fcd question??

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
risto
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: fcd question?? Reply with quote

hey all, just a quick question, with out a fcd how hi can my boost reach, with zorst, fmc, and pod filter?? if it hits fuel cut what psi would this be?? i have a mate how tells me he's hitting around 17 psi?? with out a fcd, then the car hits fuel cut?? should it be gettin this hi with out a fcd instailed??
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Technically the cut is brought in by the amount of air flowing in CFM, not psi.

This is why some people are hitting cut on their Silvia's running 18 psi on standard turbo, but when they upgrade the turbo they hit the same cut at 14psi, because the larger turbo is more efficient flowing that amount of air, the air is cooler and more dense.

As for the Aristo, running standard turbos, I'd reckon it was more like 14psi where the cut is, I know of cars hitting the cut with exhaust only. Could your mate have a dodgy boost guage?
aristobenno
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hows it going?

Ive also got a question related to this topic.

Im getting my car dyno tuned soon, however I want to sort out the boost cut before I get it done. I was just wondering the best way to go about it. Obviously the cheap way would be to get a fuel cut defender to eliminate it, however Im just a little skeptical as to whether it would make the car run too lean or whatever after it is running higher boost. This is my main concern, and in you guys opinion, would it be better to get something such as an apexi SAFC 2? Or is it possible for the tuner to up the fuel pressure to suit the higher boost once the FCD is on?
At this stage I doubt I will be doing more performance mods in the near future, just want it to run quick, safe and reliable...

I hope that made sense!

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Ben
xscape
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my advice would be to go with the FCD and get them to check out the ratios while on the dyno.
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCD is your cheapest option. But then you can't tune your car, the mixtures are controlled by the rising rate fuel regulator.

That wont stop you from boosting your car though, and if you don't plan on going too far it shouldn't be an issue.

Your other option is to go an aftermarket ECU, like a MINES or some of the others out there. They have the fuel cut removed, but you can use these in conjunction with an AFC and tune all you like.

Fair cost difference though, ~$60 for a FCD, vs ~$800 for a MINES ECU.
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a Mines ECU on Yahoo Japan now for sale.

Sorry, didn't grab the link last night but if your interested just go to the thread under Rampants topic and find it there.

JV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: