these wheels...

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Static
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: these wheels... Reply with quote

what would people think of these on a lowered aristo??

i want a set of bronze ones on a black aristo +

this kit...

what you think it would look like?? I think alright too bad i don't have that much money for it.
FIRSTROUND
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need uber stretch tyres... they would need to be phat as rims atleast 11" rear.. but i think it would look pretty sick

and yeah offset so its just sitting on the guards ... nice choice dude ... something different to all the dish!
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kit?

i like those exsol but theyre too weak on the offsets and prob too small. 17s are too small, 18s are arguably too small for an aristo especially if you have a kit because you wont be able to go low enough to fill up the guards properly.

also, in 18s those wheels have weak offsets + widths. the pics on the site would be the 17x9.5 +15s and maybe even spacers.

if you went the 18x9 +30 all round, you would probably want about 5-10mm spacer up front and 20mm rear. i guess you could get away with the fronts at 9 +30 if you just run like -1 or so of camber and not too much stretch. say 235/35s all round.
FIRSTROUND
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed

koya D-tek's have uber offsets and width... but i can kinda c where your going with the spokes would look good
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, probably wants something different. i noticed on the Uras site theyve discontinued the Uras NS-01s (the original D-Teks!)
FIRSTROUND
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta give it to koya tho... they do some awsome rip off's
my R1's are originaly racing hart. there selection of wheels is fantastic was hard to choose

if ur looking for something diff

http://www.yhi.com.au/wheels?id=42&task=detail&wheel=gtc01

i wish
Static
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i had no idea about wheels i just like the look of them lolz... i see def when i get the aristo will have to get a test fit to see what it going to look like first. oh the kit was the VP kit.

so with wheels whats the best off set / size i would want for a kitted and lowered aristo?? something very simialr design to the one at the top.
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all personal preference really, depends how low you drive, how much tyre stretch you want to run, how much camber you're willing to run and how much guard work you want to do.

if you can handle rolling the guards, stretching tyres, and a couple deg of camber something like 19x9 +25-30 and 19x10 +25-30 is a nice setup.

the problem you're going to have is finding nice monoblocks (one piece) rims like the ones you posted in aggressive sizes. they generally just dont come like that since theyre just one peice cast. thats why you get multi piece and dished rims so they can make the wheels out of multiple pieces allowing a great freedom to create offsets and widths.

have a look around though, you probably wont find much at your local tyre and wheel shop but check overseas sites etc.
pip147
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant_jzs160 wrote:
what kit?

i like those exsol but theyre too weak on the offsets and prob too small. 17s are too small, 18s are arguably too small for an aristo especially if you have a kit because you wont be able to go low enough to fill up the guards properly.

also, in 18s those wheels have weak offsets + widths. the pics on the site would be the 17x9.5 +15s and maybe even spacers.

if you went the 18x9 +30 all round, you would probably want about 5-10mm spacer up front and 20mm rear. i guess you could get away with the fronts at 9 +30 if you just run like -1 or so of camber and not too much stretch. say 235/35s all round.

i beg to differ =P i run 18's that do a decent job of filling the guards with a kit =p but in saying that i can no longer go anywhere with speed bumps lol
Static
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey can you show us some pics of the car? and whats the width of your wheel that fills the the gaurds??
pip147
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18x9.5 +18 all round
look in my members ride thread for pics of fitment
ant_jzs160
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah does look pretty good, but like you say to fill the arches and have a kit you end up really low and not everyone is willing to go that low! and your front arch still looks like it has a bit of a gap. 19s i guess make it easier to lower and have a kit and not need to be like 1" from the ground haha

if you are hardcore enough it can work!
pip147
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my front was scrubbing on full lock and ripping out wires only reason its not lower haha if i didnt slide it then yeah 19's would be much easier/more practical lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: