Touch Up Paint

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuGZoR
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Touch Up Paint Reply with quote

Hey boys and girls,

There's a few blemishes on my 'risto that won't come out with polish, mainly because it looks like they've been dodgily touched up before, so was wondering what peoples experience is with using touch up paint with the Aristo colours? Mine's a '94 with "199" silver, and I found one of those PowerPlus (I think?) "brush n spray" cans to suit that colour. Wanted to know if anyone had used this product before, if it was any good, or further more if someone knows of a method to touch up that does work and is a good match.

Thanks. Very Happy
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used black nailpolish on the Supra and have used it on lil stone chips etc on the Aristo and it seems to do the job...
But i guess its eaiser doing something like that on a colour i can match fairly easy enough Smile
havent needed to try anything else like what you've mentioned before though...
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother in law is a panel beater and i got 500ml of black 202 paint which i touch up stone chips once a week with just a normal small paintbrush like kids use. looks fine until you are about a foot away
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be very care full spraying touch-up paint in my experience.

Don't forget, that you will probably find that you will also require a can of clear coat if you use that can! Read the instructions.

Also, be carefull where you use it as even though it mat be 199, the colour will not match perfectly unless you get a colour match. This can be done by taking say your fuel door down to the paint shop for them to match the colour.

I am no expert, but you don't want it ending in tears. All I am sayin is be very careful.

The little brush and bottle the others were talking about is a different story and fills in small stone chips, really to prevent rust etc.

Chris
Davidian
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at one stage Honda were going to get us to manufacture a touch up kit for all their top range cars, it was for stone chips and had 3 'pens', a primer, basecoat and clearcoat. They gave away the idea because it was going to be too expensive and it wasnt the best finish. Im sure there are similar products around that you can get your hands on. Unfortunately nothing will look as good as getting the whole panel resprayed, which is going to be the best bet in the long run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: