Yellow Foglights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do have there uses when its foggie but nothing shits me more then seeing people with them on when its fucking not even dusk !!!!!!!!! Used to this fuckwit on my daily ventures to work coming in the opposite direction in his HSV ute with the fuckin foggies on and then later on a few months down the track cops had pulled him over & I was hoping it was for having the foggies on Very Happy

You've headlights and highbeams 9 times out of 10 foggies used for wank factor nothing more nothing less.
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:
TurboMoehican wrote:
To be honest i Think Yellow foggies looks Mikey Oowww each to there own Razz

THIS ^

I'll go one better i reckon foggies are shit fullstop Very Happy Disconnected mine only end up with the police on your case if you've them on, end up being fined / canaried & they're not needed in most of ozzie anyway.

How'd i do Poke

God damn you must either have some bad cops or you must drive like an absolute tool on the street in your car! I'm asuming its option a swing as your an older citizen? My foggies have been on since the drive home when I picked up my car 1 1/2 yrs ago cops have never said a damn thing to me even when I have been pulled up.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very illegal in WA to have them on and it gets beyond the joke with d/heads in WRXs and HSVs have them on 24/7 even in broad fucking daylight. Id love to be a cop id pullover everyone with foggies on & book'em daddo Mad

$150 fine and no demerit points from memory....
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the first to admit mine are on for pure wank factor, I think they look cool on. However I only ever have them on when need my lights on, but can't see why it would bother anyone during the day? Do you get distracted by bright shiny things, and so by default this annoys you? Also it's illegal in all states I'm fairly certain.
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate with a passion the stupid white LED Fog "Driving" lights on all new cars manufacturers have lost there nack on good design.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive foggies on my Sportivo but ive used them probally twice with a few foggy mornings and that's about it...

Honestly turn them off only attract unwanted attention over here they fuckin pounce allover it and i know a few Aristo owners who've been pulled over too Razz

Foggies wank factor and police force need me to snip the wiring when they book someone Razz
lachlan_vlt
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol the man is passionate in his hate, that's for sure.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lachlan_vlt wrote:
Lol the man is passionate in his hate, that's for sure.

Yes no love for foggies need hammer treatment aswell Very Happy Only reason ive left mine inplace look fugly without them.
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man is very passionate about his viewpoint Razz

I don't mind em.. they don't bother me when others have em on, as long as it's not inyourface at night time and blinding me from seeing the road. Even then, it's no worse than some people's headlights not adjusted properly.

I use mine. =) And have been pinged for it before by cops, but ohwell.
TurboMoehican

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SA Im pretty sure its they are only aloud to be used in non-residential areas. Its all good where I live but Ive been warned B4 in my old car in local town.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes im passionate because they're not needed 90% of the time Razz

Leave foggies on will garner interest from the wrong parties and you'll be royally reamed believe you me, yes Rusty was referring to you as knew you'd been pulled for foggies Very Happy I know of a few more WA Aristo owners out there....
Woggin
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:
Very illegal in WA to have them on and it gets beyond the joke with d/heads in WRXs and HSVs have them on 24/7 even in broad fucking daylight. Id love to be a cop id pullover everyone with foggies on & book'em daddo Mad

$150 fine and no demerit points from memory....

i got a story for ya...

finished work @ 2am one morning, by about 0030 it had stared fogging up, to the point where aircraft would be taking off and just disappearing on the tarmac in clouds of fog, then lifting off and disappearing again 30ft above the tarmac...it was stupid and it came thick and quick...

driving home it was getting thicker and thicker, couldnt see more than 300m sorta shit..real thick! (along with random spots where youd just disappear in white) anyways crossing the canning river bridge (on leach) saw some cops...packing up, booze bus or a crash not entirely sure, they setup there lil speed bumps (real sharp and real tall) and so am doing walking pace over them, cop standing just after them getting hell impatient, waving me through aggressively, comes up to my window (as it was down) and yells at me 'youve got ya fog lights on,' since it was stupid foggy, i replied, its foggy enough that i cant see shit, to which he replies, 'its not foggy enough, you cant have them on, also your drivers side fog light is broken you gotta fix it.' 'Alright cya.'

my drivers foggy is out to allow fresh air to my trans cooler, i find it funny that it was foggy as fuck! and somehow i aint allowed to use them...

JZS147 stock snails 12.58@115, T04Z is here, still in beta!
92 r32 gtst daily

Old rides: 04 zze123r, 98 ae111r, 92 ep82gt, 92 sw20r, 00 ncp10r, 91 uzz31, 84 Ma61, 88 gz20, 90 jza70, 90 jza70 aerotop
Rusty P
'Mr. Dicktation'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cop just an idiot I guess.
WA is practically the only state they take a hardline view on them, and even then the law explicitly states theyre not to be used unless in adverse weather conditions. Basically when its foggy. If he did ping you, take a photo n take it to court with you. Judge would very quickly throw it out..
doesnt help with the coppers tho. They can be Very strict about foggies and just slap fines on anyone regardless. One of those easy things theyve been told to fine for when they need to raise their quota.
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good reason they take a hardline theyre fuckin rubbish and downright annoying Razz

If its ultra foggy valid case and point but 99% of the time turn the fuckers off !
Leroy
'Ex Aristo Owner'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look to see if I still have them here, Might have chucked them on my last clean up, But I did see them.

Fog (Flog) lights are only good to make way for a nice big Cold Air intake IMHO. Very Happy

But then again my EVO has them built into the head lights (Like S13 Silvia) so I'd be very unlucky to get pined for them and I can see better with them on in a very dark road or out on the High-way.

See it on the Dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP52UANtyXg
510ONE
JZS147 Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just have them on when on a cruise or highway "fun" which is mostly at night anyways. but not in everyday driving lol dont want to get popo attention lol
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

510ONE wrote:
i just have them on when on a cruise or highway "fun" which is mostly at night anyways. but not in everyday driving lol dont want to get popo attention lol

Where do you live i'll be on the next available flight with hammer and tin snips in tow Eeek Dance Razz
sq-aristo
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: DAMN FOGLIGHTS Reply with quote

Aristoman wrote:

If its ultra foggy valid case and point but 99% of the time turn the fuckers off !

agreed with aristoman, they have a point but the amount of people who have them on all the time drives me nuts. i travel 200km back home every second weekend and at least 25% of cars have foglights on.
i drive my ute with spotlights that can blind anything but i turn them off it i "think" another car is coming, these wanka's with there foglights nearly blind be and if i flash them they dont even get why.
makes me think some people dont realize they are on so when i am in my aristo i flash the foglights at oncoming foglight drivers... still nothing Rant
i think a the cops need to actually enforce this crap law or hammers will be used Very Happy
Aristoman
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DAMN FOGLIGHTS Reply with quote

sq-aristo wrote:
Aristoman wrote:

agreed with aristoman, they have a point but the amount of people who have them on all the time drives me nuts. i travel 200km back home every second weekend and at least 25% of cars have foglights on.
i drive my ute with spotlights that can blind anything but i turn them off it i "think" another car is coming, these wanka's with there foglights nearly blind be and if i flash them they dont even get why.
makes me think some people dont realize they are on so when i am in my aristo i flash the foglights at oncoming foglight drivers... still nothing Rant
i think a the cops need to actually enforce this crap law or hammers will be used Very Happy

Makes you my new bestest friend Very Happy Reassure

Seriously totally agree with all points, im the same drive every morning at 5am and 25% of fuckwits have there foggies on when its not even close to foggy.

Im starting up smash the foglights club....
sq-aristo
JZS147 Noobie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

sounds good haha entry fee is a smashed fog light lense brittle from being on all the time Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JZS147 Australia Forum Index -> Aristo Aesthetics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: