Insurance??
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Insurance?? Reply with quote

Hey Everyone..

Thought i would pop this thread up here as a central point for people to go for insurance questions/suggestions..

In about 3 weeks or so, i'll be getting my Aristo, and will be hunting down some insurance companies to see who will give me the best price...
I have had a few quick quotes done up previously to see how much i was looking at spending.. and most seemed to be less for the TT Aristo then what i was paying for my NA Supra..

Anyways - Just Cars seemed to come out about the same as another company as the cheapest (which i can not remember right now, its written down at home)... So will be speaking to both of them again when i get the car to see who can do it cheaper...

However - i'm still open to suggestions on who could insure me - keeping in mind i am under 25 so Shannons is one of the companies that are out as i'm too young for them to cover me..

Who have you got your insurance through/who have you found to be cheaper so far?
Also - could you list any websites/contacts they have.. I will update this first post with all listed if the details are provided to save people going through each post for insurance companies:)

Thanks
Jodes

Insurance Companies:
Just Cars - http://www.justcarinsurance.com.au/
Shannons - http://www.shannons.com.au/
Famous - http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/

Last freaked with by Chickita on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am; freaked 2 times in total
2JZNOSHT
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that you are under 25 i would go with Just Car. Im with Shannons but im over 25 so im able to. Ive found the premiums to be quite good but it does depend on how much you want the car insured for and what accessories you have on the car.

Black...19's...Dished Hard... Slammed... Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tones
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with just car at the moment but will more than likely swap to shannons next year.
byteme
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2JZNOSHT wrote:
Given that you are under 25 i would go with Just Car. Im with Shannons but im over 25 so im able to. Ive found the premiums to be quite good but it does depend on how much you want the car insured for and what accessories you have on the car.

yeah - i have been with Just Cars on the Supra.. and i think its coming down to them and the other company that i just cant remember now.. The guy i was talking to from there a while back said to me once i am closer to getting it, let me know what other quote i get that is less then them and he will see if he can better it Smile So might have a look into that when it comes to it.. but will also check out the descriptions of each company and make sure that they're about the same Smile
'Canary KING'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this site:

http://www.importdriver.com.au/insurance.htm

not sure how up to date it is...
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my Soarer & my g/f's Silvia insured with Just Cars. Somebody broke into my Soarer, and stole my sunnies & wallet, and damaged the paint & lock.

Just cars do not insure any personal belongings. So goodbye sunnies ($400) and wallet including all cash.

Their vehicle excess was $750, with another 'imported vehicle' excess of $500 - making total excess $1250.

I went to a person I know who is a great panel beater, but expensive, and he said that I wouldn't be able to get him to do the work as Just Cars will have one of their places do it cheaper.

I had JC do a quote and in their opinion the repair cost to paint & lock came in at $1200 - right below the excess figure.

So basically, I got nothing from them.

I instantly changed both cars over to Shannons. Their annual quote was higher than JC's, but Shannons let us pay by the month no extra. JC will let you pay per 6 months at an additional $70 per 6 months ($140 per year). So that brought the difference in premium to almost the same.

Shannons also offer $500 personal items cover, so my sunnies would have been covered with them.

Shannons gives me choice of repairer, so I can get my car fixed where I want.

Shannons also give you 1 windscreen a year, so if you cop a massive chip in your screen from a rock / truck - this is covered, for free, you don't pay a thing.

Their excess is also (from memory) $500, so in future I wont be reamed by JC's $1250 bulsh.

Funny thing is, both JC & Shannons are both underwritten by the same company!

Think long and hard before using JC, unless you have no other option.
Chickita
'Miss VIP'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - my BF is with Shannons at the moment (over 25 lucky)...
He has mentioned all the extras they they'll cover in the car, and plus you can go with your choice of repairer (this has just been tested out since someone ran up the arse of his BMW last week)

I wish it was an option for me - but for 2 more years it isnt going to happen..
Unless to change my house insurance to them and then see if they'll cover my car too - but i doubt it! haha...

I'm hoping i dont have to go with just cars, due to the bad reports that i have heard from people having problems with making claims through them.. but may not have too many options for me out there since i'm under 25 with an Import!
'Mr. Cool'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah iam with just cars........as said above, the excess's suck balls....but there were only a few who knew what an Aristo was

all iam looking for in this comprehensive is if it gets written off.......god forbid

and also make sure that they put the actual cover amount of your car for what u bought it

on mine they put it at $14,000 , which i put in that i bought it for 20.......tell them that you want it for what you paid for it !!.......they will do it .... it's just a phone call
thommo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob how much did yours cost ?
Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shannons, $600 fully comp
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting tidbit

When i was getting mine complied and going through the process I called various companies numerous times over the time period and asked for quotes.
Final (best) quote came to something like $1300 at Just Cars for a 1994 TT Aristo.

When i got it registered and on the road, it was put through the DPI as a Lexus GS300 not a Toyota Aristo, so when i spoke to Just Cars again for another quote, they put it through their system as a GS300. This time i also listed off all it's mods, had it insured for more and came clean on everything just so they couldn't refuse to pay for something.
Quote came out at $1100, over $200 less than before.

Take what you will from that, but my guess is their system has different listings for GS300 and Aristo and the GS300 might have less $$ attached.
2JZNOSHT
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakedterror wrote:

How much is the car insured for at that price if ya dont mind me askin ?

Black...19's...Dished Hard... Slammed... Nuff said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazwaaah
'Mr. 60mm'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey rusty... i think you'll find it has to do with the make of the car... example there are alot more ppl dinging up toyota's than lexus's

they wanted $7600 full comp for my 180sx lol

lost licence twice and under 21, and with relevant mods...

Flutter Crew '08
Patch Crew '09
Contiki Crew '10
Import Monster
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2JZNOSHT wrote:
nakedterror wrote:

$18k, mods noted Smile

also should point out that I've been insured with them for a number of years, am over 30 and they like the fact that I'm involved in cars as a living, as well as a hobby. When I insured my STI with them, they asked if I compete in motorsport, if I am involved in car clubs etc Smile
monkeymajik
JZS147 Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with JC as they quoted me 400 cheaper per year than shannon's in premium.

When I turn 25 I will switch back to shannon's as I really like their extra's (as outlined by Aristo) Plus they will do a better agree'd value.

JC covers myself and my gf for 14,200 for 1000PA we are both rating 1's but under 25.
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Shannons you MUST be what they call an 'enthusiast'. So you gotta be a member of a club, go to track days, that sorta stuff.

They figure that if you are a car nut / enthusiast you will take better care of your car than the average punter.

So if you ring them up they will ask you this, be prepared for an appropriate answer.
Thierrynose
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know who would cover me with the aristo as im only 20? Ive been with just cars before and never had a problem, but then again i never had to make a claim. I hate insurance!
Aristo
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think under 25 your stuck. Stick it out, you don't have much choice.
psi999
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakedterror wrote:
2JZNOSHT wrote:
nakedterror wrote:

$18k, mods noted Smile

also should point out that I've been insured with them for a number of years, am over 30 and they like the fact that I'm involved in cars as a living, as well as a hobby. When I insured my STI with them, they asked if I compete in motorsport, if I am involved in car clubs etc Smile

Same deal here, got my Skyline with them too ($600).
1999 Subaru Impreza WRX - VF28, FMIC, exhaust - For sale
JayVee
'Aristo Freak'

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm through SGIO, thought the Aristo model would be an issue but it wasn't. Only extra was a $500 import excess.

I was surprised that the Aristo was listed and that it only cost me $629 p/a

I am with SGIO for both my houses and the contents on my home, my other vehicles too so that probably helps.

Jay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristochat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: