crap idle and engine power cut.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a Blitz that its happening on too Sad

Would be fine until the car is warm then start a constant misfire..

Is your misfire random or a constant one every 2 seconds or so?
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappo wrote:
Mine is a Blitz that its happening on too Sad

Would be fine until the car is warm then start a constant misfire..

Is your misfire random or a constant one every 2 seconds or so?

its random! its sometimes worse than other times. what puzzles me is, when the car turns a corner, out of the corner, theres like no power for a few seconds. Its got a good 30-40L or so in the tank. Maybe ill get some injector cleaner too.
Blitz ECU and BPU, all cuts removed. 1.2bar! fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZSXocOxik <-BURNOUT!

1989 Kawasaki ZXR250 (ZX-2R)
19000rpm goodnesss
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swapped it to the stock ECU, still the same!

off to autopro to get some spark plugs

19000rpm goodnesss
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got some new plugs, and thats not the problem!

noticed this more frequently now. out of a 90 degree turn, there is like no power, as if car dies down, for 2 or so seconds.

Fuel pump?

walbro gs or bosch 044?

19000rpm goodnesss
mxracer
'Mr. MotoX'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam you got me stumped too now..
Chappo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its definitely a fuel starvation issue..

Does it do it with a full tank?
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappo wrote:
So its definitely a fuel starvation issue..

Does it do it with a full tank?

i had just under half a tank when i started. didnt really do it till just above the 1/4 mark. maybe problem solved?

i did notice when i changed the fuel filter, is that there was some brown jelly looking muck! hope this shit isnt in my fuel pump filter.

so now time to choose a fuel pump..
the walbro is good for 300rwkw, so i'll most likely buy that. I already did the 12v mod, so i dont want to hear the loud bosch 044 which will be overkill for my application.

Any idea what kit to get when buying the walbro?

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its occurring around corners i'd put it down to 2 things...

fuel pump being clogged (doesnt explain why its worse around corners)
or its a sensor which isnt plugged in/bad connection somewhere, you checked the TPS? CAS?
you've already checked the map sensors source but is it plugged in properly?

pull codes, it 'should' tell you if its a sensor problem, on the 12v bypass, when you have done it (also depends how youve done it) if the car is off and the ignition is on (and the pump is too) you should be able to hear it whining away in the boot, it should also be making a 'whooshing' noise at the rail....if it isnt making the noise, it could mean the pump is foobared.....but if you hooked it up so its only running when the motor is on, you should be able to hear it buzzing away in the boot!

otherwise, its just as stupid and bad as my fuel pump cutting out issue, which i have found out why its occurring, sorta, i know where the water is coming in, but not sure exactly what it was shorting out.

dam electrical problems are gay!

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:

or its a sensor which isnt plugged in/bad connection somewhere, you checked the TPS? CAS?

pull codes, it 'should' tell you if its a sensor problem, on the 12v bypass, when you have done it (also depends how youve done it) if the car is off and the ignition is on (and the pump is too) you should be able to hear it whining away in the boot, it should also be making a 'whooshing' noise at the rail....if it isnt making the noise, it could mean the pump is foobared.....but if you hooked it up so its only running when the motor is on, you should be able to hear it buzzing away in the boot!

otherwise, its just as stupid and bad as my fuel pump cutting out issue, which i have found out why its occurring, sorta, i know where the water is coming in, but not sure exactly what it was shorting out.

maybe the fuel pump isnt operating properly, and when the car goes around the corner, the fuel in the tank moves to one side starving the fuel pump? OR it could be a loose connection in fuel tank that is being agitated by the movement of fuel inside the tank?

i pulled codes several times, nothing at all. So that rules out sensors? Checked the Map sensor too.

i did the 12v mod with relay,so not the dodgy way where the pump has constant 12v.

ive changed nearly everything on the ignition side, plugs,clips, coilpacks.

fuelling side of things, ive done the fuel filter... next up is the walbro!
could it be blocked injectors?

even swapped from a blitz to a stock ecu.

i hope its the fuel pump, this is really annoying me. costing money and time to find this problem, when i should be trying to get my other car on the track! grrr

where is the water coming from? and which fuel pump related electrical terminals are shorting because of it?

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknoboi wrote:
Woggin wrote:

maybe the fuel pump isnt operating properly, and when the car goes around the corner, the fuel in the tank moves to one side starving the fuel pump? OR it could be a loose connection in fuel tank that is being agitated by the movement of fuel inside the tank?

i pulled codes several times, nothing at all. So that rules out sensors? Checked the Map sensor too.

i did the 12v mod with relay,so not the dodgy way where the pump has constant 12v.

i hope its the fuel pump, this is really annoying me. costing money and time to find this problem, when i should be trying to get my other car on the track! grrr

where is the water coming from? and which fuel pump related electrical terminals are shorting because of it?

if it was starving the fuel pump more people would be having issues with it, thats wats making me think something other than starvation, it could be something else causing the starvation though.

the water, is coming in via the blower unit (at the top where it joins the the ambient air inlet, not sure why it is leaking but yea, it soaks the connectors next to the ecu....duno wat pins though, i took all the connectors apart, blew them all wit ~100psi compressed air put it all back together still did it....so not sure exactly wat was getting affected, but it seemed to be a ground short of some sort, because as soon as the door light came on, fuel pump cut out....push the button with my finger, all good, as soon as it was released, bam fuel pump cut out!

92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
teknoboi wrote:
Woggin wrote:

if it was starving the fuel pump more people would be having issues with it, thats wats making me think something other than starvation, it could be something else causing the starvation though.

the water, is coming in via the blower unit (at the top where it joins the the ambient air inlet, not sure why it is leaking but yea, it soaks the connectors next to the ecu....duno wat pins though, i took all the connectors apart, blew them all wit ~100psi compressed air put it all back together still did it....so not sure exactly wat was getting affected, but it seemed to be a ground short of some sort, because as soon as the door light came on, fuel pump cut out....push the button with my finger, all good, as soon as it was released, bam fuel pump cut out!

if the fuel pump was faulty to begin with. ie pumped lower rates than stock, would the fuel moving in the tank exacerbate the problem ?

man, electrical problems SUCK! especially when the ecu isnt spitting out any codes... oh wait, would the blitz ecu spit out error codes like the stock ecu?!

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknoboi wrote:

sort of, just means if it is a sensor, it hasnt given such an erratic reading that the computer thinks theres something wrong.

having tried out a stock ecu rules out ecu....could be a body loom problem(wouldnt explain the cornering thing), but lets focus on the fuel pump for now!

ill talk to my mate that works @ Automasters across the road from you, maybe i can get him to let us borrow the hoist for an hour or so to help try n diagnose wats goin on!

but it could well be the fuel pump! good thing its not too hard to get to!

92 r32 gtst daily

teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
teknoboi wrote:

sort of, just means if it is a sensor, it hasnt given such an erratic reading that the computer thinks theres something wrong.

having tried out a stock ecu rules out ecu....could be a body loom problem(wouldnt explain the cornering thing), but lets focus on the fuel pump for now!

ill talk to my mate that works @ Automasters across the road from you, maybe i can get him to let us borrow the hoist for an hour or so to help try n diagnose wats goin on!

but it could well be the fuel pump! good thing its not too hard to get to!

I'll be too pussy to drive the car from willetton to mt pleasant, especially if its firing erratically. Wouldn't it be strainful on engine components, if it was constantly running on 4-5 cylinders? But if changing the fuel pump still doesn't rectify the problem, then I think I'll have to! The test drives I've been doing after each change has been just around the block. I'de say I went around the block 8 times or so today! At one point, the car sounded like a v8 due to the miss fire!! Sounded pretty good, didnt go to well tho !

I'll get this fuel pump sorted probably early next week, and see if it solves the problem.

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknoboi wrote:
if the fuel pump was faulty to begin with. ie pumped lower rates than stock, would the fuel moving in the tank exacerbate the problem ?

man, electrical problems SUCK! especially when the ecu isnt spitting out any codes... oh wait, would the blitz ecu spit out error codes like the stock ecu?!

yes and no, the downwards pressure on the fuel pump will always be roughly the same, as will the forces, so it shouldnt really make a difference, unless the pump is ultra foobared, the little effect it could have could be multiplied! you could always get a fuel pressure gauge to see if its the pumps fault...or it could be your factory FPR

a aftermarket ecu should pump out codes just like a factory piece!

Willeton, uncle lives there, should swing round n give you a helping hand some time!

92 r32 gtst daily

teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:

yes and no, the downwards pressure on the fuel pump will always be roughly the same, as will the forces, so it shouldnt really make a difference, unless the pump is ultra foobared, the little effect it could have could be multiplied! you could always get a fuel pressure gauge to see if its the pumps fault...or it could be your factory FPR

a aftermarket ecu should pump out codes just like a factory piece!

Willeton, uncle lives there, should swing round n give you a helping hand some time!

yeah, you should check out my other ride! buying a bunch of parts to make it monthly tracker and its getting a paint job soon.

19000rpm goodnesss
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the walbro gss342 arrived yesterday, installed it easily.

i started the car, and it was running for a good 5-10s. then it stalled. i assumed it was the air in the fuel lines when i took the pump out.

flooded the spark plugs after a few tries, took them out and dried them. tried again. same thing. am i doing something wrong?

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pump bleeds air out of the system....cant help you atm, gotta go 2 work now!! will think bout issue and will reply again once i finish.....11pm

92 r32 gtst daily

Ant
'Grumpy Old C***'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you swapped the coil ignitor out?
teknoboi
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woggin wrote:
pump bleeds air out of the system....cant help you atm, gotta go 2 work now!! will think bout issue and will reply again once i finish.....11pm

no dramas man. cheers for the help you've given me already!

Ant wrote:

no i have not! so that will be next on the list!

anyone have a spare coil ignitor i can borrow?

19000rpm goodnesss
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant wrote:

wow!!! it took months for someone to suggest that.....it makes sooo much sense too....check that its clipped in properly and the grounds (does it even have grounds) are bolted down to the chassis properly......faulty ignitor explains the cornering problem if its not plugged in properly...
*EDIT* it doesnt have external grounds (like an rb), it has 2 wiring harnesses and a resistor...anyone of those 3 could be damaged/unplugged*EDIT*

my fuel pump ecu wasnt plugged in properly and whenever i parked my car at a right side lower than the left it wouldnt start, unless i had the door shut (soooo same issue as i have been having with the water),...plugged it in properly all good.....(although not sure if the water is still affecting it)

92 r32 gtst daily

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: