car is not an asset. Too bad James - live and let die.

James, may you go in peace and enjoy your Mazda. We will go ahead and screw ourselves all night long.

Chris Banana Gay
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a bad car... I loved it!
But totally impractical for me, and the type of things I use a car for...

There's a small stain on the back seat from a VL engine head... and an oil smear between the front seats from the fuel lines for the Laser...

As I said when I sold it, as far as I was aware, there was nothing mechanically majorly wrong with it... But when the" no turbos for P platers" law came in, a rough exterior, turbo car, became almost unsaleable.

It still always felt so much nicer when climbing into the seat, than the BA Falcon does, and I love the sound of the exhaust, it's deep, but not overly loud, and perfectly legal Wink

Nevertheless! I still enjoyed working on the Laser more! It's just easier, more straight forward...

First time the Laser turbo engine had been started in over a year :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sV8rDt_vc Embarassed

christodav wrote:

As far as the bonnet goes, well dude, to get it re-sprayed is gunna cost a minimum $500- at a spray shop? It's a BIG consideration when buying a car for most people. I was just saying that it would turn alot of people off purchasing the vehicle.

It's not just the bonnet, it's pretty much the entire car.
The roof is the same, the front and rear bumpers had scuffs when I first got the car from Japan, some of which have been touched up with black paint... :/

Pretty much why I was over it... never resprayed a car before, nowhere to tackle it myself, and realistically $3000 - $5000 to get someone else to spray it, which would then potentially increase the value of the car to $8000 - $10,000...

If I was the new owner, I wouldn't bother respraying it... keep it mechanically sound, it's the cheapest Aristo ever, sure, it's the roughest too, but that doesn't make it any less fun to drive, and lets face it, if it had a nice paint job, you'd be afraid of going to the shops, or getting it dirty :p
Kenztt
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey james got rid of the stains bud. just gonna get it resprayed in the original colour with some pearl added. the fact that its just oxidisation and peeling clear coat means its only a basic respray needed. i have a large air comp and a few hvlp guns but ive only done resprays in acrylic. acrylics not good for daily drivers its not durable at all.
btw loving the sleeper hatchback...more details? whats going on under that bonnet Confused
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ups from me mate wanting to revive the car to its former glory, i myself now look to buy unloved Aristos and restore them to
there former glory aswell because in the past ive wrecked many a Aristo (4) due to them being shitboxes...

Look fwd to the progress on the car & with time effort / TLC it'll all be worth it.
James123
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenztt wrote:

btw loving the sleeper hatchback...more details? whats going on under that bonnet Confused

did you see the front mount intercooler when you saw the car in person? Wink

KYB shocks
Kingsprings
SR20 stock rims
Nolathane Bushes
Whiteline rear swaybar
B6T engine
EFI fuel tank and lines
Front Mount Intercooler
2.5inch Exhaust
Adjustable steering column
Turbo front brakes
Rear disc brakes
Transmission cooler (yes, its still auto)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: