Japanese mileage checker.

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukee
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Japanese mileage checker. Reply with quote

Hey not sure if you guys have heard of this site but its worth finding out pre purchase if your mileage is correct, cost is around $25.00 and takes 24 hours to get the result back all it will be is the last recorded milage taken at auction and with a date.
http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk
unfortunatly my results didn't come back till I purchased the car and even though I have an auction sheet there is a discrepency, mileage says 88100klm and the report came back as 139000klm and with the date of that reading. I must say if this is true I have the shits as I was under the impression that auction sheet means the real mileage.
infotechplus
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese mileage checker. Reply with quote

lukee wrote:
Hey not sure if you guys have heard of this site but its worth finding out pre purchase if your mileage is correct, cost is around $25.00 and takes 24 hours to get the result back all it will be is the last recorded milage taken at auction and with a date.
http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk
unfortunatly my results didn't come back till I purchased the car and even though I have an auction sheet there is a discrepency, mileage says 88100klm and the report came back as 139000klm and with the date of that reading. I must say if this is true I have the shits as I was under the impression that auction sheet means the real mileage.

It could have been wound back at any time.

It is apparently easy to do and the people who do it charge a small fee so its very attractive to whoever owns the car or has possession of it. Especially if they know its going to go overseas.

Sorry but I've heard too many stories for some of them not to be true.

The only way to evaluate mileage is to look at the car and the usual wear and tear areas.

Cheers,

Peter
lukee
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, I understand that it may well be easy to wind back the clock, but.
Below is a copy taken off the japanese mileage checing website.
Who provides the verification?
An organization set up by the Japanese government maintains a database of all cars exported from Japan. When a car is sold at auction for export, all relevant information about the car is recorded, including the odometer reading at the time of auction. As a subscriber to this database, JIMC can access the information and provide you with the odometer reading at the time of auction.

So any cars that have been tampered with is highly likely the buyer not the seller as the seller would have already altered the mileage before it gets to the auction.
To me this is rather serious as how can you get an auction sheet that has a discrepency of 50000klm.
Rant
Luke.
infotechplus
JZS147 Diehard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear what you're saying.

I own a car in Japan. I want to sell it at auction and so a dealer buys it from the auctions and then gets the clock done. Simple. It's then sold directly through with the original auction sheet.

Is this not possible?

I may be wrong.

Cheers,

Peter
byteme
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would just like so say this site is a fraud... beware !!!
takes my money and no email

not even to call me a sucker ! lol
christodav
JZS147 Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byteme wrote:
would just like so say this site is a fraud... beware !!!
takes my money and no email

not even to call me a sucker ! lol

This happened to me as well for a start. Email them back with your email details and they should do it.

Chris
byteme
JZS147 Junior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got an email back this arvo saying that my car wasnt in the auctions....so yeah i cant honestly say if it was or not.

so i retract my previous statement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: