So i hit the dyno today with my $734 of 'performance' mods.

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: So i hit the dyno today with my $734 of 'performance' mods. Reply with quote

Had had a bit more of a tinker with the Aristo over the past 2 weeks and thought i'd take it to a local dyno comp (GT Rydaz club dyno day).

Didnt expect to see much over 300rwhp so was pretty impressed to see 356rwhp / 265rwkw for such basic/cheap mods.

Pic of the outright power, AFR's and Boost.

And small crappy video.

Run was on 18psi & had to be loaded up high in the rev range so it didnt kick back to 2nd (1st dyno pass it kicked back).... would have prefered had the dyno operator loaded it up more at lower revs (but not enough to kickback) but no problems either way (may have probably helped my AFR's if it was run this way though as on the street AFR's are spot on).

I'm think going to turn it back down to 15-16psi (made 256rwkw on 16psi, with good AFR's) for the street.... and probably look at replacing the stock fuel pump somewhere down the track before i wick the boost up again & take it to the drags.

So now i've got it out of my system, i'm gunna get stuck into my Skyline now Very HappyVery Happy
1999 Subaru Impreza WRX - VF28, FMIC, exhaust - For sale
manual
'6spd Wannabe'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what mods exactly??
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome man, what about a shift kit?? and to the 1/4 mile?
Blitz ECU and BPU, all cuts removed. 1.2bar! fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZSXocOxik <-BURNOUT!

1989 Kawasaki ZXR250 (ZX-2R)
19000rpm goodnesss
greennick
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manual wrote:
So what mods exactly??

http://www.jzs147.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noice..
Saw this on performance forums!
Gotta be happy with that! :p
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Jon Smile

Minimal mods for maximum gain !

Hopefully once you get the fuel pump sorted you'll be aiming for low 13's - high 12's ?
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh i think its more like low 12s to mid 12s with that power figure...

what power figures are the stock fuel pump good for anyways?

PS, was this done it TTC mode?
Blitz ECU and BPU, all cuts removed. 1.2bar! fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZSXocOxik <-BURNOUT!

1989 Kawasaki ZXR250 (ZX-2R)
19000rpm goodnesss
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty awsome, so thats a basic figure we should all be hopin to achieve Smile
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great figure. I'm finding the graph a little hard to read, it looks like most of your power you had AFR's in the 13.9 - 13.0 range - is that right?
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's right, i think it had something to do with how he ramped it up though (very quickly from high revs).

Whether the stock ECU tune for seq (was run in TTC) or sensor placement in the exhaust. From my testing on the street with a wide band AFR meter my car runs 14.7:1 up until 8-9psi then pretty spot on AFR's everywhere else.

So moving forward looks like an adjustable fuel reg (as much as i hate them) & fuel pump might solve the lean hole (if punched at high revs in top gear).... But that said we ran it up on 16psi and made 256rwkw with good AFR's which leads me to believe the pump could be on its way out (however the dyno operator did load it up more progressively so who really knows).

Last freaked with by psi999 on Mon May 28, 2007 9:56 am; freaked 1 time in total
Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psi999 wrote:
Yeah that's right, i think it had something to do with how he ramped it up though (very quickly from high revs).

Whether the stock ECU tune for seq (was run in TTC) or sensor placement in the exhaust. From my testing on the street with a wide band AFR meter my car runs 14.7:1 up until 8-9psi then pretty spot on AFR's everywhere else.

So moving forward looks like an adjustable fuel reg (as much as i hate them) & fuel pump might solve the lean hole (if punched at high revs in top gear).... both still fairly cheap items Very Happy

You've bypassed the fuel pump ecu so it runs the higher voltage at all times?
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:

So moving forward looks like an adjustable fuel reg (as much as i hate them) & fuel pump might solve the lean hole (if punched at high revs in top gear).... both still fairly cheap items Very Happy

na, but we did put a multimeter on the wiring that leads to the pump.... under WOT and boost the pump is receiving full power.... but you could be correct in that the fuel pump computer may be not ramping up quick enough for how it was run on the dyno.

Looks like i have some investigating to do.
Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:

na, but we did put a multimeter on the wiring that leads to the pump.... under WOT and boost the pump is receiving full power.

14.7:1 though! That's pretty bad! maybe try the bypass and see how you go then?
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:

na, but we did put a multimeter on the wiring that leads to the pump.... under WOT and boost the pump is receiving full power.

It ran 14.7:1 stock in seq mode, thats what they are supposed to do standard up until 8ish psi boost.... i reckon it runs full closed loop until this point.

At a guess Toyota did this for fuel consumption reasons, imagine how thirsty an Aristo would be if it dumped in fuel every time the car hit boost... no one could afford to drive it..... perhaps this is why the 2JZGTE is so strong, built to run 'fairly lean' until you get stuck into it.

I have heard that stock, ignition advance for the first 8-9psi in seq mode is very limited (and this is about the only gain you will get in an aftermarket ECU).
Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:

It ran 14.7:1 stock in seq mode, thats what they are supposed to do standard up until 8ish psi boost.... i reckon it runs full closed loop until this point.

At a guess Toyota did this for fuel consumption reasons, imagine how thirsty an Aristo would be if it dumped in fuel every time the car hit boost... no one could afford to drive it..... perhaps this is why the 2JZGTE is so strong, built to run 'fairly lean' until you get stuck into it.

I have heard that stock, ignition advance for the first 8-9psi in seq mode is very limited (and this is about the only gain you will get in an aftermarket ECU).

so any/all 2jzgte would be running this kind of AFR at that point?
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:
nakedterror wrote:
psi999 wrote:

so any/all 2jzgte would be running this kind of AFR at that point?

i've seen mine and my mates so far run the same (on the street with a WB meter)... unless your oxygen sensor is rooted then they will run RICH as.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: