Piezo Mirrors.

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidian
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Piezo Mirrors. Reply with quote

So i got a set of piezo mirrors off a 96 model aristo, my car is a 96 too. I go to put them in, and the plug loom is different! The piezo mirrors are like 12 pin and the stock ones in there are 7 pin.

Any ideas what is going on?
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra wires will be for the heater and sonic functions.

You may need to make your own loom up.
Davidian
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so after a lot of swearing and pulling things apart and putting them back together, i have come to the conclusion that there is more than 1 door loom in S2 aristos.

There is no 'optional' plug for the piezo mirrors to plug into in the door. Therefore it must use a different loom that comes from somewhere back in the cabin to control the mirrors. Which is something i find hard to believe, but there it is.

It's almost as stupid as if you want a sunroof with your car they have to put a new loom in, because the stock loom doesnt have the plugs for the sunroof.

WTF Toyota, WTF?
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota do that for all their cars.

You get customized wiring looms depending on your options on each particular vehicle. Unlike Nissans etc where everyone gets the same loom, and you just lack the components if you don't have the option.

Yes, piezo mirrors have different plugs to the non-heater ones. You will need to hack your old one and splice the wires (I'm pretty sure that's what I did). Alternatively, pull the whole thing apart and isolate the piezo unit and ditch in, swap the parts to get the moving bit from your old one and the rest from the new one.
Well, actually, that would then depend on the reason you're switching the mirror?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: