Help me choose my wheels~!

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Help me choose my wheels~! Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have been hassling everyone over offsets and now i have pretty much chosen them i am second guessing my wheel choice! :confused:

My current favourite is the red accented DTX. The accenting costs another $560AUD to do. If i get option 1 or 3 without the accenting i can use this money i save to EMS the wheels over within a few days, depending on availability... otherwise it will be around 3 months by sea

I have a the below GS300:

I am trying to choose between the following:

- Trafficstar DTX in Polish

- Trafficstar DTX with Red accents (body colour, pic is not the right red)

- Trafficstar STR in Black polish

- Other?

Please throw your opinion up, would be interested to see what others think.

here is a white Aristo on DTX:

here is a dodgey as photochop if it in red to give an idea. i didnt do the accents on the wheels cause they looked crap and didnt help the visualising much!

[/img]

Last freaked with by ant_jzs160 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:45 pm; freaked 1 time in total
Greeny
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trafficstar DTX in Polish IMO, gonna look tuff.
xscape
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not get the one with the red accents.. its almost rice Smile
VIP300
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were dead keen on the DTX's. I guess it depens what VIP style your leaning more towards, if your going for the full luxury pimp look, I say DTX or if your going for VIP with a hint of sportyness then STR.

Either way, IMO both wheels will look sex in the right size & offsets Very Happy

As for me, I'm still waiting on the eurolines. I heard it's in transit so I'm hoping next week Very Happy
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the input guys.

xscape - haha i sortof thought that until i received my September issue of VIPstyle from Japan. the cover car is like a british racing green colour with Weds wheels with the spokes painted black and the dish painted the same colour green as the car. the in the Feature car 'debut' there is a couple of cars which are red that have black and red wheels. Then there is a like 10page Wheel Feature ALL about what different colouring options that every manufacturer offers! Its the 'in' thing in japan at the mo.

VIP300 - i was, but then Dominik off VSC this aussie dude who regularly goes to Japan & has been in 'the scene' for years and years reckoned he didnt like it & it was a bit 'DUB', and i did some googling and looking at some DUB cars and i guess it may end up looking that way, which is definately not what i want! So i thought id throw it up for some opinions..

problem is ive posted this on 3 forums now (VSC, Club Lexus US, and here) and i would honestly say the split it 33.33% to each! its pretty much dead even!!

i think ill just be different and go the red accents like i thought, if its all the same then why not break the mould a bit? Razz
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't like the DTX's.. i'm not sure what you mean by DUB, but i don't like the look of wheels with large amounts of sorta flat metal making up the base. But that's just me Smile
I understand they do look great on some cars, and that white Aristo you posted is pretty damn nice. The problem I think you'll find is you're going to need to run that kind of massively lowered & camber profile to make it look good, and it's just not going to work on the street..

As for the Red accenting, i'm not a fan again. If you like it tho, and it's the in thing over there and you wanna go for that then sure. But i think it will faze out just as it fazed in and then in 2 years it will look a bit ricer Razz

So yeh, my pick is the STR's. But it's your car man, you're the one that's gotta be happy with it. After you've gone through so much settling on the DTX's and then you change ur mind and get something else, you'll always want the DTX's again Razz So i think you should probably just go get the red DTX's and be happy Wink
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty P - Yeah DUB is sortof just huge ass wheels that look disproportionate to the car, just trying to get real big wheels on a car. Full face wheels can end up looking DUB if not done right. DUB is like Pimp My Ride type stuff haha

so true on the wanting the DTX over and over... BUT saying that i jumped ship to VS-XX on my last car after never intending to get them and they worked perfectly... ive now gone right back to the drawing board and have these new options getting priced:

Lock Smice Gerade Polish

Weds Kranze LXZ Black Polish

SSR Vienna Noble Polish

And on the maybe list to get priced later...

Lock Smice Valore Silver

Rays Black Fleet V810 Black Polish

Confused
gta_1024
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the spokes on aristos so my vote defiantly goes with the 'Lock Smice Valore Silver' they will look fucking awesome
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha they're a pretty sweet looking wheel, the only downer for me is even in the aggressive offsets im looking at (+19/+1Cool they have, 1.6" dish front, 2.3" dish rear?!? lame..

im leaning toward the Gerades.. they have the same sweet offsets, reasonable amount of dish (around 2.5" front 3" rear), should be very well priced, and also should be off-the-shelf because the colour and offsets i want are right off their charts
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gerades are much better imho! Awesome pick Very Happy

Photoshop them onto your car?
lysdexia
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polished DTXs or bust.

You just lost the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a white one with a kit on the LockSmice website with the gerades..

510ONE
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get something with spokes and the spokes start from the lip but ends up sinkin in at the center where the wheel nuts go. that will look nice Smile like i think new 7 series bmws come with something like dat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: