Taking off wiper arms?

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss_jzs147
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Taking off wiper arms? Reply with quote

What a pain in the a$$ these are on the Aristo.
Any advice or hint's from fellow Aristo owner's on taking off the wiper arms and blades for re-spraying?
They all seem to arrive in a dodgy condition from Japan and require freshening up.

Also, where do I get replacement blades (rubber inserts) from and what type?
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking off wiper arms? Reply with quote

miss_jzs147 wrote:
What a pain in the a$$ these are on the Aristo.
Any advice or hint's from fellow Aristo owner's on taking off the wiper arms and blades for re-spraying?
They all seem to arrive in a dodgy condition from Japan and require freshening up.

Also, where do I get replacement blades (rubber inserts) from and what type?

Not sure about the inserts. I haven't have to change mine yet, however, just take one to an auto place and they will match it for you. For example Repco, Autobarn etc.

Get yourself a can of black paint, a piece of sandpaper, a roll of masking tape and a newspaper.
I did mine on the car! As long as you are careful and patient and put LOTS of paper down, you should be fine.

Chris

PS: Like you, I tried taking the arms off, but for fear of breaking them I did the above. Very Happy
2JZNOSHT
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can be tricky to get off but with a little patience its no worries... Undo the nut holding them on and then lift from not only the arm but also the section which goes around the bolt. Hard to explain but i did this method and used a flathead screwdriver to help lift the section around the bolt...

Did that make sense ?

Also ive fitted PIAA wipers to the factory arms and they are the best i have ever used by far... Highly recommended!

Black...19's...Dished Hard... Slammed... Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sbyder
'Mr. Lemon'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it not really hard at all... Confused
Turn your wiper arm switch to make your wiper arms come onto the windscreen.
Undo the nuts until they're nearly off, grab the arms and pull it upwards. They should "break their seal" and come off fairly easy. Having the nuts still on there will also stop you from getting hit in the face when they come loose.

hope it helps
Ben
RCN Compliance Centre
East Coast Compliance

....Website coming soon....
manual
'6spd Wannabe'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbyder wrote:
Having the nuts still on there will also stop you from getting hit in the face when they come loose.

Goes to work on monday with a black eye - what happened to you ... The aristo slapped me in the face ... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: