Oh wate so do I Confused Eeek Dance Meh skidz lol

Cant get enough of the stick Very Happy Alot of us on here luv the stick Razz
simpo
"Toymotorspurt"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooper oops wrong sign lol Agreed
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say you manual guys take any chance you can to play with ya stick Razz and show it off
Bukkake Cross Jerk

The napolex Levoc is probably the only shifter Ive ever seen that fits so auto guys if ya interested there ya are a shifter that employs the OD button and fits with minor modification to wiring thats it. hope it helps. Very Happy
ems3s
Site Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok back on track guys. Dont make me get the stick out Very Happy
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboMoehican wrote:
I must say you manual guys take any chance you can to play with ya stick Razz and show it off
Bukkake Cross Jerk

The napolex Levoc is probably the only shifter Ive ever seen that fits so auto guys if ya interested there ya are a shifter that employs the OD button and fits with minor modification to wiring thats it. hope it helps. Very Happy

You buying one T-Man ? Beng will be most peeved Razz
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:
TurboMoehican wrote:
Bukkake Cross Jerk

You buying one T-Man ? Beng will be most peeved Razz

Im thinking to get one just to see what it looks like cause its easily reverseable. I'm thinking Carbon fibre look to match the trim. However if its not solid and its a flimsy piece of shit Ill be looking at the UFC20 gated conversion instead. Its just ive looked everywhere and can't find a JDM Celsior Floor Shifter anywhere so Im leaning towards the Levoc Shifter for now!!
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these today have They have OD button and are small and ** non dildo looking** little ricer looking. But still not bad the come in a wide variety of colours and are easy to install.

price a easy $28 ps ship from USA

here is the link if anyone wants one. I have ordered the full carbon fibre looking one for trial

http://stores.ebay.com.au/q-sport-Online/Shift-Knobs-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=202791015&_sid=805173415&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Are OBX brand name a copy of a discontinued Razo knob here are some pics

sleeperJZS147
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the supra PHR auto shifter I posted up, can be used on soarer sc400 / sc300.
Now these two shifters that have been put up are generic for several toyota's
I don't understand why the PHR can't be used ??
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeperJZS147 wrote:
the supra PHR auto shifter I posted up, can be used on soarer sc400 / sc300.
Now these two shifters that have been put up are generic for several toyota's
I don't understand why the PHR can't be used ??

I reckon it can!!! just overdrive button is on a seperate switch with that kit, which means its not quickly accessible as the OEM shifter or these above.
Only way you will Know is to buy one and test it out. and if ya do please do a write up.

I want a Aftermarket shifter with a OD button on the Shifter knob itself hence why im testing the OBX-R Tomcat and the LEVOC to see what fits and what suits. since both are easily reversable I won't have a issue testing.
sleeperJZS147
JZS147 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats right, a switch needs to be put somewhere.
Also the shifter won't have a buttton on top like these two options to move the shifter. I think you must press down on the whole shifter to get it to shift Confused
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleeperJZS147 wrote:
Yeah thats right, a switch needs to be put somewhere.
Also the shifter won't have a buttton on top like these two options to move the shifter. I think you must press down on the whole shifter to get it to shift Confused

Yeah I think your right it will need to be to be depressed to move it through the shift pattern as the lock won't disengage until its pushed down. however one issue you might have is the column trim under the Shifter does the aristo column trim fit or does the billet come with one that is able to be cut to fit??
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmmm....sorry blokes just my 2 cents worth, i do NOT like the stock shifter or the surrounding area
in a 147, or the way it works . so am going to throw the whole lot out and update with a newer model shifter and surround (complete unit ) thus allowing me to obtain a much better shifter handle..!!
and if needed rebuild the console around it..!! Very Happy
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james05 wrote:
mmmmmmm....sorry blokes just my 2 cents worth, i do NOT like the stock shifter or the surrounding area
in a 147, or the way it works . so am going to throw the whole lot out and update with a newer model shifter and surround (complete unit ) thus allowing me to obtain a much better shifter handle..!!
and if needed rebuild the console around it..!! Very Happy

I would love to move to the gated shifter like ufc20 ls400 or jzs161 but can't find one anywhere in RHD pattern anywhere for a decent price. So for now till i do one of the above will do for now. then once I find a Gated shifter from a updated model Im goner install it and make up a custom Carbon Fibre covered Bezel.
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to move to the gated shifter like ufc20 ls400 or jzs161 but can't find one anywhere in RHD pattern anywhere for a decent price. So for now till i do one of the above will do for now. then once I find a Gated shifter from a updated model Im goner install it and make up a custom Carbon Fibre covered Bezel.[/quote]

^^^^^^ this..!!!! will let you know how i go bloke..... Confused nick . Smile
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james05 wrote:
I would love to move to the gated shifter like ufc20 ls400 or jzs161 but can't find one anywhere in RHD pattern anywhere for a decent price. So for now till i do one of the above will do for now. then once I find a Gated shifter from a updated model Im goner install it and make up a custom Carbon Fibre covered Bezel.

^^^^^^ this..!!!! will let you know how i go bloke..... Confused nick . Smile[/quote]

I found a pretty good thread on another forum of how this guy modified the bottom plate from his car and installed the newer gate shifter on top of the that so there was very little mounting and installation problems.
But he still couldn't get OD to work on the D selection eg D=OD 3,2,1 because the switch for the OD is activated when the shifter moves from 3 to D but is a reversed signal to the 147 OD switch.

SO let us know how ya go with it all and any availability of gated shifters if ya find any
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no unfortanatly you wont mate, thats the hardest part with a 147 shifter (the O/D button )
BUT .. i cant see any major problems with placing a separate switch close to the shifter in / around
the console..?
being a "161" shifter setup is electronically controlled by the ECU , i believe, and IS a different g/box anyway ! so i do not think you could get it to work the same in a 147 as in a 161..?

what i am trying to say here ,is you could more than likely fit a complete 161 shifter setup in a 147 console , than as said , make a "shifter" plate / surround for our 147 console..?
but at the end of the day the shifter will still only work the SAME as a 147 shifter.!! (not sequential )
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="james05"]no unfortanatly you wont mate, thats the hardest part with a 147 shifter (the O/D button )
BUT .. i cant see any major problems with placing a separate switch close to the shifter in / around
the console..?
being a "161" shifter setup is electronically controlled by the ECU , i believe, and IS a different g/box anyway ! so i do not think you could get it to work the same in a 147 as in a 161..?

what i am trying to say here ,is you could more than likely fit a complete 161 shifter setup in a 147 console , than as said , make a "shifter" plate / surround for our 147 console..?
but at the end of the day the shifter will still only work the SAME as a 147 shifter.!! (not sequential )

I can see what ya saying maybe a relay can be used to reverse the signal. or easier place another switch that activates the OD once in D Can't be hard.
Also having a separate switch for OD mounted elsewhere must be very annoying i would have it off all the time revving the shit outta the auto for no reason other than my stupidity.

here is the link i went to you may have seen it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/272689-gated-shifter-2.html

he has pretty detailed photos of the whole process he went through.
NICK 05
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep..!!! seen that mate . BUT...that's a ls400 shifter the man is working on . a LOT bigger unit than say
a jzs161 unit . and for me looks overly "busy" with all the switches down the side.. Suprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: